PDA

View Full Version : Fountainview Cafe open?

disneyfan369
04-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know if the Fountainview Cafe is open? I thought I read somewhere that it was closed, but I don't remember where. And if it's closed, when will it reopen?

Tinkermom
04-13-2007, 09:30 AM
It was closed when we were there in March. I have always wondered about this place as I have NEVER seen it open. Every trip it is my "thing" to see if Fountainview Cafe is open and it never is. :confused: Seems like a great spot to stop into in the morning for a cup of coffee and a pastry.

What is up with this place?

MsMin
04-13-2007, 10:05 AM
It was open in Dec and it was great. They had a wonderful selection of pastries and I started my mornings there the last 3 mornings I was there. My kids would get up at different times and Didn't want us going far so it was a great meeting place. I would be disappointed if it was closed. One problem was that when the wind was strong you could get a fine mist from the fountain on the patio. :rain:

January-2007
04-13-2007, 10:18 AM
It was closed when we were there in January. I suspect it will be open in September with the Free Dining though.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I think I'm confused:confused: . Is Fountainview in EPCOT to the right of the big fountain, small inside and tables on a semi circle porch on the outside?? If that is Fountain View I have never seen it closed :confused: . We've been to Disney many times many seasons and it's always been open.That's where we start our mornings with breakfast :eat: :tasty: . Or am I thinking of Electric Umbrella???

alicia524luvstw
04-14-2007, 05:33 AM
Fountain View closes early in the day, I think around 3:00pm. I always see a sign directing people to Electric Umbrella. I've never missed it in the morning though

auntfrannie
04-14-2007, 06:54 AM
I thought it's been closed during the character connection remodeling they've been doing? I'm hoping that it will be open when I'm there in August because it is a great place to get a quick breakfast.

Figment!
04-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I thought it's been closed during the character connection remodeling they've been doing?It has.

The new Epcot Character Spot has been announced to have a "Spring 2007" opening date, so the Fountainview Cafe should be re-opening soon.

Generally speaking, the location does have a history of unannounced truncated hours and short periods of non-operation.