PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a funny WDW story?

KentB3
04-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Did you have something funny happen to you (or anyone else) at WDW? Particularly something that you will never forget?

I have had my share on them. The first was at ABC Soap Weekend in 2005, when Susan Lucci (Erica Kane from All My Children) was being interviewed near the Big Hat at Disney-MGM. After the main part of the interview, the two hosts ask guests in the crowd if they had questions for her. While this was being done, an OBSESSED fan yelled out (more like SCREECHED) questions and comments to Susan Lucci, like she was her long-lost best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :funny: :funny: :funny:

Another was during a character greet with Peter Pan and Wendy across from Pirates of the Carribean last November. A small girl no older than 3 got scared by THEM when it was her turn to greet, and ran into the Pirates gift shop. Peter and Wendy ran inside, looking for her, and ran ALL OVER the shop like chickens with their heads cut off! I bet that was a sight for the guests inside the shop! :funny:

Eventually, they found her, but the girl still wanted no part of them, and she left with her mother. :nope: :peter:

Almost any moment with the Mad Hatter could qualify. I have met him twice so far, both times at the 1900 Park Faire character breakfast. The first time, he noticed I was drinking his favorite beverage with my breakfast, even though it was iced tea. He remarked, "you should try HOT tea, it's MUCH better!" :hatter: :funny:

angedeaile
04-13-2007, 01:48 PM
LOL. I love how the little girl just took off. Most kids run to their parents!

I had a similar thread, but it focused on funny attraction stories. Some of them had me laughing so hard!

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=100361

Hmm..a funny, non-attraction, story ...that one is hard!

I think I laughed pretty hard when we were in Italy at Epcot and my boyfriend pointed at Geppeddo and said really loud, "Look it's Gelato!" We could hear two little ones near us giggling at his comment. Poor fella :blush: It was cute though!

Um, the time that my little brother went to meet Flick in AK.

Flick really liked the safari hat he had on and tried to take it from him. My brother fought pretty darn hard that it turned into a tug of war. He seemed to be getting:mad: I kept telling him to let him see the hat and it was okay!

For a minute I thought there was going to be a brawl!

After he realized that Flick wasn't a klepto and was just being silly, we got some really cute shots of him laughing it off.

Afterwards, he wouldn't stop talking about that crazy Flick and how he should go buy his own hat!

FiggyFan
04-14-2007, 04:01 PM
We rented a surry bike at BW for a ride around the lake. BIL decided he wanted a picture of us turning the corner of the bridge near Epcot and heading downhill towards BC. We stopped on the bridge, and he ran on ahead. Since it was full darkness, he had the flash on. Another family on a surry bike passed us on the bridge and turned the corner to an unexpected "FLASH!" and we got a photo of one very surprised family!

LoriMistress
04-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Thinking about this one makes me chuckle a bit. DH and I were at the Cystal Palace and we met up with this cute family of five (all three of their kids were at least six-years-old and younger). Well, when Eeyoore came to our table, the little girl (must have been around three) was tugging on his tail to try to remove it. We thought this was too cute.