PDA

View Full Version : Checking for cancelled ADRs?

Efrank
04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
I know it's late but we were hope to get in at Akershus for breakfast or an early lunch. I called this evening for ressies on May 15 and no luck :( Is there any point in checking every few days on cancellations? If you think there is a chance, how often should I check? Is there a system to trying to get in?

Vinny
04-12-2007, 10:28 PM
It wouldn't hurt to check every 2-3 days to see if there is an ADR time available for you. The worst that can happen is there is still nothing available. May 15th is a little over a month away so there is plenty of to keep checking to see if someone has canceled. Good luck, have a good trip!!

MMouse6937
04-12-2007, 10:34 PM
I would definately check back often to see if there have been any cancellations and be flexible regarding your time. You never know what might happen. Also, if you completely strike out, try again when you get to the resort and the day of too...it never hurts to try every angle if there's a place you really want to eat. We kept trying for a different time at Le Cellier for our last trip, it didn't work for us that time, but you never know. Good luck to you, I'll be sending pixie dust your way hoping you get your reservation :pixie: :)

lilmattie13
04-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi
I would call back every couple of days or so or daily if youhave the time and the patience.

I have all my ADR's in place for a Sept trip and we wanted le celier but when I called the first time we werent able to get dinner res. I called the first time on a Friday and then again on a Monday and we got in for 4:40.

I really think its a hit or miss kind of thing and the CM said that what often happens is people will book more than one res to have a back up plan then once they decide they do cancel one.

So with that said if you really want to go there I would try to call every chance I had.

Dont give up!!!
:thumbsup:

Piglet822
04-13-2007, 06:47 AM
I agree with everyone else here, call often. I'd call everyday, you never know when someone might cancel. I'd even check the day of. We have several weekend trips planned in the coming months and I know that I might not keep all of my ADR's but won't be cancelling then until the last minute.
And I encourage others to call and cancel the ADR's you're not planning on keeping. You just might help put some of that Disney :magic: into someones day :)