PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time Cafe

kadesha
04-12-2007, 08:29 PM
I've always "known" about this place, but saw a picture from there today! Wow! I really want to go there, but already have ADR's for my table credits. Could you please share expereinces with me and help me decide if it'd be worth it to pay for this meal out of pocket. Any feedback is appreciated! :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
04-12-2007, 08:33 PM
OK
Most on these boards LOVE this place; I admit I need to try it again... :unsure:
BUT... my family didn't care for it; CM wouldn't leave us alone - please, I'm a grown adult with a career and a family - DO NOT tell me to eat my veggies!!! He just wouldn't quit and didn't know when to 'get the hint.'
However, admittedly, I'm in the VAST minority on these boards! :mickey:

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:19 PM
We LOVE this place!

I have seen people standing in the corner for not keeping their elbows on the table, I have seen people with gum on the end of their nose (for the entire meal) b/c they came to the table without spitting their gum out first.

On one of our trips, I didn't eat my veggies. I hid them between two empty appetizer plates. My DH "told" on me, and the CM started pointing at him and SHOUTING, "Tattle tale, tattle tale, hang your underwear by a nail" . Then when it came time for dessert, he brought my DH and DD theirs, but brought me the veggies that I had hidden, topped with whipped cream and a cherry! He said "mom" said that was the only dessert I would be getting that night!

I think it is great fun!

poeticeclipse
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
This is a must eat for us! If you truly cannot stand being picked on, don't go. It's really that simple. It's nice if you're a fun, "whatever happens" kind of person. The food is good. Not great, but good. It's comfort food that's not a burger and fries(although you can get that too.) The waiter will be part of your "family" and then order you around if you can't "behave." Just remember, the soap is blue. :secret:

grego77
04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
3 words: I LOVE IT.
3 more words: YOU'LL LOVE IT

...the end. :mickey:

kadesha
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
do you have to ask to be in one of the kitchen areas? is there some awful behind the wall place they could possibly dump us? we'd definetly want to be in the little 50's kitchen environment.

Christine
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
do you have to ask to be in one of the kitchen areas? is there some awful behind the wall place they could possibly dump us? we'd definetly want to be in the little 50's kitchen environment.

It's nothing but lots of little 50's kitchen environments! You can't miss!:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
04-12-2007, 11:02 PM
We had a great time last year. The only "warning" I want to relay is.....if you are a private person/family and don't like a lot of "HUBUB" you probably shouldn't go. If you don't eat all your meal, they will make a comment out loud to the entire dining room. If you ask where the restroom is, they will yell out loud, "Don't forget to wash your hands." Little stuff like that bothers some people, if you can handle it and you don't mind.....go for it. Enjoy it. You will have a great time.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-13-2007, 12:23 AM

We went here our last trip. Everyone raved about the place. We made our reservations and could not wait to go. We were so excited as we walked in and saw the "main" area. Very cute! As our waitress kept walking she seated us in a tiny cramped space next to a wall. There was a cutout in the wall so we could see into the main area but we were so disappointed. Our table was crammed up against a wall and another table that had to keep saying "excuse me" when the got up or had to move. It was terrible. I think if you are able to request the "kitchenette" that would be the best place. If not just in the main area would be okay too.

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 02:16 AM
If you are willing to wait for one, I'm sure you can request a kitchen area. They do have dumb places though. The food is excellent regardless and the atmosphere is fun!

the real Alice
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
We ate here a month ago. I'd read so many good reviews that this was one of the few ADRs I was not worried about.

I was WRONG. We thought the food was terrible. The milkshakes were terrific, but the steak and grilled chicken were terrible. The fried chicken was just OK. If your from the south have have really had good home fried chicken you will be really dissapointed.
The atmosphere was cute but not worth the bad food.

I'd go back for a snack and just get a PB&J milkshake.