PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin or Swan, how many in a room?

Jessietoystory2
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I will be going to WDW with my family in August. My husband and I with our three children (15), (9), & (4) will all be going. Can we fit all of us in one of there hotel rooms. I am getting a teachers discount. Also, I have seen alot of people posting items about the free dining plan. What is it?

disney obsessed
04-13-2007, 08:13 PM
I only know about the Swan. My family of 5 fit very nicely with two queen beds and the aerobed we always travel with for the floor.

TammiMcMan
04-13-2007, 10:44 PM
The Swan allows 4 and the Dolphin allows 5. There's only bedding for up to 4 guests in the room, but the Dolphin has rollaways available for rental in adult and child sizes (no charge for the child size).

Information about the free dining offer can be found on this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101424). Basically, it's part of the Magic Your Way package. If you book that and your resort still has room accomodations set aside with the free dining, you can have that added on. It's all about availability though and I know the rooms were going fast.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-13-2007, 11:37 PM
We've fit 3 adults & 2 kids at the Dolphin. It was tight but we don't spend that much time in the room.
As far as the free dining, you can't get that if you are staying at the Swan or Dolphin.
These are not official Disney hotels in spite of being on property. They are owned by Tishman, operated under Starwood and Disney is their landlord.
You can use Disney transportation, extra magic hours and you can have stuff sent back to your hotel from the parks. But no free dining ):

TammiMcMan
04-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Right, only the Magic your Way base package is available for the Swan/Dolphin. No dining add on, free or otherwise.

It takes some work to predict a dining budget for Disney, but it may be worthwhile to try that. Especially if POR has availability for one of their trundle bed rooms. I think it's a little less money, even at the Dolphins discounted price. Of course, the OP would then be giving up a very convenient location. That's a tough call.