PDA

View Full Version : Hibachi grill

tinkerbell615
04-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Hello.

My DS would like to know if there is somewhere at WDW where there is a Hibachi grill? He loves Japanese food and would like to try a new place at Disney. We typically eat quickly at the fast food restaurants while we are there but if I can find him a place he might enjoy we might actually try a nicer restaurant.

I figure if anyone will know.... this is the place to ask.

Crow
04-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Teppanyaki in the Japan pavilion. its currently under rehab though. ive only eaten there once, but every trip i hit the lounge. at the front of the pavilion theres a lounge where you can get sake, sushi, tempura and look out the window to the lagoon...even watch Illuminations from there.

EvilQueen2006
04-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Yes, Teppanyaki in Japan is a very good habachi grill restaraunt. Like crow said, it is under construction. Not sure when you will be there. I believe there is a japanese place in either the swan or dolphin resort too.

SBETigg
04-12-2007, 07:46 PM
In the Japan pavillion of World Showcase, there is the Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki restaurant, which will be down for refurbishment from April to the end of August. You're in luck if your trip is after August 25.

Crow
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
in the Swan/Dolphin is Kimonos a great place for sushi,sake and karaoke. i had my first sushi there
theres a Benihanas in the Hilton in DD area.
hate that i will miss the lounge in May but ill get to it in Sept.

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:48 AM
thats awesome that you guys like hibachi! my fiance and i consider ourselves hibachi conisours. we LOVE trying new hibachi places, there so much fun. i will have to say unfortunetly the one in epcot at the Japan pavillion is not up to par with most hibachi shows/and food quality. they are pretty rude there too. believe me, i am a fan, and i've eaten there many times - but i certainly wouldn't waste a meal there if you have somewhere else in mind.
there is a really nice (best version of the benihanas chain we've been to by far) Benihana's at the hilton in DTD and its honestly a lot more entertaining and better food. you get soup AND salad at benihana's, where as at Japan in epcot - it depends if there feeling generous that day lol. some days they include both, some days they dont. and i think benihana's has a better Ginger Salad dressing. Japan's is too peanuty in my opinion.
if your in the area for a while, have a rental car and are looking to explore the area - i'd recommend driving up 4 (about an hour) to Daytona Beach and hitting up "Sapporros" - it is BY FAR - HANDS DOWN - The absolute best Hibachi/Sushi i've ever had. And its SUPER cheap. Had friends who lived in DB for 3 yrs and everytime we came to visit it was a must do.
Oh and if ur looking for great sushi in WDW - california grill 'steak can be sushi' OR wolfgang puck cafe's version the super spicey tuna role!

tinkerbell615
04-13-2007, 07:32 PM
thats awesome that you guys like hibachi! my fiance and i consider ourselves hibachi conisours. we LOVE trying new hibachi places, there so much fun. i will have to say unfortunetly the one in epcot at the Japan pavillion is not up to par with most hibachi shows/and food quality. they are pretty rude there too. believe me, i am a fan, and i've eaten there many times - but i certainly wouldn't waste a meal there if you have somewhere else in mind.
there is a really nice (best version of the benihanas chain we've been to by far) Benihana's at the hilton in DTD and its honestly a lot more entertaining and better food. you get soup AND salad at benihana's, where as at Japan in epcot - it depends if there feeling generous that day lol. some days they include both, some days they dont. and i think benihana's has a better Ginger Salad dressing. Japan's is too peanuty in my opinion.
if your in the area for a while, have a rental car and are looking to explore the area - i'd recommend driving up 4 (about an hour) to Daytona Beach and hitting up "Sapporros" - it is BY FAR - HANDS DOWN - The absolute best Hibachi/Sushi i've ever had. And its SUPER cheap. Had friends who lived in DB for 3 yrs and everytime we came to visit it was a must do.
Oh and if ur looking for great sushi in WDW - california grill 'steak can be sushi' OR wolfgang puck cafe's version the super spicey tuna role!

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I will have to share them with DS. I actually have only been to one hibachi restaurant and that was to celebrate an event with DS. He had been selling me on the place for a while and I have to say... he was right. It was very good! I am not a sushi person but he loves it. We will have a rental car so maybe we can try something off Disney property.