PDA

View Full Version : 1001 Places to see before you die.

darthmacho
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
This is a popular book right now, and while we all don't have time to list 1001, perhaps we could all list our top 10 places we'd love to see before we die. Feel free to include places you have been, but you must let us know you have done that!

Here's my list:

1. Walt Disney World, FL: I've gone three times, and am planning a fourth next year, and even though the real world is full of fascinating things, the "Happiest Place on Earth" still tops my list.
2. African Safari: Not likely to happen. Not adventurous enough, I suppose. I'll have to settle for Animal Kingdom Lodge.
3. Australian Outback: Okay, that's kind of vague, but it won't happen for me either, so what the heck.
4. Mount Washington, NH: Was just there last summer, and have been up top as a teen, but it's my goal in life to look out from that summit again some day.
5. Deadwood, SD: I would love to see the town that inspired my favorite t.v. show, and there are a lot of great parks and natural wonders in the Black Hills. Mt. Rushmore would be cool o see.
6. Venice, Italy: It just sounds so romantic. My back-up plan would be Amsterdam.
7. Niagara Falls: Been there, want to go again, butI'm kind of disappointed to find out that man has altered it so much.
8. San Diego, CA: Okay, I mostly want to see the zoo, but I'm sure there are a lot of neat things to do there.
9. Pyramids of Egypt: I'd love to see them, but don't want the mummy's curse! :D
10. Washington D.C.: Our country may not be perfect, and the city might be full of polititions, but I can't help but feel that all Americans should visit D.C. as a sort of pilgrimage for democracy. :flag:

DisneyDude1977
04-12-2007, 07:26 PM
1. WDW, Florida
2. Disneyland, CA
3. The UK
4. Vegas
5. New York City
6. Washington, D.C.
7. Tilghman Island, MD
8. Japan
9. South Korea
10. Norway

LibertyTreeGal
04-12-2007, 07:35 PM
1. Israel
2. Petra (Jordan)
3. New Zealand
4. Ireland
5. Alaska
6. The Alps
7. Grand Canyon
8. The Smithsonian
9. The Victoria and Albert Museum in London
10. WDW

TikiGoddess
04-12-2007, 08:15 PM
This is a wish list -- if I won the lottery I might be able to go to these places...

1. Tokyo (the city and DisneySea)
2. Egypt - Pyramids
3. Greece
4. Australia
5. Barcelona (lived there for 2 years but want to go back with my girls when they are teens)
6. Paris (visited twice, want to bring the family!)
7. Ireland -- castles.
8. Las Vegas
9. Cruise the Caribbean
10. China

But if I only get back to Europe with my girls, get to go on a cruise with my hubby, and get in enough visits to WDW to keep my Disney obsession going, I will be happy.

Great topic!
TikiG

jennbunn
04-13-2007, 01:02 AM
ok here is my top 10
1: ireland
[
2: uk

3: italy

4: australia
5: hawaii

6: spain

7: texas

8: japan

9: st thomas/virgin islands

10: disneyland
]

Disney Lynn
04-13-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm still trying to narrow my choices down to ten! But I can think of several right here in the USA- first- you all must see the Grand Canyon! And then there's Yellowstone, Zion and Bryce NP's (do you see the theme here?) We're going to Death Valley, Sequoia and Yosemite in September, so I'll probably love them too. But I don't want to slight Mt Ranier or Acadia NP. Alaska! Wow! St Thomas (St John's). And Canada is gorgeous (not just Niagara Falls- visit PEI while reading the Anne of Greene Gables series to your young daughter!) Ooops- more than ten.

Seriously, I've been so fortunate to travel around the USA,Canada, plus Europe, the Med, Central America, etc- but I am saddened when people ignore some of the great sites in their own country (whatever that country might be).

And of course- on top of everyone's list- Walt Disney World! Happy traveling!

tinkerbelle75
04-16-2007, 05:42 PM
1. The Galapagos Islands
2. Austrailia
3. Vermont countryside in the fall.
4. The Grand Canyon
5. Norway or Sweden
6. Venice
7. Beijing
8. The Kalahari (Meerkats!!!!)
9. Hawaii
10. NYC
These are, of course,in addition to WDW, where I hope to a go 1001 MORE times before I die.:mickey:

princessjojo
04-16-2007, 05:55 PM
That's hard to narrow down but here goes:
1. WDW
2. Russia, but I don't really know why, that's part of the mystique.
3. Monaco
4. Alaska
5. Hawaii
6. Any of the Fla. Keys with only shorts, a tank top, swimsuit, a ponytail holder, and flip flops.
7. Cuba (tons of history)
8. Mediterrian Cruise for LOTS of days
9. Vegas baby
9. Venice, Italy (since what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, I get #9 over again)
10. India

Some of these I can't really explain, it's just the mystery behind the area that attracts me to it.

NJGIRL
04-24-2007, 04:44 PM
1) The Grand Canyon (going in Oct)

2) Mount Rushmore (going in 2008)

3) Washington DC (been there at least 6 times and every trip I decide this is my favorite city)

4) Italy (Venice and Sicily) (going in 2009 to visit family and tour the country)

5) Hawaii (hopfully going in 2010 keeping my fingers crossed)

6) Niagara Falls (been there and couldn't believe how wonderful it was. Pictures and videos can't do it justice)

7) Alaska (on a cruise and land tour)

8) Egyptian Pyramids (I would love to go but probably will never have the courage. I don't "rough" it well.)

9) Las Vegas (been there going back in Oct. You can't help but love this town)

10) This is probably cheating but.....I would love to take a year and rent an RV and travel the USA stopping in every state. This country has so much to offer and I would love to see all the "out of the way" spots along with all the tourist traps.

ldn324
04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
This is a wish list if I've ever written one! And I could just keep on listing more! Some of these places I have been fortunate enough to have visited. Others are on my list of things to see...yep, you guessed it...before I die :thumbsup:

1. Galapagos Islands - My #1 dream trip of all time! I could die happy knowing that I had seen all of the beauty there is to be seen – the animals and plant life of the Galapogos.

2. Easter Island – If ever a show comes on about Easter Island, I can be glued to the TV for hours.

3. Chichen Itza – I’VE DONE THIS ONE! Visited in 1990. What a wonderful place so full of history that you can actually feel.

4. Machu Picchu - Again, one of those topics that can keep me intrigued for hours.

5. Tibet – I can’t imagine visiting a more peaceful place.

6. Isle of Crete, Greece – One of the world’s classic beauties.

7. Stonehenge – The mystery and intrigue – gotta love that!

8. Taj Mahal – Simply amazing – I can’t imagine being able to see this in person.

9. Rocky Mountains – I’VE DONE THIS ONE TOO! Coming from the East Coast, I never realized that what we have over here are not truly mountains. I visited Denver and Loveland and the drive was simply breathtaking. The air was crisp and clean and left me feeling so refreshed.

10. New York City – DONE THIS MANY TIMES! Living so close to NYC, I’m lucky enough to take day trips into the city. There is just no other place on earth like NYC. A lot of the world’s other large cities are great – but nothing compares to the big apple.