PDA

View Full Version : sept crowds?

jane52
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Since the resorts seem to be selling out for free dining, how crowded are the parks going to be? Last year when we went there was no one in the parks. I have a feeling it isn't going to be that way this year. One of the perks of going in September was the low crowds. I'm getting really nervous that it is going to be packed!

magicman
04-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Do not let your heart be troubled. We went last Sep, and they were offering free dining. It wasn't too crowded (in comparison to the summer & holiday crowds). The longest wait time was 40 minutes (for Soarin'). Fastpasses did not run out until late afternoon. If I had to estimate an average wait time, I would approximate 20 minutes for rides like POTC, Pooh, Space Mt, etc. and 30 minutes for rides like RnR, ToT, TT, EE, etc.

The only extremely large crowd we experienced was for Spectromagic (since it was only offered 1 time during our week we were there).

All-in-all, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

r4kids
04-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I was be coming nervous too. Some of the free dining posts are saying alot of the rooms are sold out. We arrive on Disney property Sept. 25th. So I am hoping it will slow down a little by then;)

LoriMistress
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Last year people worried about the same thing as well. People were freaking out because of the chance there might be crowds. For the most part, from what I read, there were little to no crowds...of course, this all depends if it's during a holiday, or which park during which day as well.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
We always go in September. The crowds the past two years have been a little higher but, not bad at all. The restaurants are packed.

I am a little more nervous this year since more and more people are trying FD out but, I really do not think it will be too bad. There was an increase in the crowds last year compared to the first year so I am thinking the same thing will apply this year.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed for low crowds!! :mickey:

MMouse6937
04-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I agree with all the above posters. We always go in Sept and were worried the first time the dining plan was offered for free. We found that as said above the TS restaurants were packed but it didn't seem to change the flow of the rest of the park or the attractions. There was slightly more people than years past, but it pales in comparison with other times of the year. I don't worry about it anymore, the free dining is worth a few extra people!! ;)

Stickey
04-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Crowds should be moderate. There does not seem to be any more very slow times of the year any more.

It will also depend on when you go in September. It gets busier in the last week of September. It may be the least crowded just after Labor Day.

Of course, TS restaurants are much busier with the free dining offer. Resorts are not necessarily all booked. The rooms made available for the free DDP option are limited. Rooms at the AAA discount, or full price, may still be open.

DNS
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I can't help but wonder if the crowds just shift over the free dining, or if it actually increases attendance for the year.

ghost999
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
last year when i went in the last week of september, the wait for soarin was around 90 minutes but before that, everything else was good