PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast: Cape May or 1900 Park Fare

LeeAnn
04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Having a little trouble decising for which Character Breakfast for the last day (departure day).

I have 8:30AM ADR for 1900 Fare but now that we have switch to Yacht Club, I'm thinking Cape May will be more convienant.

We will at Chef Mickey on the first night (family tradition-each kid's first trip has this) w/ Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip & Dale and maybe Donald.

This is very similar to Cape May w/ only Goofy, Mickey, Chip & Dale.

Verses 1900 Park Fare has Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Eeyore.
Mary Poppins (my kid's favorite)

So should I go w/ convenience since we will going DTD after that ...
OR...
Possibly seeing Mary Poppins?

Are the food the same at both places? Which has better food? More selection? Great character interaction?

tinksmom02
04-12-2007, 11:32 PM
I can't comment on Cape May, but we really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare. It was a really good buffet with an omelette station, lots of pastries, etc. YUmmy!! The characters were great, each one visited us at least twice. I think, personally, it's a little bit different to have breakfast with the Mad Hatter and Mary Poppins (although she's just in the entranceway, she doesn't walk around the restaurant)...and if you're already dining with Goofy and Crew, it might be repetitive?

BUT 1900 is going under rehab and they're moving it to a pre-plate meal at the GF Cafe. I don't know how that will affect the meal or the atmosphere. I also don't know when you're going, so this might not be a concern. We're going to be there during rehab, but booked the dinner with Cindy, etc. anyway. DD's looking forward to it.

threeh
04-13-2007, 08:09 PM
1900 Park fair!!! We've eaten breakfast and lunch there and really liked both.

Happy planning!!:mickey:

Jeff
04-13-2007, 08:14 PM
We have eaten at 1900 Park for b'fast several times, my daughter is an Alice fan. I think the food at 1900 is a cut above most character breakfasts. It's worth a visit.