PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan

Catzle
04-12-2007, 04:47 PM
If you weren't planning to eat any major dinners would the dining plan be worth it?

MMouse6937
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
INTERCOT has a great dining calculator that has you enter your dining choices and it will tell you if it would be a good deal for you. I would paste a link but I am horrible at doing that kind of thing. I'm sure someone will come along smarter than me and tell you how to get there :D

KAT1811
04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
If you aren't planning on partaking in the character dining experiences or any table service meals I would think that the dining plan isn't for you. If you are going during the free DDP promotion you could try it for free and see if it is something you would like to purchase in the future.

We got the dining plan for the first time when they had the free DDP offer and after we tried it I won't go back without it even if I had to pay.

With that being said we do enjoy the table service restaurants and tend to use all of our table service credits and then some.

Catzle
04-12-2007, 05:11 PM
We are going to the Hoop De Doo but we already paid for that. We do have a breakfast at Ohana's and another dinner at Whispering Canyon but besides that we don't have any plans to eat anywhere specific. It's going to be more of the kids are hungry lets find someplace to sit down at eat, wherever we happen to be at that time.

hnybear22
04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
How many people in your group?
Any big eaters?

We went last Oct. (me, DH, DD-9) with no dining plan.
I am a penny pincher even on vacation- so we ate breakfast in room every morining- brought poptarts, cereal etc from home and bought milk in Pop food court (3.29 for Half Gallon:ack: ) carried a case of water and a case of sodas, ate a cs meal for lunch and usually had another cs meal or pizza in room after park close.(Domino's will deliver to check in counter for no extra fees)
I packed DD carry pouch with crackers, candy, skittles etc for grazing and we carried water from the room and got by fine without spending a bundle.
We did splurge on one ts lunch at Nine Dragons (it is vacation even to a penny pincher) and it was alot less expensive than the dinner menu.

The most important thing--have a ball:party: :congrats:

Catzle
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
There are two adults and two kids ages 5 and 8. Which is about $100 a day for the 4 of us.

faline
04-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Here's (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp) the dining plan estimator which should help you figure out whether the dining plan would be worth it for you.

MMouse6937
04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Here's (http://intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp) the dining plan estimator which should help you figure out whether the dining plan would be worth it for you.

Thanks Linda :D