PDA

View Full Version : WL (no ddp) or POR/POFQ (w/ddp)

bibbidiboo3
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Here's my dilemna - have booked WL for mid Sept before all of the ddp craziness began. In trying to add ddp to trip, found out it's not available for WL.:( We could stay at POR or POFQ (save $$) and have the ddp (save more $$). This is our first family trip with dd4 and dd6 - dh and I haven't been since we were kids. We're probably going to schedule time in the park in the am, maybe back to hotel for a break, then dinner and back to another park at night (have park hoppers).
:confused: Which would you do - WL or POR or POFQ? Is there a difference in POR and POFQ?
Thanks for your help!!

DVC2004
04-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd do POFQ with the free DDP. WL is great, I love it, but I'd take the free dining. The moderates have great themed pools and I'm sure your kids will love it. I personally haven't stayed at POR or POFQ, but it seems on these boards POFQ is preferred.

Crow
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
i love WL, but the free dining might b a good deal for you.
once each at POR & POFQ and liked FQ much more. smaller..and it still has the boat to DD that it shares w Riverside.
WL has the boat to MK and a great place to eat at AP. depends on how much of a discount you got too. which saves you more?

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 01:06 AM
Well, the dining plan will save you about $100.00 a day. Depending on how long you are going for, that can add up. The wilderness is beautiful and transportation on the boats to MK is awesome. But, the theming of the pool at POR or POFQ (which is the same) will thrill the kids, the hotel is already less, plus you save a lot on dining. Then you have more to spend on souvenirs. If money is no object go for Wilderness. This is DH's favorite.