PDA

View Full Version : Weather in Sept.?

Deesdisney
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I have been thinking of going to wdw in sept. Of course we will take advantage of the dining plan. But I would like to know if the humidity is the same in sept. as it was in June.? I am not a great person with humidity.:confused:

DVC2004
04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I've never been in June, but September is still hot and humid. Last year we visited in mid September and it was 90 every day.

MMouse6937
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
We always go in Sept and have had a variety of different experiences. On our honey moon year it rained every afternoon which brought down the temperature quite a bit which made it not seem so humid. The next year it was lovely with no rain and very low humidity. Two years ago with the horrible hurricaines it was stifling. It was in the high 90s with no rain because the atmosphere was so saturated but it wouldn't rain. It was so sticky and drippy, BUT there was free dining :D We will always go in Sept regardless of the weather, but I would be careful if you don't react well to humidity because Sept can be bad for that. Have fun no matter what you decide!! :thumbsup:

Clotho
04-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I nearly melted in 2004 when we went in mid-September. It didn't rain but maybe once the entire trip, but it was overcast nearly every day. Upper 80's and low 90's. One day the clouds parted and we had direct sun, and I wished the clouds would come back! LOL That day we were at AK, which is the hottest park of the four (you'd think not with the foliage, but has been confirmed...), and I was coming down with a light flu-like illness and was a bit feverish. ACK! LOL

Anyway, I am from Seattle, and heat and I don't mix super well (we are rarely in the 80's for more than a couple days in a row around here, and only a couple weeks out of the year), and I still had a great time. I made a point to pack clothes that moved and breathed well, and took showers in the late afternoon/evening before going out again, to freshen up!:thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Like everyone else said, Very hot and very humid. Not unbearable in our opinion. My sister went once in September and swears she will never go again during that time. It was too much for her.

Marker
04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
I've been in July and I've been in August. Bring on September!!!! Hot & Humid, no problem.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Last year we melted to the pavement! I will assume this year will be the same. Thank goodness for the beautiful pools! Also cannot wait to see how the "lovebugs" will be this year, last year was unbearable!:mad: But I guess that FREE dining makes up for that!

mouseketeer mom
04-13-2007, 08:30 AM
We've been in September for two years in a row now. Both times the humidity has been stifiling. We would be drenched just walking to the bus stop, then we would be all cold and wet inside attractions. The humidity was exhausting it was so intense. There was no looking good on that trip., and we all walked a little more slowly around the parks! But I'll take that anyday, just to be in Disneyworld!

QTPie68
04-13-2007, 07:24 PM
We learned from our last Sept trip to get up and go early in the am, rest in the room in the afternoon and take a shower, and then back out in the pm. It worked wonders for us and kept us cooler and more rested for the heat and humidity.

E-OR
04-14-2007, 01:26 PM
We went one time in late June and thought that the heat and humidity was awful. It never seemed to cool down, even at night. Being from the Pacific NW we are not used to it and don't do well with extreme heat/humidity. We had been once in late August and thought that it was not so bad. We are going in September (15-23) and hoped it would not be as bad as June. We plan to spend the hotter part of the day at a pool, eating, or resting in our room, taking advantage of EMH. I am hoping for a better trip than our June trip was.

kakn7294
04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
If you are lucky enough to go right after a hurricane (sounds funny doesn't it), the humidity might be down. This happened for us in Sept 2005 - we had great weather with low humidity and no rain for a week right after Hurricane Ophelia.

Strmchsr
04-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Average high in September ranges from 89 at the beginning to 85 by the end. Dewpoints average in the mid 70s, which is quite humid. This is peak hurricane season, so that's always a factor, but those affect you 12-18 hours tops if you're there during one.

imaprincess!
04-15-2007, 06:05 AM
We went in mid-September and it was very hot!