PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Day- week crowds

hnybear22
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi,
Has anyone been during Columbus Day week?
DD has week off school but I noticed that Reg Season rates start on the 3rd, so does that mean crazy crowds?

Wanted to go for free dining, but nothing was available as of today:( at Pop.

Oh well, any day at Disney is great- free food or not:mickey:

Belle's Mom
04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
We were there last year for that week. Well, actually, we were there the last day of value season (a Wed.) through the next Monday. Crowds were great Wed and Thurs and then picked up for the weekend. I heard some people saying it was also Canadian Thanksgiving, I think, so crowds were a bit larger. We had the park to ourselves the first part of the visit with 5 minute waits at most rides. It was great!!!!:mickey: We are going again that time of year checking in the last day of value Oct. 3-8.

bratmaster
04-12-2007, 11:37 PM
We went over columbus week in 2004, and hate to say but it was very crowded for us. We purposely took the kids out of school to go when it would be slower, but it was not slow at all. MK was the worst; 30 minute waits for most rides, with slapsh at one point being a 90 min. wait. I would not purposely plan that time of year again, but i guess it is better than summer. This time we are taking our chances for june so we don't have to pull the kids from school. It was not worth it to do last time. Weather was nice, though at that time. One day it rained all day for us, but otherwise little rain and nice temps. Just don't be shocked if there are crowds!