PDA

View Full Version : How to work Whispering Canyon dinner in???

Disneyatic
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
We really want to eat at Whispering Canyon but it just isn't fitting into our park plan.
The night we have open is on an EPCOT day.

How easy would it be to travel to WCC from EPCOT?
The only resort restaurant we have ever eaten at is Chef Mickey's and are nervous about navigating!

DVC2004
04-12-2007, 03:30 PM
It's very easy. You can just catch the bus to the WL outside of Epcot. Just be sure to allow for an hour, hour and a half between the time you leave and the ADR time. If you get there early you can check out the resort!:thumbsup:

pox24
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I would drive. The buses take forever. We used the buses once and that was it. Maybe we don't have the patience. It will take you all of 10 minutes to get there from Epcot.

Goes4FastPass
04-12-2007, 04:45 PM
I think it's important to consider how far it is from, say, World Showcase to the bus stops at Epcot. There are many TS choices at Epcot.

We found Whispering Canyon to sound better "on paper" than in reality.

Disneyatic
04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
This will be our 2nd full day at EPCOT, so we aren't opposed to leaving for dinner.
We have also never tried resort restaurants other than CR and want to do more of that on this trip! Also, I want to lure DH there with the pretense of dinner hoping that he'll fall in love the the resort and we can stay there next:blush:

stitch34
04-12-2007, 06:42 PM
We've done this several times in the past. It's easy just like another poster said just get on the WL bus from Epcot. It's definitely worth it. We love Whispering Canyon and love getting the chance to look at the resort...it always makes us want to stay there:thumbsup:

ildisneyfreak
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
We loved this restaurant and ate their twice when we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last year. Is there any way you could fit this in while at the Magic Kingdom for the day? You could then just take the boat over from MK to the lodge and boat back to MK after dinner. The boat ride is relaxing and takes about 10 minutes.

Also, I highly recommend staying at the WL. We loved this hotel!

vamaggie
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
You could also take the monorail from Epcot to MK and then the boat from MK to WL. We have never tried this (DH likes to have freedom of a car for just such instances) so I don't know if it would be faster than the buses. If you have access to a car, definately drive. We love the WCC but last time we went was in 04.