PDA

View Full Version : no mickey soap at the poly?

ToraTory
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Is it true that the Poly does not have the traditional mickey soap/shampoo/lotion but that they offer something called H2O Plus ? Is this a good thing?

Also is it an easy walk to the ticket and transporation center?

thanks - tory

SBETigg
04-12-2007, 03:11 PM
When we stayed in 05, we had the traditional Mickey soap/shampoo/lotion. If they have changed, I haven't heard about it.

Yes, it is an easy walk to the TTC. Well-marked paths, and not far at all from any building, but closer from some(obviously) Tahiti and Rapa Nui are closest, I think.

CanadianWDWFan
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
We were down there last August and they had the usual Mickey soap/shampoo/lotion as well.

We stayed on the other side of the resort from the TTC and it took us no time to walk there. The paths are very well marked.

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
The traditional red top mickey shampoos I think are being phased out.

They are being replaced with H2O products like on the Cruise Line. From what I hear, they still have Mickey on the bottles. These products are very nice, and we have bought some since having them on the cruise.

BrerGnat
04-12-2007, 04:32 PM
H2O Plus products are now being featured in all the WDW resort hotels. They may have a few bottles of the old stuff here and there until it runs out, but in Feb, we had the new H2O Plus stuff in our room at the Wilderness Lodge.

The new stuff is really good! The bottles have mickey head bubbles on them. They are still "Disney", if you ask me. You can't buy those bottles anywhere, so they are still unique.

bouncer
04-12-2007, 08:52 PM
We were at Poly in March and they definently have the H2O products instead. I really liked them. Have some left overs in our bathroom right now: lotion, after-sun relief gel, tooth paste, mouth wash, shampoo & conditioner. Nice stuff. If you want to see a picture of what they look like google Tikiman2001.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-12-2007, 09:39 PM
We were at Poly in March and they definently have the H2O products instead. I really liked them. Have some left overs in our bathroom right now: lotion, after-sun relief gel, tooth paste, mouth wash, shampoo & conditioner. Nice stuff. If you want to see a picture of what they look like google Tikiman2001.:thumbsup:

Wow, that sounds fantastic! And I was allergic to the old Mickey soap products, so I can't wait to try the new stuff.

bobbyton64
04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
yup... sorry dude but the traditional Mickey soaps are gone. I was at the Beach Club Villas in January and was surprised to see the new H2O products in the villas. They are great products but just not quite the same as the old "mickey" soaps.

pogo
04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
I'm glad I brought home a bunch of the old packing from last years trip.:D

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 12:39 AM
I am so bummed!!:( One of my "little" reasons for staying on site is the Mickey soap. I will miss it. One more thing for Disney to go generic on and take a little magic away!:mad:

May524
04-13-2007, 01:17 AM
I LOVE the new H20 stuff!!! On our honeymoon they refilled it all...everyday! We still have a big assortment of this stuff...I think I'll go put some of the shampoo and conditioner out, pretty good stuff! :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
04-13-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm glad I brought home a bunch of the old packing from last years trip.:D
We did the same, I guess that we will have to be more careful using our dwindling supplies!

So is this just being done at the Deluxe resorts first then the other resorts? I hope so, I'll want to stock up then.:D

Thanks for the info guys.

tikiman
04-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I am so bummed!!:( One of my "little" reasons for staying on site is the Mickey soap. I will miss it. One more thing for Disney to go generic on and take a little magic away!:mad:

I don’t see how that is going generic or why people would complain. The new soaps are much more high end and not cheaper at all. Also they are in custom bottles with Mickey ears and some of the bar soaps have Mickey’s imprinted on them.

I know it is different but Disney tries to offer something better and people still get upset.

BrerGnat
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I agree with tikiman!

In NO way are those products "generic". If anything, I felt that the old products were generic and they were SO HORRIBLE to my hair and skin that I never used them.

It is rare that I will use a hotel provided soap/shampoo and like it. I like the new H20 products...enough that I would buy them in the store for every day use, in fact! (but I buy my stuff at costco, and so far, they don't carry that line).

tink55
04-14-2007, 08:11 PM
I also have to agree with Tikiman! I used to collect the Mickey soaps and shampoos, but rarely used them at home because they didn't agree with my skin... but the H2O products are really superior products, and I've been using them and enjoying them very much at home. Different look but they're still "magical".

DisneyDudet
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Does anyone know if the items they sell in the shops have the Disney design, or are they regular?

I have bought some online since being on the cruise, and love it so much! Too bad we're going to be at the Swan. I would still like some of the bottles tho...

lindique
04-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I just looked at the soap I got on my last trip. They absolutely have the Mickey head imprint on them. They are wrapped in cellophane with a Mickey head sticker instead of being in a box. The shampoo bottles are blue with a mickey head. I actually like the scent of the new soap - the old ones smelled too medicinal to me. I agree - it's an improvement!

Maleficent's Dad
04-15-2007, 09:55 AM
The H2O questions have been answered.

Also is it an easy walk to the ticket and transporation center?
In fact, I would highly recommend walking to the TTC for any monorail needs to EPCOT or MK. The "direct" monorail from the TTC is much faster than the "local" from the GCH.
Of course, if you want to travel more leisurely or see the GF or CR, take the local.
For more direct and quicker travel, head to the TTC. (It will save you significant time when travelling to EPCOT especially!)

Mickey91
04-15-2007, 04:45 PM
I don’t see how that is going generic or why people would complain. The new soaps are much more high end and not cheaper at all. Also they are in custom bottles with Mickey ears and some of the bar soaps have Mickey’s imprinted on them.

I know it is different but Disney tries to offer something better and people still get upset.

Not having seen them, I was reacting to what I read in this thread. I also had just read they are changing the Refillable mugs and they won't have the resorts on them anymore. I am sure you have things at Disney that are special and if they were changed, even for what some one else thought was better, you would be upset or at least a little disappointed. I will reserve judgement of the soaps for when I get there. It's not going to ruin my trip, just will be a little disappointed if it's plain soap with no Mickey.

jimnheather
04-15-2007, 05:36 PM
We were at the Poly in January and on our 2nd morning the new style tioletries appeared. We were surprised to see them! Yes, absolutely a pleasant walk to the TTC. That is a large part of why we love the Poly. Have fun!:mickey: