PDA

View Full Version : Our April Trip

MickeyDreamer
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Hi intercot friends. Well we got in last night about 10:30 pm. We checked in at the POP no lines no waiting. Just as we got to our room last night the sky opened up with a big old rain and lightening storm. This morning we got out early about 7:15 and head over to Olivia's for breakfast. Very nice place to eat breakfast quiet and no crowds at all this time of morning.
We both had the sweet potatoe and ham hash with poached eggs we both enjoyed this and thought it was very good. After breakfast we beat it on over to the MK being early entry we wanted to check out the new Pirates before it got busy. We walked right on this, JC, and Tiki room with no wait at all this morning. Then we took a quick break for a dole whip before heading over to Tomorrow Land. Here we grabed a fast pass for buzz and then did TTA and COP both with no wait. After COP our time was up for the fast pass so we did Buzz. From here we headed over to Mickey Philharmagic and again hit it just right to walk right in. Then on to iasmw, and HM, after this we did some browsing at the christmas shoppe and then headed over to Casey's for a dog and fries. We carried this over to the terrace and sat and caught the tale end of the stage show while we chowed on the dogs and fries. After this we strolled our way out it was about 1:00 pm and getting very busy wait times where pushing 30 to 40 minutes on most things. Now we are back in the room for some down time. I can not get myself too tired now so we will go back out to EPCOT after the sun goes down for a few things and bite to eat someplace. Will fill you in on this later!

jilwil
04-12-2007, 04:36 PM
for the live trip report!:) Can't wait to read more!

Bethis26fan
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
sounds good so far. Thanks for sharing.

hoop de do
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
For some reason I'm tired and hungry. Hurry and get over to EPCOT so we can eat again. Sounds like a great start to your vaca. :thumbsup:

Christine
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Ooooo goodie! I love LIVE reports! Thanks for taking the time to do this...it's like being there right along with you!

magicman
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
This is going to be fun. You're only one Dole Whip in, and we're hearing about it.

You've only been at the World for 1/2 day and you've been on several of "the greats". We always try to ride POTC then Mickey's PhilHarmagic first thing, and I am always dazzled from the "get go". You've got a great start.

:walk: :walk: :walk: :walk: ON TO EPCOT! We're with you.

pogo
04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Wow..... good start, minus the rain.:thumbsup:

I can't wait to read more. Tell me how nice it is there. I'll be there next week at this time. :D

ChipnDaleGal
04-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Sounds like a terrific first day. Thanks for sharing it live with us!! :mickey:

merlinmagic4
04-14-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey!! We're here too :) Aren't you glad we left behind that nasty New England weather? Have a great trip!!

BriarRose0708
04-14-2007, 10:00 AM
thanks for bringing the magic to us live! Looking forward to reading more.:mickey:

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
04-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Ooooo goodie! I love LIVE reports! Thanks for taking the time to do this...it's like being there right along with you!

I was just going to post the same thing!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
04-14-2007, 02:58 PM
I was just going to post the same thing!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Me too, how weird! Like word for word!

MickeyDreamer
04-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Well once we got up from our nap about 6:00pm we head over to EPCOT since it was open until midnight. We had originally tried to get reservation for dinner before our naps at the restaurant in Mexico but it was sold out. We where not surprised by this, a busy time and an extra magic hour and all. The first thing we did once we got here was to head rite over to the living sea's with Nemo. The new ride here is very cute if you like the Nemo movie and we where able to walk rite on with no waits this time of night. Then we headed on over too Living with the land and took the boat ride which is all automated now. We thought it was much better being automated then with a live person. After this we decided to get something to eat at the season's food court rite in the land. We both had an asian 2 item entry. Our choices where spicy thai chicken and mongolian beef with white rice and noodles. We both thought this was above average for asian for at WDW with the exception of maybe a little too much salt since we are not salt eaters it is more noticeable to us when there is plenty. From here we headed into the soarin ride. The sign said 30 minutes wait took about 15 minutes. Fun ride but since its in the air it makes Casey a little nervous. From here we head on over to Test track but that had a 60 minute wait so we skipped it and went to space ship earth which was walk on. By now it was about 10:30 so we decided to call it a night and head back to the hotel since we had a 7:30 breakfast reservation at Boma.
So we started today out at 6:30am and made it to our breakfast reservation at Boma just at 7:30 we where actually the first ones seated with this being a breakfast buffet the food was all very fresh and good since we where first of the day. From breakfast we headed rite into animal kingdom park. We spent the from about 8:30 am until 5:00 pm here it was very cool this morning when we got here but by late afternoon it was 89 degrees again. We spent the day doing all off the usual animal watching plus the following shows. The live Nemo show was just amazing this new show in our opinion is a winner. We could have watched it again. We also did the lion king, flights of wonder, tough to be a bug, Kilimanjaro saffari's, we also caught the afternoon parade on of our favorites. We had lunch at Flame tree Casey did the smoked chicken with beans and corn, I did the chicken salad we both split a key lime pie.

MickeyDreamer
04-14-2007, 03:42 PM
We where up and at it again this morning at 6:30 am for breakfast at the Kona cafe. I had eggs benny which was ok and Casey had a ham and cheese omelets that he liked. Then it was off too MGM studios. The first thing we did was voyage of the mermaid, then the great movie ride, from here we caught the muppets 3d and then the light motor action stunt show. After this it was lunch time and we got lunch at the ABC commissary. I had the curry chicken and rice which I thought was very good and Casey had a plain old WDW cheese burger. From here we went to watch the Indiana Jones stunt show. We are now back at the room and I think this will be about it for the day time to rest and relax by the pool a little.

Dsnygirl
04-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Aren't you glad we left behind that nasty New England weather? Have a great trip!!

You picked a great time to go - Perfect weather to miss going on up here!! Wish I was down there, too!!

Thanks so much for sharing your live reports with us - seems like we're all right there with you. (Wish I could taste that Dole Whip, though... :D ) Your day @ AK sounded great... my favorite park!! Glad to hear the new show is so good - can't wait to see it.

Glad to hear you're relaxing by the pool - you deserve it!! Can't wait to hear more...

faline
04-14-2007, 05:14 PM
Sounds like you're having a wonderful trip so far! Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to check in with us!

dtootsie42
04-14-2007, 07:16 PM
What a terrific report. Thanks so very much for sharing!

marlyn
04-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Wooohoooo Live reports are so awesome!! Thanks for sharing with us!

The crowds sound decent which pleases me as this time next week I will be there myself!:mickey:

MickeyDreamer
04-14-2007, 08:46 PM
The crowds have not been bad at all. I thought MGM was rather quiet today myself. I have seen much bigger crowds when visiting the first week of December. None of the shows where really packed. The cast members where not even giving the order to move to the end of the row today. We ate at the POP food court this evening. I had mom's fried chicken. This is the first time I have had this and I must say the chicken and mashed potatoes where excellent. The weather is still very warm and muggy this evening, but I am not missing what they say is headed into my home state. I am gald to be here and miss two late winter storms in the northeast. A couple of things I forgot to mention earlier where that we saw mulch sweat and sheers, and the new high school pep rally show while at MGM. They do offer a lot of street shows here you never know what you will run into when you turn a corner in this park. At breakfast this morning we got talking with our server her name was Jackie very nice lady. She told us that this summer will be her 30th year at WDW work in the Kona cafe I found this totally amazing I would not expect this in this type of service industry. On another note we got a towel dog in our window today this was a nice surprise when we got back this afternoon.

MickeyDreamer
04-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon everyone. We started our day off late we changed our 6:30 am breakfast adr at Concourse Steakhouse to 9:00 am this gave us some extra time to sleep in. We both had eggs benedict which we both enjoyed along with a sticky Mickey starter. After breakfast we went to EPCOT to check out the world show case. The first thing we did though was Ellen’s energy adventure. Once finished with this we headed for test track but it had closed because there had been a downpour while we had been in Ellen’s. There was deep standing water every where. So we headed into world show case since it had just opened first stop Mexico. We walked onto the boat ride with no wait. I do not think that I am impressed with the changes to this ride. I am still thinking it over in my mind but I think that they over did the three cabalero's . From here we continued on around the world show case browsing and shopping. We got to the American Adventure just in time for the 12:45 show. When we went into the theater it was in the low 80’s and muggy when we came out it had gone down into the low 70’s with a chilly wind I was looking for a jacket brrrrr but anything is better than the weather at home. We continued our jaunt around the show case stopping in France for the movie and a treat. We got to Canada in time to catch off Kilter. Well that’s basically it for now we have dinner at Artist point tonight always a treat.

faline
04-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm getting hungry just reading your reports!

What changeable weather you're having! In Massachusetts the storm is mostly rain though you might be getting snow in Maine!

pdrlkr
04-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MickeyDreamer
04-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Well we left off yesterday before dinner at the Artist point. We got there and where seated quickly no wait. I had the mushroom soup for an appetizer which I thought was very good, but very rich. I could not finish it all. For dinner I had the free range roasted chicken breast which was very good. Casey had the muscles for a starter he said they where ok. Then pan seared scallops which he said where very good. For desert he had the crème Brule which he said was just ok. Over all I think we where a bit disappointed this time with our dinners here not what we are usually accustomed to here.

We started out today with breakfast at the yacht club galley. I had the eggs benedict that had a very salty Italian ham on it which I found to be too much salty. Casey had a ham and eggs dish with house potatoes which he said was ok. From here we went to Downtown Disney for shopping. We spent several hours here. This afternoon we rested and relaxed back at the resort it is nice not to be on some crazy schedule and able to take time out as we like.

For dinner this evening we went back the yachtmens steakhouse. This is always a wonderful meal we have never been disappointed here. I had the caesar salad as a starter then a filet for dinner. Casey had the lobster bisque for starters then the rib eye steak for his dinner. We shared the desert sampler at the end of the meal this is always a treat with all the different deserts on it.

Tomorrow we are heading to Sea World. We just love marine life so we thought this would be a good diversion. Hope no one gets mad at us for defecting for the day! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm starving now:blush:
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: It sounds like you are having a great time:mickey:

MickeyDreamer
04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Good evening everyone it has been a long day. We got to Sea World at 10:00 am this morning and stayed all day until closing this evening at 7:00 pm. We took in the following shows while there pets ahoy, the new Shamu show, and the Clyde and Seamore show, also the new dolphin and whale show. We also checked out all the other displays. I have to say we where very disappointed in all the shows but the pets ahoy show. They have all change and we thought for the worst. The Clyde and Seamore show was ok but the other two we thought where just a lot of fluff now. We had a really great lunch at the sharks underwater grill. We both ended up eating the same thing we started with Caesar salad that had a hint of citrus in the dressing Casey really liked this I just thought it was ok. For lunch we both had the barbecue shrimp and chicken with vegetables this was very good enjoyed by both of us. We got out of this park and made it back to Disney MGM studios for the 8:30 fantasmic show it was wonderful as always. I like the show but this is Casey’s favorite we think that it is one of the better ones in all of WDW. Since we had such a nice late lunch we just had hot dogs at our food court this evening when we got back nothing too exciting. The weather was just wonderful here today mid 70’s and a lite breeze only a couple more days for us and we have to go home to the cold northeast. YUCK!!!

merlinmagic4
04-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Just checking in to see what YOU were doing! We are here too and had a pool day yesterday. The weather was beautiful! Today we are off to AK....hoping to be the first ones there ;) Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magicman
04-18-2007, 07:04 PM
You really are putting in some long days.

I'm glad the weather turned your way.

We're with you.:thumbsup:

imaprincess!
04-19-2007, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the live reports - wish I was there, too! :mickey:

MickeyDreamer
04-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Good evening Intercot friends. We had an awesome day today let me tell you why. We started off late today never got out of our room until 11:00 am. We had some great news today I called my doctors office because they made me promise to call and check in with them this week. The news from them was just great my insurance has approved the use of the experimental drug that they have been trying to get for me for the treatment of the tumor. This just set us up for a great day. So we headed off to EPCOT to catch an early lunch at the Biergarten. On our way thru we stopped to get a fast pass at test track it had a return time of 1:50 to 2:50 so this worked out well. After our lunch we continued our stroll around world show case doing some browsing at the shops. We also checked out a lot of the displays along the way for the flower festival. Upon our return to future world we went thru the butterfly display this is always a neat place to stop and learn about these little creatures. We did our fast pass for test track had a great ride and even bought the picture today. We decided to head back to the room after this for a quick nap since we where both still tired from our long day yesterday. We returned to EPCOT at 6:00 pm for our 6:45 dinner reservation at the Mexican restaurant. I had the combination Cozumel which is a steak and shrimp combo with Mexican spices and mashed potatoes with steamed veggies. Casey had the steak tips with rice and black beans he said it was very spicy a bit too much for him. I enjoyed mine very much it was spiced just rite. After dinner we head to downtown Disney but found it was way to crowded for our taste shoulder to shoulder the biggest crowds we have seen since we have been here. So we decided to head back to the room and just call it a night. Tomorrow is our last day so as always we will spend it at the Magic Kingdom this is our usual ritual.

MickeyDreamer
04-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Hello Intercot friends this will be the last report for this trip. Today like I said was our ritual Magic Kingdom day but first we had to make a trip into tatoonie traders to switch out a shirt that was the wrongs size. We made it to the Magic Kingdom about 11:00 am we tried to get lunch at the plaza since we have never tried it but they where booked all ready. So we trotted on over to Cosmic Ray’s for a couple of burgers. We got a nice seat on the outside patio facing the castle and watched the remainder of the castle show while we ate. We where very surprised at the end when the fire works went off the noise from this spot is very loud. After lunch we had a fast pass for buzz so we went and did this and continued on our journey around the park doing our favorites we even took time out for another dole whip. This evening we walked out to the Contemporary for dinner at the Concourse steak house. We have always had a very good meal here no matter when we go except for this dinner we where truly disappointed. The service was terrible until it got time to pay the bill then the server got very friendly and talkative well I hope he analyzed his tip when he got it to figure out why it was only 10% of the bill. We are usually very good tippers 20% or more but this guy just did not deserve it. He took our order very slowly then he just kind of dropped our appetizers on the table and went on his way. When our steaks came out he never came over to see how they where. I can tell you neither one was too our liking both very under cooked from what we ordered. He did not keep our beverage glasses full and we had to ask for dinner rolls. Oh well you can not always get a good waiter every time I guess. Once we completed our meal we went back to Magic Kingdom for the remainder of the evening until wishes was over. We have to be on the road headed for the airport by 7:30 am so it will be a short night. I hope everyone enjoyed these reports and we did not bore you too much until next time!!! Kelly we hope you continue to have a great trip!

imaprincess!
04-20-2007, 03:32 AM
It always stinks when you're disappointed with a dining experience!