PDA

View Full Version : Horribly stupid question...

mttafire
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
When staying on site and using disney transportaion" Which we never have..We use our car." Does Disney trans. take you DIRECTLY to the M.K. OR do you still need to use the Monorail or boat? Sorry for the dumb question but we actually have never used disney trans.:secret:

LittleD
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
The bus will take you to MK. You might have to stop at other resorts prior to arriving at the MK.

mttafire
04-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Ironically, That imho is a good reason NOT to use Disney trans...We LOVE the Monorail!!:mickey:

SBETigg
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
No one's stopping you from using the monorail. You can ride around just for fun, or take it to Epcot from the MK area or the reverse. But yes, your resort buses will take you directly to the parks. Of course, you could always stay at a monorail resort, which is what we usually do. Plenty of monorail and boat launch for us. Buses, not so much.

mttafire
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM
No one's stopping you from using the monorail. You can ride around just for fun, or take it to Epcot from the MK area or the reverse. But yes, your resort buses will take you directly to the parks. Of course, you could always stay at a monorail resort, which is what we usually do. Plenty of monorail and boat launch for us. Buses, not so much.

We stayed at the C.R. once and LOVED it. If we could we'd stay there everytime. We usually stay at a Mod though. The Monorail resorts are GREAT though.

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
We love the monorail as well, but early in the morning, it is great to be dropped off at the main entrance, instead of waiting for a boat or monorail to take us to the entrance. We usually ride the monorail a few times a trip, even though we don't stay at a monorail resort.

MarkC
04-12-2007, 04:59 PM
We always stay on site and always rent a car. That being said, the MK is the one park we seldom drive to because the bus drops you off right at the entrance, vs. the parking lot, then tram, then monorail. We figure it saves us 10-15 minutes unless you get stuck waiting for the bus for a long time.

disney323
04-12-2007, 09:10 PM
When going to MK use the disney transportation - The bus, the small boats from some resorts or monorail will drop you off just outside the gate. If you drive you have to go through all the traffic at the entrance, follow the line to a parking lot and park. walk to the tram that takes you to the monorail or big boat and then after that trip you end up at the same area as if you took a bus.

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 12:57 AM
I think part of the joy of staying on site is not having to look at your car if you don't want to. They take you right to the entrance, though there is a walk involved.

CleveRocks
04-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Don't be scared off by the comment about having to stop at other resorts first. Some do, some don't, so if that bothers you you just stay at a resort that doesn't share buses -- that's simple, isn't it???

You're fine with all of the Moderate resorts. CBR doesn't share buses. CSR doesn't share buses. POFQ and POR SOMETIMES share buses, but I actually think that's a misnomer, as they are sister resorts. Combined, POFQ/POR have 5 bus stops. CSR itself has 4, and CBR itself has 7, so I think the POR/POFQ sharing thing is overblown. IN my week at POFQ, I went through parts of POR only twice ... twice out of 7 days.

I think all the Moderates have excellent transportation.

disneynarula
04-14-2007, 02:28 PM
I have stayed at POR several times. The only time the bus stopped at POFQ was in the middle of the afternoon when the bus crowds were very small.

At park opening and closing POR and POFQ had seperate busses.

P.S. I don't think your question was stupid at all.

Kairi_7378
04-14-2007, 09:47 PM
I grew up in a large city and relied on public transportation for almost 25 years. I think that the Disney Bus System is very well run, for public transportation.

If you are going from your resort, the bus will go directly to the MK. If you're going from another park, you have to go to the Transit Center and transfer to the monorail to go to the MK.

Just to add to the POR bus stop conversation... in March we stopped at FQ twice, which cost maybe 10 minutes of time. Who could complain about that?