PDA

View Full Version : the sad irony-pixie dust needed

angedeaile
04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
I decided back in January to take another Disney trip come December. I figured, I would need a second job to save up for the trip.

Well I had my first training session yesterday and was informed that December is a black out date and it is HARD to get it off. You have to ask a supervisor if it is okay. Not only that, but the woman incharge of the schedule is horrible.

They talked so highly of every employee there. The only person they said negative comments about was that person...the person incharge of my fate.

SO go figure that I get the job so I can go to DW only for the job to be the reason I can't.

With all that, I have been so stressed that I have broken out in hives for the past two weeks...because I wasn't sure if I had the job. Once I got the job they started to go away.

Well, after my shift last night I couldn't go to sleep it was so bad! Go figure that possible DW withdrawls could cause hives. No mickey shaped ones though :(

I am still trying to keep up hope. I am going to try and ask in two weeks for it. Pretty much plead and beg. I want to have confirmation before MVMCP tickets are out!

AHHH...sorry. I just had to vent. Everyone thinks I am nuts for letting this get to me, so I figured my fellow Intercotees would understand!

How do you guys manage the stress of planning for DW or with the fear of DW withdrawls?

disneymom15
04-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Couldn't you go to her and tell her that you had this trip planned before you got this job. Maybe they'd let you off without pay. I'd give it a try.

DizNee143
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
hopefully everything will work out..
also if you got this 2nd job just so you can afford to save up for disney why dont you just quit before you go to Disney? unless your looking to keep the 2nd job?...i hope it all works out for you...and im sure it will one way or another!! :mickey:

MMouse6937
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I totally understand. I actually had a WDW trip scheduled for about three weeks after I started a new job and I made sure they knew I would be gone or I wouldn't work there. I would be heartbroken if I had to cancel my upcoming trip because of my work, you have my sympathy. Hopefully it will all work out and you can get some time off. Good luck!

January-2007
04-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Here's lots of :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: hoping everything works out for you in the end. I feel your pain!

DisneyDudet
04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
I totally understand. I actually had a WDW trip scheduled for about three weeks after I started a new job and I made sure they knew I would be gone or I wouldn't work there. I would be heartbroken if I had to cancel my upcoming trip because of my work, you have my sympathy. Hopefully it will all work out and you can get some time off. Good luck!

I did that with my current job. I would be there about 2 weeks and I'd be gone for a whole week for my Disney Cruise. I told them about it before accepting and they told me it would not be a problem.

I would go to them as soon as you can to tell them. I'm with DizNee143, if you don't intend on keeping that job after your trip, I would quit and find another job, if you really need it.

Good luck, and being honest with them will help. If they aren't willing to work with you, then they aren't really looking out for their employees, which, to me, isn't a place I want to work.