PDA

View Full Version : All Stars Music

TBY2225
04-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Can anyone tell me about this value resort? I am so upset right now because it and Sports were the only value resorts left during the free dining promotion in September. Thanks!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-12-2007, 01:26 PM
I have stayed at all the values. I also tried to get Pop in September for the free dining plan offer on Monday. It sold out so quickly. We could have moved our vacation up a week to stay at Pop but did not want to chance the closing of the haunted mansion for rehab. I chose to move up to a moderate resort instead of choosing another value. ASM is ok but is different than POP. ASM is an older resort and also shares the bus line with all star sports and movies. You will probably stop at all the All star hotels. Expect overcrowded buses at times. At least that is how it worked with us 2 years ago. Don't fret about your choice. Just plan accordingly.

disneymom15
04-12-2007, 01:47 PM
We've also stayed at all the value resorts. Although POP is our favorite, we would stay at Music if it meant getting a special deal. My understanding is that the rooms at the Music have recently been remodeled which should make them nicer.

Marker
04-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Wow, you are "so upset" about the exact resort I booked this morning on purpose. I don't think I could be "so upset" about any WDW reservation, no matter where it was.

We have stayed at All*Star Movies ---- we loved it. We have stayed at POP ---- we loved it. They were both similar, but different in their own way. I selected All*Star Music as my first choice this time so I could experience a resort I hadn't tried yet.

When we stayed at All*Star Movies, I believe it was the 3rd of the All*Star stops. Yeah, sometimes the busses were crowded, but they're usually crowded where ever you stay. A full bus is a full bus, I've been on full busses to POFQ, CBR, POR, ASMo & POP. To me it's not really an issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, you'll have a great time, as long as you allow yourself to.

CarolinaWDWFan
04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Do not fret over ASMu. This is our favorite Allstar resort. It is the middle stop for the busses, which is ok. The pools are great and the resort is in good condition. Trust me, you will enjoy your stay.:mickey:

darthmacho
04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned, you got the best of the values. Theme wise, it is bright and colorful, but not nearly as cheesy as Movies, Sports, or Pop. It's got a great pool, a decent food court, and a typically nice gift shop. You'll be at WDW, so enjoy, enjoy. :mickey:

TBY2225
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words! I am just upset because I had Pop booked for 6 months now before this was announced. By the time my travel agent could get through Pop was gone for that promotion. I have been looking forward to Pop because we stayed there last year during the same time. I am sure it will grow on me!

pixiegoose
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm glad people seem to like this resort as this is where my husband and I got "stuck" for our Sept. trip with the free dining. We wanted Pop or Movies but we told MJ any value would be fine as long as we got free dining. Are there any tips or secrets for ASMusic?

dizne4me
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
I have to admit, I was a little apprehensive about staying at ASMu last fall with my DD. We were used to staying in moderates or FTW cabins and we didn't know a whole lot about the values. Well, I happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised. I thought we'd have to wait forever for a bus - but I was so wrong-it seemed to me that the buses were always right there when we needed them.

crazypoohbear
04-12-2007, 04:53 PM
We were all put in the Music also.
I hope it's not going to be too crowded there. Seems like we are all being sent to Music this year.
Last year we stayed at POP and liked it except for the busses. Waiting,waiting,waiting....
:(
I'm just praying now that we get rooms near the busses and on the first floor!:pixie:

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 01:37 AM
We haven't stayed at the All Stars for a long trip in a while but I do suggest driving. The busses are often filled up because all three resorts share the same bus route. Unless they have changed, they pick up Sports first, Music second, and then Movies. If you don't mind the wait and standing up on the bus then go for it, but I would be driving. As for the rest of the experience, it is still a very well themed resort with Disney character statues at the main pool and around the resort.

btuskan
04-14-2007, 07:13 AM
ASMU is a great resort for a value. I've stayed there twice in less than a year. They are in the middle of renovating rooms... not sure how much of the resort has been completed, but stayed in remodeled room both times. As far as food courts go, it has a pretty good one. Check-in staff has been friendly and helpful. Mousekeeping leaves behind those towel critters once in a while. And the busing depends on the time of day. I've been on a bus that is for ASMu only and buses that were shared between the three all star resorts. We like Music because it's in the middle and if you're reasonably close you can walk to the ASSp bus stop and get on first!

disneynarula
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
We just moved our ressie from All Star Sports to Music (thank you Terriesue at MJ) because I was told that the rooms are are newly remolded and very nice.

As far as the busses. If the resorts are really crowded each resort will get their own bus. This is usually the case at park opening and closing. WDW is very good about getting people to and from the parks.

I mostly stay at moderates but have stayed at the values once. The bus was not any more crowded at ASMu as it was at POR or CBR. If you think about it some of the moderates are just as big as two values put together. OUr bus situation was worse at CBR than at the All Stars.

We are driving to the parks just because we do not want to dance the stroller tango on the bus. If we did not have to bring a stroller with us I would take the bus.

primax
04-20-2007, 09:05 AM
I ran into the same problem as many of you. I did not get the resort I wanted and received Movies. I knew more rooms would open so today I check online and sure enough pop was available so I called and moved over to Pop. I been to movies twice and love that resort, but I wanted to see pop and experience the subtle differences.

smickey
04-20-2007, 07:51 PM
We stayed at the ASM once and it was great. The food court was very good, try the deserts like the Carrot Cake its fantastic!
The bus service was fine and the pools are super!

Gotta Love Eeyore
04-20-2007, 08:00 PM
My family has stayed at the ASMu in September before (and twice in September at the ASMo). I don't have anything negative to say about any of them! My kids (now ages 6&8) loved all of them. Some people think the buses are too crowded, but we never really had a problem except for the one night we left at park closing time with about 4 million other folks that were staying at the All Star resorts! :silly:

Honestly, I would stay at either of them again - no problem!

disneyfan328
04-21-2007, 11:13 PM
My DH and I and our DD 7 at the time stayed at ASMu for our very first (and only) trip to Disney. My whole family loved it. I don't think that anyone answered your question about where to stay room wise..... the Calypso and Jazz buildings are close, but I think I read somewhere that you have to pay an extra fee ( like 10-15$ a night) to stay in these " preferred " rooms. I don't know if that is still the case of not, maybe someone else can shed some light? We were pretty far away in one of the Broadway buildings. It was far from the food court ect, but the walk in the am wasn't bad. It was kind of refreshing. I will admit at the end of a long day, it was kind of draining though. We were back by the second Piano pool if that is still the layout, so it was nice having a pool there and not having to walk all the way to the front. I do remember a little refrigerated truck that came back by our buildings in the am. Again not sure if they still do this or not, but it was definetly a life saver. I don't funtion well in the a.m. without food so having this little truck come with cereal, milk, juice, yougurt, donuts, danishs bagels ect. gave us enough energy to get going and to the parks. It was realtively inexpensive and convienent. The food court was awesome. My husband still talks about the BBQ chicken he got there and how much food it was for the money. We are staying at POR this time in Sept as we have a family of 5 now and can't stay at ASMu:( , or we would have. You will love it I am sure, but try to get to a building in the front if you can.:D