PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Lunch

MOJoe
04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm wondering what everyone does for their last day. If you have a 3:00 DME departure time, and you're going to a park, which restaurant do you choose for your last meal? What are your farewell favorites?

crazeedizneefinatic
04-12-2007, 12:17 PM
We usually leave around the same time. We always sleep a little extra and have a donut or something in the room, just to tide us over. We leave on the latest ME and head for the airport. I know this sounds crazy, ridiculous but we always look forward to Nathan's hotdogs at the airport. I know it's not the most glamourous thing to do but it's very hard for us to get them back home, so it is a treat. We than spend the time shopping for last minute items at the Disney store. :D

**Okay did not read that right, SORRY! I thought it said not visiting a park!**

Kairi_7378
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
We decided to have a last meal and a last snack, based on our ME time. Our last lunch was at Flame Tree BBQ at 11AM. We liked that there was so much seating and a place to watch happy kids wander by. (We had gone to the park early to try to hit EE one last time.) We park hopped to MK to get a final Dole Whip!

Belle_0717
04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
DH and I usually visit the MK and stop by Tony's for an 11:30 lunch. Then DH heads to the Bakery for a chocolate chip cookie - or a half dozen - for the plane and a souvenier snack upon our return.

Our May trip, the DME will be earlier so we are trying O'hana for breakfast. Tony's will be a late lunch the day before.

Lehman Family
04-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Because we drive we always have our last meal at Olivia's and then use up any snack credits (because we always use the DDP) we have in Conch Flats for snacks for the way home. We might hit a park for an hour or so, but just to relax and take a final look around. As sad as our last day of our stay usually is, it's always the most relaxing after we get everything packed in the minivan.

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
We're still forming our tradition for this- next time we're going to do a breakfast in MK so we can get our last castle fix before leaving.:mickey:

disney323
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
One of our favs would be Crystal Palace lunch buffett for a big meal with lots of good food or we have done the ESPN Club when we stay at BW or we go to Downtown Disney and eat at one places there.

tinksmom02
04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
For our Sept trip, our last meal will be an early (11:30) lunch at LeCellier, the only time we could get in. DH thinks it'll be a problem getting to the airport (we're renting a car), but seeing as how I haven't booked airfare yet LOL I'm not worried. I want to get an early evening flight out (7pm) so I'm not worried too much.

Plus I REALLY want to do the cheese soup dance (stolen from another poster LOL) :dance:

tinksmom02
04-12-2007, 11:19 PM
For our Sept trip, our last meal will be an early (11:30) lunch at LeCellier, the only time we could get in. DH thinks it'll be a problem getting to the airport (we're renting a car), but seeing as how I haven't booked airfare yet LOL I'm not worried. I want to get an early evening flight out (7pm) so I'm not worried too much.

Plus I REALLY want to do the cheese soup dance (borrowed from another poster LOL) :dance:

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:31 AM
our last day is spent in epcot for the morning. i like to pick up a few things (:beer: :marg: ) to take home from the countrys.

then we head out the back side of epcot and have our farewell lunch at beaches and cream soda shop at the beach club resort. great fast service, and even some ice cream before we hit the road.

we've tried other places on our last day, but its just not the same. beaches holds sentimental value for me, it was great being a kid and dancing to the juke box with the waiters and wattresses! :sing: its my party, and i'll cry if i want to!:mickey3:

iceicebritney
04-13-2007, 12:38 AM
our last day is spent in epcot for the morning. i like to pick up a few things (:beer: :marg: ) to take home from the countrys.

then we head out the back side of epcot and have our farewell lunch at beaches and cream soda shop at the beach club resort. great fast service, and even some ice cream before we hit the road.

we've tried other places on our last day, but its just not the same. beaches holds sentimental value for me, it was great being a kid and dancing to the juke box with the waiters and wattresses! :sing: its my party, and i'll cry if i want to!:mickey3:

rsumrall
04-13-2007, 12:45 AM
We ALWAYS end with a character b'fast before a 3:00ish DME trip to the airport. We've done Ohana, 1900 Park Fair, but our favorite without a doubt is Chef Mickey. We head back to the resort and load down on Mickey ricecrispie treats b/c all the DDP snacks we have left.

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 02:13 AM
If you are MK and doing counter service, I pick Cosmic Rays. Table Service I would do Crystal Palace.

BritCody
04-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Well, if it is our last day, then I would be in the MK and lunch would be at Crystal Palace. Our last day is always spent at the MK. It is one of our traditions to spend the last day at the MK before we leave for home.