PDA

View Full Version : Attendance "shadow"?

PNWmom
04-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Do you think there will be an attendance shadow following the end of the Year of a Million Dreams? The YOMD ends in October so will November be slower than normal? I'm trying to justify going Thanksgiving week.
Thanks,

Tick-Tock
04-12-2007, 01:03 PM
From posts on Intercot, I understand that YOMD extends through the end of 2007, even though it will be a little more than an actual year.

faline
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanksgiving week will be crowded. It's traditionally one of the busiest times at Disney World.

PNWmom
04-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Ok, same question with a January time frame. Will the crowds be lower than average in January because of the conclusion of the YOMD?

Beast_fanatic
04-13-2007, 09:25 PM
No, I don't think the crowds will be significantly lower due to the end of the celebration. Parts of January are known for very light crowds anyway.

BrerGnat
04-14-2007, 10:53 PM
LOL. Don't you people know Disney at ALL? End one celebration, begin another. It's the circle of life.

:D

Seriously, though, if you want to go in November, go earlier in the month, before Thanksgiving week. Otherwise, wait until January.

DisneyDudet
04-15-2007, 12:13 AM
January is quite slow. We've been there twice in Jan and both times were amazingly quiet. Our last time was during the Expedition Everest AP Preview weekend and it was quite warm, so there were more people there. In Jan 2003, we went during the marathon, and there still wasn't anyone there!

But yes, the celebration ends on Dec 31, and as BrerGnat said, there will most likely be another celebration on hand at that point.