PDA

View Full Version : Medical Forms

tinkerbell615
04-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi guys.

We are taking DD's best freind to WDW with us in June. I was just wondering if anyone could please tell me where I might be able to get a "free" form that I could have filled out by her friend's parents with all of the necessary medical information in case of an emergency. I do not forsee anything going wrong but heaven forbid something would and I would not have the authorization to have the situation taken care of at that time.

Can anyone let me know where I might find such a form?

Thanks in advance

Tink1
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Our hospital used to carry such a form, you may want to check there. I used to have a copy, will see if I can find it.

Nanci

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2007, 01:05 PM
1) She can type ANY piece of paper with medical history.
2) No forms are needed.
3) HOWEVER, get a Power of Attorney for medical purposes.
. . . mother simply writes the PoA on apiece of paper
. . . state that it is solely for medical purposes
. . . mother goes to a notary
. . . has her signature verified
4) We did this EVERY time DD#1/DD#2 went somewhere.
5) If there was a problem, doctors didn't need to call us.
6) The people with her could authorize treatment.

NOTE: The law does not require an authorization for child-treatment in the case of a life-threatening emergency. However, anything less would require a parent/guardian/PoA authorization.

Tick-Tock
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Google child medical authorization.

tinkerbell615
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks!:thumbsup:

homeschool mom
04-14-2007, 10:55 AM
We are dealing with this same issue for our upcoming trip. The notary in our town actually has a form for this. The mother of our DD's best friend went and filled out the form and had it notarized. It was quick, easy and inexpensive. You may want to give your local notary a call and see if they have anything that could help you out.