PDA

View Full Version : Listerine Agent CoolBlue recall

kakn7294
04-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Mods, if this thread or link is inappropriate, please delete. I wanted to let you all know that Listerine has voluntarily recalled ALL bottles of Agent CoolBlue rinse for kids. Per the website: because the product is alcohol-free, the preservative is not sufficient enough to eliminate microorganisms potentially found in the product. There have been no reports of illness and because the product is not swallowed, the risk of illness is pretty small, so this is just precautionary. This is the link to the product website (http://www.agentcoolblue.com/) where further information and a refund form can be found.

tyandskyesmom
04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Ooohhh, Tyler has some of this...I'll have to get rid of it! Don't know if it is worth the hassle of the refund for one bottle though!

Thanx Kathy!

MickeysGirl
04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
What a bother! We just bought some of this stuff for Little Nigel. It's been opened and used all of once. Oh well, guess we'll need to get something new now.

On the flipside, given this news, I'm happy that Little Nigel hadn't really started using it yet.

Thanks for the info!

Jenemmy
04-12-2007, 12:55 PM
Saw this in the paper this morning....my son has been using it for a couple of weeks now!!! UGH! I was thinking what a great idea it was to get kiddos to brush longer/better. I need to think up an excuse as to why I got rid of it, because my son would just freak out if he knew it was recalled and he had been using it.....

kaliepooh
04-12-2007, 01:30 PM
AAAHHHH!!! Thank you for the information. My son has been using this product for about seven months now and we have seen great improvement. I have one unused bottle plus the bottle he is using right now. He uses this at least twice per day. What a bummer because it really helps to make sure that he brushes thoroughly.

ElenitaB
04-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Thanks for this. We have an open bottle right now that my DS has been using on and off the past few months. Now to see if I can get the label off it!

PirateLover
04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Just an FYI , I believe most children's dentists have this sort of product available... I know when I was younger I was given a bunch of tablets once when I was having plaque issues. You dropped them in water to create a rinse. They were pink. I was told to use them twice a week, which made the dentist sample last for a long time. If this method helps your child I would put in a call to the dentist and see if they have samples for you or if they could point you towards another product.

Jeff G
04-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Not what I expected to find posted here but our kids just started using this a couple weeks back so thanks for the heads up!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-13-2007, 10:50 PM
We have a new bottle too. The boys tried it twice and hated it. I guess that is a good thing. I heard about this yesterday. Scary stuff.

Tink#64
04-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Wow! Thank you. My DH said he didn't think it the stuff that we have for DS's but thanks to you I now know that it is! I hadn't heard about it except for DH & he was confused. I hope Listerine makes adjustments & remarkets becasue it is a great help to getting DH's to brush better!

Gotta love Intercot for so many reasons!
Thank you!:rocks:

imaprincess!
04-16-2007, 12:22 AM
We have an opened bottle, too! I'll have to check out the recall. Thanks.

vizsla
04-16-2007, 03:50 AM
When I saw this on the news I told DD to stop using it. I poured down the drain immediately.

KylesMom
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
[QUOTE][Just an FYI , I believe most children's dentists have this sort of product available... /QUOTE]

Our dentist was the one who told us to go & buy the product . . . guess I'll be getting rid of it when I get home tonight!!!