PDA

View Full Version : Disney Store locations in Florida

JoDisney
04-12-2007, 11:05 AM
I have been trying to get a list of the Disney Stores currently in Florida. Children's Place purchased the Disney Stores. Disney does not know where the stores are and Children's Place does not know where the stores are. I kid you not! Disney keeps giving me the number 818-265-4660 which is disconnected. Children's Place gives me the same number. I laughed out loud, but it is frustrating. No one knows. I did a search and that continues to list the stores that have closed down for over a year. So, I am coming to my intelligent friends at Intercot to see if they know where I can find a Disney Store in Florida near Gainesville, Florida, as the Gainesville store is long closed. The Welcome Center in Ocala, Florida closed too. That was heart-breaking when that one closed. I am sorry but it is just not Disney-like anymore with the new owners who do not have a clue. I do not know if you can even purchase Disney Dolllars anymore since the stores are under new management and Disney is totally not involved.

JoDisney
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I talked to the CM at the store in Clearwater and I guess there are no longer any stores near Ocala. That is so sad. However, what is really sad is that the new owners do not know where their stores are and their personnel read from cards with out-dated information.

DizneyRox
04-12-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, not surprising... The stores were always a red headed step child of TWDC. I'm not sure if you could have gotten that info when they were owned by Disney.

The new owners haven't done much IMHO to advertise themselves. They still don't own www.disneystores.com (it's a redirect to disneyshopping.com) which is really a problem. I'm not sure if this is by design or not. I can't imagine that Disney would want CP to compete with DisneyShopping.com, but they can't even use it for store info, etc.

It's a pretty weird situation if you ask me.

I can't direct you to a list of stores, I don't think the local stores have that info handy either, maybe the managers have it in the back. What I've seen is just a list of the local stores up near the registers.

Kristi Kay
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
I work at the Disney Store in Branson Missouri and next time I'm at work, I'll see if I can check and find you a Disney store close to gainsville.

You can still buy Disney Dollars there and Tickets for the parks...

I know its frustrating that Childrens Place nor Disney can give you this info, but I swear The Disney Store is better taken care of now, than when Disney was in charge...

JoDisney
04-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks Kristi.