PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions...Cinco de Hold the Mayo

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

disneydrmr
05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Speaking of Pirate pillows...I have a pillow that has Capt Jack and Will Turner on it and it also has a small speaker in it and you can attach your CD player, MP3 or IPod to it and listen to music. :blush: It is supposed to be a travel pillow for kids but I figure I am just like a big kid right?

I am off to get a few things done. Anyone care to join me later on my deck for a glass of wine and cookies? :marg: It is warm and sunny here.

You have your Capt. Jack stuff, I have my Stitch dolls (they are lined up across my headboard - real condusive for romance - tee hee;) ) But you are right - we are all big kids at heart!

If you have any wine left one of of our brokers just brought in 2 boxes of thaw and serve cookies... oatmeal rasin and chocolate chip! I'll snag them from the office and bring them to your deck!

There's a word for that but this is a family friendly site... :mad:

Hmmmm... this is like the what?, third or fourth time a "family friendly site' reminder has been posted? Are we all just a tad bit too stressed around here? Anyone think a trip to WDW just might be in order? Ken? Is the RV gassed up?

I'd offer to make breakfast for everyone tomorrow, but I'll be having oatmeal and I'm sure that's not a popular choice. But, if you want some, pass your bowl this way.

And, as far as tomorrow's lunch goes, I'll be having a BBQ ham sandwich, just as I did today.

I walked a total of 10 laps around the pond today (about 40 minutes), and I still didn't manage to accumulate 10,000 steps. What's a girl got to do? :shrug:

What kind of oatmeal? Apple Cinnamon? Banana Bread? Peach? It actually sounds a bit good to me today! Though I've already had two cookies for breakfast - one was an Oatmeal rasin - so that is 'healthy' - right?

BBQ ham sandwich - yum! Sure sounds better than the sliced cucumbers I brought for my lunch!

How many steps did you accumulate in your 10 laps? Maybe you need to move to Disney and every day walk 10 laps around one of the parks - that SHOULD equal out to 10,000 steps - shouldn't it?

ElenitaB
05-15-2007, 09:16 AM
There is still wine. Just hop on over and bring that salad. We can watch the west coast cruise ships instead! Do you prefer red or white wine?
Red, please! :wine: :D

Busy! Still hoisting boxes, etc., etc., etc....
How about we all go over to Blythe's house and help her with her boxes today? It will be like Curves but with no machines! And we'd have much nicer refreshments. :yes:

I'd offer to make breakfast for everyone tomorrow, but I'll be having oatmeal and I'm sure that's not a popular choice. But, if you want some, pass your bowl this way.

And, as far as tomorrow's lunch goes, I'll be having a BBQ ham sandwich, just as I did today.

I walked a total of 10 laps around the pond today (about 40 minutes), and I still didn't manage to accumulate 10,000 steps. What's a girl got to do? :shrug:
I like oatmeal... but without sweet stuff in it. Thanks!

I think 10,000 steps is around 3 miles, Rhonda... you might need to find a bigger pond or take smaller steps. ;)

Hmm..salad..with herbs maybe?
Nat, the salad has cilantro in it... does that count as an herb?

Hope everyone has a lovely morning... see around noon.

offwego
05-15-2007, 10:08 AM

Nat, the salad has cilantro in it... does that count as an herb?

Hope everyone has a lovely morning... see around noon. Sure does...maybe we can toss some peaches in?

How many steps did you accumulate in your 10 laps? Maybe you need to move to Disney and every day walk 10 laps around one of the parks - that SHOULD equal out to 10,000 steps - shouldn't it? I would think it would! Don't you think we should all go with her?

Mickey'sGirl
05-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Red, please! :wine: :D . I have a couple of bottles of really nice Australian Shiraz, and one South African Merlot.... Interested?

How about we all go over to Blythe's house and help her with her boxes today? It will be like Curves but with no machines! And we'd have much nicer refreshments. :yes:.I think this is a great idea! I can be there in about 5 hours.... Can I bring the dogs?

I just got here a little while ago -- I had a meeting at school for Harry's placement in September. Harry has Asperger's Disorder and he has been in a small class placement since forever which has been less than challenging for him (My kid is gifted, but in special ed -- the dichotomy of autism!) He has been fully integrated in a standard class since March as a test -- and been extremely successful -- So our goal is for him to be fully integrated in Grade 4 at his current school. Our problem is that we moved during the year, so we are now out of area. I have had to apply to have him stay at the school (the teachers and principal are on board with me -- but it still can't be approved until September). I can't even imagine what the effect of a change of schools AND daycare ('cause our babysitter is at his current school) would have!!! Oh well, I'm not worrying about it. I wrote a great letter to the placement committee and the rest is in their hands. :fingers:

offwego
05-15-2007, 11:37 AM
I just got here a little while ago -- I had a meeting at school for Harry's placement in September. Harry has Asperger's Disorder and he has been in a small class placement since forever which has been less than challenging for him (My kid is gifted, but in special ed -- the dichotomy of autism!) He has been fully integrated in a standard class since March as a test -- and been extremely successful -- So our goal is for him to be fully integrated in Grade 4 at his current school. Our problem is that we moved during the year, so we are now out of area. I have had to apply to have him stay at the school (the teachers and principal are on board with me -- but it still can't be approved until September). I can't even imagine what the effect of a change of schools AND daycare ('cause our babysitter is at his current school) would have!!! Oh well, I'm not worrying about it. I wrote a great letter to the placement committee and the rest is in their hands. :fingers:
Jenn sounds like you may need your Shiraz! I hope the letter works. Do you have a plan b? or how to approach it? Changing schools is stressful no matter what but for Harry it would be so much worse. I hope it all works out for you.

Christine
05-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Good morning all.

I could not get onto INTERCOT yesterday...anyone else have trouble?? Hmmmm. I was home all day yesterday and am today as well with a sick little girl. She had 104.6 fever when we got to the doctor's office yesterday, and that is only 1 1/2 hours after her last dose of Motrin.

They couldn't find anything wrong with her (eyes, ears, nose, throat, lungs all clear) so they said it was just a virus. No Rx's, no instructions...keep giving her motrin and "just watch her". Watch her what? Burst into flames with this fever? Poor baby...she is feeling a tad better today though.

Also got a call from my doctor. Saturday at Olivia's soccer game, I almost fainted, just by standing up! Then Sunday I couldn't walk a straight line without bumping into or holding onto anything. MAJOR dizziness. Also, my heart has been racing and my chest has been hurting. So I called the surgeon's office, they said it was probably not related to the surgery, so call my regular Dr. So I did, and the nurse said, and I quote, "just watch it."

Does anyone see a trend here???

So John and I are just :eyes: ...I guess that makes us doctors!!

Mickey'sGirl
05-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Extra :pixie: for my Texas Cousin and her family!!

Did you know that you can co-medicate with Motrin/Advil and Tylenol? DS8 had febrile seizures when he was little, and our doctor and all the doctors at the hospital told us that because Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen work differently in our bodies, one can administer FULL dosages of each at the same time without issue. I tell you -- this is the only way we were able to break several of Harry's fever's over the years.

If I were you, I would be going to the doctor's office and camping out until you had a better answer. You've been suffering for too long post-op. I hope you feel better soon!

Christine
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks, Jenn. Once DD gets better and is able to go back to school, I will probably just "drop by" the doctor's office...with a torch and pitchfork until they see me! I am so tired of not feeling well! It is really becoming depressing! I feel like such a bad mom, bad wife, and bad friend b/c I don't feel like doing anything, don't feel like going anywhere, and have been in such a "funk" (b/c it depresses me, I guess?) :(

Anyway, I WILL get this under control! This is NOT how I want to live!

And thanks for the advil/tylenol advice. We have been doing this for years as well. Tylenol doesn't really touch her fever like advil does, so they said she could have advil every 3 hours while she was running this high fever.

Well, I guess I better go see about her...
You all have a good day! Sorry to go on about my ailments...hopefully by the time Ken flies us out of Cinco De Mayo I will have more pleasant, less self-centered conversation to offer! :rolleyes:

By the way Ken, where are we going next???

offwego
05-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Christine I'm sorry your DD isn't feeling well. That's so much worse then not feeling 100% yourself. Made worse by the fact you don't feel well.

Hope you'll be able to give us good new soon.

Don't you all think we should have a pirate theme next? the end of the world cookie thread?

The JackSparrow support group thread? the Just Questions Pirate cruise thread? Anyway it seems it should be Pirates, people who aren't feeling good or cookies or wine..Personally I think we could have some fun with the pirates myself.

marlyn
05-15-2007, 01:12 PM
If you have any wine left one of of our brokers just brought in 2 boxes of thaw and serve cookies... oatmeal rasin and chocolate chip! I'll snag them from the office and bring them to your deck!

Setting up the deck chairs now!! When should I expect you?

How about we all go over to Blythe's house and help her with her boxes today? It will be like Curves but with no machines! And we'd have much nicer refreshments. :yes:

Red it is...we have much in common! Sure, I can come help Blythe with her boxes. Where are we taking them?

I just got here a little while ago -- I had a meeting at school for Harry's placement in September.

I hope all workd out with Harry's school Jenn! :pixie:

I was home all day yesterday and am today as well with a sick little girl. Also got a call from my doctor. Saturday at Olivia's soccer game, I almost fainted, just by standing up!

Healing :pixie: to you and your little one!!

Don't you all think we should have a pirate theme next? the end of the world cookie thread?

I am up for a Pirate thread! We also need a Pirate smilie don't you think?

I hope you all have a good day. I am working the next 2 nights so will be trying to get some sleep this afternoon. I really dislike night shift, but since my job has been decreased, I take what I can get now. I have a disney obsession to finance!

Nascfan
05-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi all, checking in at lunch.

I didn't read all the way back but saw about Christine's dizziness. Loads of :pixie: for you! How can they say just watch it? Watch what? Watch you fall down and faint? Makes no sense.

Hope today finds everyone else well. Miss you guys, but I try to keep up on reading when I can. Don't forget me, ok?

drummerboy
05-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Since I can't count past about nine in Spanish, I think it's time to change to another thread. Everybody hold on tight, strap in the young-uns, don't forget your medications, and let's go.