PDA

View Full Version : Counter Serice Meals??

TFrauts
04-12-2007, 06:57 AM
I was wondering if there are options other than sandwiches, soup, salad, pizza, hamburgers ofr the counter sevice meals...I know this is the usual fast food, but are there any locations that offer any other 'exotic' kinds of fast food?? Oh...and it is for the dining plan....so it has to be included in disney''s classification of a 'counter service meal!! :confused:
Thanks a lot

bicker
04-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Absolutely. There are many many many interesting choices for CS. I'd love to give you a link to where you can check out the menus, but that's not allowed on this forum. If you search, though, using a search engine, for "Disney World Menus" you'll find a bunch of websites that have the menus of both TS and CS, and you can see how much variety there is.

bicker
04-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Just some examples from the menus I use:

Chicken Curry
BBQ Ribs
Pulled Pork
Lamb Shawarma
Vegetable Noodle Stir Fry
Bratwurst
Saffron Rotisserie Chicken
Tacos al Carbon
Grilled Salmon

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Really, only the kids menus are a bit limited, style-wise. Epcot has great counter service meals!

TFrauts
04-12-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks a lot....I am sooo happy to hear that!! I was afraid there would only be burgers and fries for a week!! :mickey:

are there different counter service restaurants in Magic kingdom, or just epcot??

CAS
04-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Those options are certainly available but the majority are burger and fry joints. You can even get sushi at the tomorrowland terrace, however. :D

And the childrens menues are better than they used to be, health wise that is.

Happy eating.

CanadianWDWFan
04-12-2007, 08:29 AM
We really do prefer the food selection at Epcot's WS. I think that our favourite CS meal there is the Tangerine Cafe in Morroco. You really don't have to be limited in your meal choices, do what the others have suggested and look up the menus here.

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2007, 08:50 AM
are there different counter service restaurants in Magic kingdom, or just epcot??
The Columbia Harbor House has a bit more variety (a really great Tuna sandwich :eat: ). It is right near the Haunted Mansion in MK. :thumbsup:

Christine
04-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Flame Tree BBQ is exceptional counter service too!

Goes4FastPass
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Sunshine Seasons at the Land is even (ugh!) Healthy.

It's a food court format where you can get different things from different stations and then check out once using your DDP so even if different people in your group want different things it's easy.

Also, Sunshine Seasons is right at the entrance to (drum roll) Soarin' so depending on the FP timeframe it's possible to get Soarin' FPs then eat (ugh!) healthy while waiting to Soar.

Menu is at http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/epcot/sunshineseasons.asp
Now if you'll excuse me, I need some fries...

Niecyboo
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Both Cosmic Ray's in MK and Tusker House in AK have rotisserie chicken (Tusker is our fav.) Pecos Bills has a great chicken wrap, even though they're known for their hamburgers.

World Showcase has exceptional choices in CS. You can choose from so many nationalities.

Check out Intercot Central. They have a lot of great menus to look over.

Natazu
04-12-2007, 11:07 PM
We really do prefer the food selection at Epcot's WS. I think that our favourite CS meal there is the Tangerine Cafe in Morroco. You really don't have to be limited in your meal choices, do what the others have suggested and look up the menus here.
Ditto