PDA

View Full Version : Disneymoon Tips??

TFrauts
04-12-2007, 05:46 AM
Most hotels/resorts(outside of disney) have special offers for people who choose to spend their honeymoon at their location!! I have tried to search for anything Disney might offer, but I can't seem to find anything! Has anyone had first hand experience?? We will be staying at OKW, if that helps! We asked when we made our resevations, but they just said it depends on the hotel!!
Also....other than bride/groom mickey ears...are there any other suggestions/tips for the parks??
Any info would be great!! Thanks

faline
04-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Wear the Bride and Groom hats. This seems to garner a bit of extra attention.

Make sure your occasion is noted on all your reservations - both for your resort and for your dining reservations.

Other than that, it really does depend upon the resort and the cast members you encounter during your trip.

I wouldn't count on anything special but would appreciate anything that does come your way!

REDBeckyD
04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Actually, the best tip that I ever received is to get the "honeymooner" buttons from guest services as soon as you walk in the parks.

DH and I wore those, and the CMs went wild - we got free dessert nearly everywhere we went, we were 'announced' on a variety of rides, and even got a few Fast Passes randomly.

In fact, the only day that we wore our bride/groom ears (they're uncomfortable, but we wanted a few pics in the parks with them), we got *less* attention from CMs. I have no idea why this was, but I suspect it's that anyone (Disneymooners or otherwise) can buy the ears, but you have to go out of your way to get the buttons...

Have a blast!! (And congratulations!)

tigger24601
04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
first off, :congrats:
dh and i were at the grand floridian for our honeymoon 2 & 1/2 years ago, we made sure they knew it was our honeymoon and that it had been quite some time since either of us had been to disney. we couldn't have asked for a better room. we didn't know about the buttons at that time, but we wore the ears. cm's and guests alike congratulated us constantly. desserts were never paid for. and we have a lovely souvennier from cinderella's castle. we managed to get breakfast reservations one day(there was a hurricane threatening the day we could start making reservations) and now have a beautiful set of champagne glasses from the royal table. other than that, make sure you have reservations for places you know you want to eat at and yes make sure they note that it's your honeymoon. don't try to do everything. it's your first trip as man and wife, slow down and enjoy yourself. hopefully it will be the first of many. we were back for our fist annversary, and will be back again in november for our third.

LoriMistress
04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Wear buttons and/or Bride & Groom mouse ears. Also, mention in your room reservation that you're on your honeymoon and want a romantic view. When you make your ADRs mention that you're on your honeymoon.

pogo
04-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Everything mentioned was great.:thumbsup: We honeymooned at WDW with a Land and Sea package. We had it noted on all our ressies and we were treated like royalty everywhere we went.

Now when we go in April, our anniversary is noted and we still get little surprises. Last year when we returned to our room at the Poly after the first day, there was a Happy Anniversary card from Cinderella and Prince Charming with an autographed picture of them.

It's just :magic:

I hope you have as great a time as we did on our "Disneymoon" !:D

berri_boo
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
We wore the Bride & Groom ears on the plane down and to the resort. Once we went to the parks we got the buttons (which are way more comfy!) and we got so much attention. We received a bunch of free snacks (we totally did not expect anything like that) and we even got pulled aside one morning at the MK and was asked to be Grand Marshals in the "Share A Dream Come True Parade"......which we thank the buttons for! It was truly amazing! We are looking forward to going back this year!

meldan98
04-13-2007, 12:24 PM
We had our disneymoon in 2000 and our travel agent made sure to include on all of our info that it was our honeymoon. We had flowers in our room at check in and a beautiful chocolate box with chocolates. After our first full day in the resort, we went back to our room and found towel animals, a bride and groom Mickey and Minney, honeymoon pins and balloons. We didn't get the bride and groom ears because the groom ears didn't fit on my husband's head comfortablly, but we did wear our pins and got lot's of attention.

pixiegoose
04-14-2007, 10:32 PM
We went to Disney for our honeymoon last summer and LOVED it! I made sure to mention that it was our honeymoon to everyone I spoke with while planning the trip. We ended up getting a FREE upgrade to a SUITE at our resort (Coronado Spings) from our standard king room. We wore the ears (well, I wore the ears all the time, hubby only wore them at night as he got too hot wearing them during the day) and got the buttons to wear. Lots of people, CMs and guests, would stop to congratulate us. The first night back from the Parks, we found a signed picture from Mickey and Minnie and a balloon congratulating us. We also had a personalized menu waiting for us at Coral Reef and confetti on our table at CRT where we also got 2 free wine glasses. All-in-all, it's a great place to honeymoon. :mickey:

TFrauts
04-18-2007, 03:39 AM
These are all reat tips..I am sooooo excited!!

BigRedDad
04-18-2007, 04:56 AM
We honeymooned in Nov 2001. We made sure every reservation had on it that it was our honeymoon.

Things we got:
1. Upgraded to 2nd floor Savanah room at AKL from a parking lot view room (we wanted Tower at Contemporary, but the pkg did not include it).
2. Front row, center stage at Hoop-Dee-Doo
3. Window seat at the Contemporary on Thanksgiving for the fireworks
4. Complementary character breakfast at Crystal Palace and Breakfastsaurus at AK.
5. Countless other special perks that were unexpected: free Fast Path line, desserts, room service, flowers, my wife got pulled on stage for Millionaire

The 1,000th Happy Haunt
04-18-2007, 06:15 PM
We had our Honeymoon in DW last June/July. The buttons are a must have.

My wife and I agreed even before we left that we probably wouldn't want the Bride/Groom ears (which was a good thing because the groom hat was tight, we didn't even buy them). I had a black visor with the word groom and a white visor that said bride made (I ordered them online). Not only did we get a ton of attention from CMs, but other honeymooners were asking us where we got them as well.

Another tip: Take a fireworks cruise. On our last day, we had dinner at the Artist Palatte at Wilderness Lodge (mushroom soup=awesome), then took the fireworks cruise which leaves from WL. I even had them deliver a bottle of wine to the boat for the cruise. It will cost @ $200, but it's worth it. It was the most romantic night of the week. My wife loved it.

Having a massage at the spa at Grand Floridian was a great mid week boost too.

Keep an eye out for Mickey/Minnie wedding merchandise. I remember seeing a snow globe, the hats and 2 different lennox pieces. We bought lennox piece and mickey/minnie wedding salt and pepper shakers.

One more tip: On the last night we got a pair of Mickey Ears and had our last name embroidered on the back. We got the July 4th celebration ears. Each time we go back we are going to get our last name on a special edition hat. It'll be our special Disney Tradition.

Have fun!!!