PDA

View Full Version : Ohana???

jgt
04-11-2007, 07:39 PM
We' ve visited many times but have not had dinner at Ohana. Is it really as good as we're hearing?

Please send positives and negatives. Thanks!!

Bethanymouse
04-11-2007, 08:10 PM
We tried Ohana's last summer for the first time after all of the recommendations from intercot. It did not disappoint! I loved it both of my visits and we are returning again for our summer trip. The food is delicious, especially if you like meat on a skewer! It is a great friendly atmosphere and a lot of fun. I think you will really enjoy it!:mickey:

SBETigg
04-11-2007, 08:16 PM
We also tried 'Ohana after reading so many glowing INTERCOT reviews. It was wonderful! We loved it. Really fun atmosphere. We enjoyed all the food, probably even liked the side dishes and dessert better than the skewered meats. Pace yourself, because the dessert alone is worth the price. One of the best at WDW. Enjoy!

SgtTigger
04-11-2007, 10:30 PM
I have done Ohana's several times and we love it...... As long as you like meet you will love it. The chicken wings are great too......

As a matter of fact we are going back in June on our next trip.......

:cop: :tigger:

May524
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
I love this place!!! For dinner, it's excellent! We love the whole atmosphere of the hotel. My friend really enjoyed the shrimp, I for one, loved the steak on the skewer! Also, the dessert is good! I still prefer the pineapple and caramel..but I'm a pineapple freak! Try to book it around wishes and you will get a GREAT view. It's a must do for me! :)

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
It's great! But remember to pace yourself! You want to finish everything they bring (wouldn't it be rude not to? ) but it just keeps on coming! It would be a tragedy to fill up before that bread pudding arrives.
I suggest periodically getting up and doing some mild excersize between courses! ;)

DVC2004
04-12-2007, 08:07 AM
It's our fav- been going every trip since 2001! Great food, fun atmosphere. No complaints. They do not rush you and the price and quality for what you get is great. Love the bread pudding!

pox24
04-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Oh yeh, Don't miss it.. bring an appetite.:thumbsup:

Belle's Mom
04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
I guess you have your answer to how we feel about 'Ohana! We love it :thumbsup: It is the one place that my DH HAS to eat at when we go! It is great, but do pace...otherwise, you will be stuffed on Maui potatoes alone...Can I get a yum yum ???:cloud9:

Mickey'sGirl
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
It is a favourite of both my boys (aged 8 and 3) and we never miss it. They eat well, and they really enjoy the games and entertainment geared toward them. I'll bet you will be glad you gave it a try! :thumbsup:

MOJoe
04-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Last year we, DW, DS 12 & DS 7, dined at
Hollywood Brown Derby, Marrakesh, Crystal Palace, Coral Reef and Ohana's. Ohana's was the 1 place we all wanted to do again this year. It's a busy, fun place with lots of food. Plenty of choices for picky eaters. And if you like meat, you'll be in heaven. One problem though, I made a mistake by wearing white slacks, as the shrimp got a little messy.

Marker
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
We ate there for the first time just last month, I loved it, DW liked it but wasn't one of her favorites.

The atmosphere was great. A great view, a very nice dining room. They have moments where they grab kids (and non kids too) and do group fun things, singing, or parading around.

The food to me was amazing. You have salad, shrimp, wings, veggies, amazing cheesy potatoes, bread, and more at the very beginning. Then they come around with skewers of grilled meat, beef, turkey, pork and sausage. All you want and more. It's a regular meat feast (that's probably what DW didn't care as much for). Then, stuffed to the gills, comes the bread pudding that was awesome. I'm not a bread pudding fan, but I liked this. DW loves bread pudding, and she was amazed by it.

And, if you like something, they'll give you the recipe. In fact, our server copied ALL of the recipes for us. We've made the potatoes at home and they were great. Next we're trying the bread pudding.