PDA

View Full Version : Taxi fare?

marlyn
04-11-2007, 06:34 PM
I was just wondering if you have any idea how much it would be to take Taxi from DTD to Goodings or any other grocery store that would be close? I know Goodings is fairly pricey. Is there something close that would be cheaper? This is my first time without a rental vehicle!

Thanks. I am actually staying at ASMo...but figured I could bus to DTD then catch taxi if that would be cheaper than going right from ASMo.

Is it even worth my while to bother?

Imalismom
04-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Okay, I just called a Taxi service in Orlando to check on the costs for you. The gentleman I spoke to said if you are going to take a Taxi, it would be better to go the 3 extra miles to the Winn Dixie where all the locals go. The cost are much cheaper there.

He said the Taxi meter would be approx $15.00 each way going from All Stars - I did not ask about from downtown Disney. I then called Mears, and they said a 3 mile trip is $7.75 , a 4 mile is $9.75, a 6 mile is $13.75, an 11 mile is $23.75, and a 13 mile is $27.75. Basically its $3.75 the first mile and then $2 a while afterwards is a good estimater.

The first gentleman I talked to said exactly what I was going to ask you - How are you getting to All Stars? If you are taking a local town car service, most will stop for free for 30 minutes to do some quick grocery shopping. Have you considered doing this?

An alternative might be to take the bus to Downtown Disney and walk down Hotel Plaza Blvd to SR 535 (it's about 3/4 of a mile). Across the road is Goodings, then cab it back to your hotel with your stuff.

Hopefully this will help with your planning.

marlyn
04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Okay, I just called a Taxi service in Orlando to check on the costs for you.

This is what makes INTERCOT such an awesome place...people going the extra mile to help others. :mickey: Thank you so much for phoning and asking for me! I appreciate it very much.

I am using DME to get to resort so no grocery stop on the way. a $30 round trip taxi ride seems a bit pointless for a few snacks, water and some wine. The idea of walking to Goodings might work though, and then taking taxi back. Hmmmm....

Once again, thank you for your help! :thumbsup:

Kisobel
04-12-2007, 03:14 AM
thanks

kate

faline
04-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Why not order the snacks you want and have them delivered to your resort. Garden Grocer (http://www.gardengrocer.com/) might be a solution for you!

Piglet822
04-12-2007, 08:39 AM
I just called a Taxi service in Orlando

Just curious which taxi service you called. Mears taxis are the only ones permitted on curb at the resorts, any other company you have to call and ask them to come get you.

What kind of snacks are you looking for, marlyn? Just a suggestions, maybe you could pack some stuff in a suitcase (I know you can't do this with the wine) and then you'll have extra space on the way back for the goodies you buy :D

marlyn
04-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks for your replies. faline, I may go with garden grocer. I will see if I need enough to warrant the $50 minimum.

I will do what Jeanne said and pack some snacks to take. We don't need much really. I am used to bottled water, so that was one thing...but I purchased a whole bunch of Crystal Light and Kool Aid singles and will bring those to mask the taste of the Florida water. I can also probably buy some wine at store in ASMo...even there, I am sure it is cheaper than what I am used to paying for a bottle here in Canada. I don't drink that much, but would like the odd glass in the evening.

Maybe it is best to just stay on Disney property anyhow since any time we went off property to store last time the kids would sigh and comment on "leaving the magic" LOL :mickey:

Once again...thanks :)

Beast_fanatic
04-13-2007, 09:06 PM
I can also probably buy some wine at store in ASMo...even there, I am sure it is cheaper than what I am used to paying for a bottle here in Canada.

By the way, Garden Grocer doesn't show wine or beer as an option on their web-site, but if you do decide to go with them, they will accommodate your requests for that type of item. Just put it in the comment section and they'll get back to you with prices...

marlyn
04-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks Rhonda! I will check with them regarding that then! :thumbsup: