PDA

View Full Version : Dive Quest....

Kristi Kay
04-11-2007, 03:20 PM
Another post I read made me think, that I've always wanted to do Dive Quest b/c I have no idea what to expect. For you that have done it, what did you think? Can you get your Scuba Diving Certificate through them? Do you swim with the dolpins much? Ect Ect...any info you can offer!

Thank,
Kristi

poeticeclipse
04-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Dive Quest is for people who are already SCUBA certified. Disney does not offer SCUBA certification so you would have to get that before you go down to the World. I can't remember how long it normally takes. My future husband and I are looking into getting certified ourselves.

From what I understand, as long as you can show them your ID and your certification... you're in! You do a small instructional thing on what you should and should not do and then you're allowed to go dive with the fishies. I'm not sure how long this lasts but i'm sure it's a good amount of time. You can even dive past Coral Reef and wave at the guests dining.

IMO, you should try out Epcot's diving experience that allows you to "dive" in with the fishes without being SCUBA certified. You're hooked up to a snorkel type with a tank and you can only go down so far (like 2 feet or something). My fiance and I are thinking about doing this on our honeymoon in May.

Tick-Tock
04-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Also, in DiveQuest you don't swim with the dolphins at all. In fact, you're instructed to keep several feet away from the bars separating the dolphin area from the rest of the tank. If you want to interact with dolphins, you have to do the Dolphins in Depth tour.