PDA

View Full Version : Crowd levels?

Disdad13
04-11-2007, 12:53 PM
I need to hear from those of you who have been to the World both during peak season and during the off season (Late August thru September, for example). We have gone to WDW the last 2 Septembers and are returning again this September. We have never been during peak season. The longest I have ever stood in a line for a ride is about 20 minutes. Most times, we can get on a ride in under 10 - even popular ones like TOT, etc. My question is - how bad are lines and crowd levels in summer compared to off season? We have had talks of taking a trip with extended family, but it would probably have to be during the summer. Have we been too spoiled by going in the off season, or is it not really that bad? I've just seen how long some of the que lines are for some of the rides and can' imagine having to stand in line for an hour or more. So give me your experiences and tell me what you all think! I would even be interested in information on bus service, how crowded the resorts are, etc....

JPL
04-11-2007, 01:11 PM
The crowd levels from late June through mid-August are exyremely heavy it's not uncommon to find wait times of 90 - 120 minutes on the popular attractions by late morning with the days supply of FPs long gone :(

mdricks
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I've done a June and a July 4 and an April a November and soon a May (just 4 weeks!!! :mickey: ).

The busiest its ever been for me was in July.

Good night, I might of well have stayed at home. 2 hour waits on e-tickets, fastpasses gone by 10-10:30. One of the best vacations I have ever had. Go figure. ;) Interestingly busses were not only good but were better then the off peak times I have been. Never a wait at all and we stayed in CBR.

November was a dream come true. The longest wait was about 30 minutes for splash (it had been closed and this was the first open day) everything else was basically walk on. No problems with adr's, short lines in the food courts. It has become our target time every year.

You will miss the ease, and the weather (barring hurricanes) during the middle of summer.

:twocents: