PDA

View Full Version : No Trip This Year....

Figgyluv03
04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
So, it's my parents 30th anniversary next week and they were planning on going to Disney this year, but then my dad found out he was getting laid off at the end of June. So, I decided since they can't go to Disney, I'll bring Disney to them and cooked them dinner from different restraunts around "the World." We only eat chicken, shrimp and turkey in my house, so it kind of cuts down on what I can make. I found a bunch of great recipes online, but I'm kind of looking for suggestions.

January-2007
04-11-2007, 01:56 PM
If you head over to the Water Cooler there's an ongoing thread called "Cooking With Intercot" and I'm sure you will get some great recipes from all those folks! I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I thought that would help get you started at least.

I think it's great you want to do this for your parents! :mickey:

MMouse6937
04-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a receipe for the Cheese Soup at Le Cellier if you're interested. I've made it quite a few times at home and it comes out great. Also, what the above poster said is right, lots of good things in that thread.

It is a very sweet thing for you to do, let me know if you want the soup receipe. :)

Figgyluv03
04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
The only problem is, there's too many good ideas!!! ha ha. Thanks for the help!

Figgyluv03
04-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Just an FYI, we never ended up having the big dinner. My great uncle passed away and the funeral was the entire day, and my brother was in NC. They did go out to a nice romantic restraunt the Saturday before.