PDA

View Full Version : January-2007's September ADRs +Free Dining+

January-2007
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM
January-2007's September ADRs +Free Dining+

Free Dining was offered and we took the bait. With a little change here and an upgrade to preferred there we are off and running. Staying 11 nights, longest trip to Walt Disney World for either of us. Trip consists of me, 23 (by time of trip), and DH, 23.

Here are our dining plans:
Day 1: 6:40PM- Le Cellier. Arrival day. Thought we should start off with a bang. Think this will do?
Day 2: 6:10PM- 50's Prime Time Cafe. I went here a few years ago, didn't have the best time, but am hoping since I won't be flying solo we'll enjoy ourselves. Love the theming. Hope we get seated at one of the "kitchen tables" with the tv and all that jazz. Last time they put me in the hallway. It was so sad.
Day 3: 6PM Tony's Town Square. I know this restaurant doesn't get a lot of rave reviews, but we'll be there for 11 nights. Had to pick some hit or miss places. DH loves Italian food, and really isn't picky, so I am hoping this will turn out well. He's excited I got it just for him. The theme here seems cool too, Lady and the Tramp. I heard it's loud, where should we try to get seated?
Day 4: 6:05PM Kona Cafe. I am so cheap, we didn't end up going here on our Honeymoon. We're going now, and hope it's fabulous. We loved the Grand Floridian Cafe on our Honeymoon but that's closed while we're here since they're having the 1900 Park Fare meals in that restaurant during the refurb. Hope this is nice like that was. (Yeah, I know it's not the same at all.. but still)
Day 5: 7:40PM Coral Reef. We are both really excited to go here. All those ABC TGIF moments in this restaurant! I think it's going to be loud here, too, but at least we have later reservations, so maybe some of the kids will have gone to sleep all ready? Or maybe they'll just be that much louder. Since it's 1TS and Free Dining... But hopefully we'll have a good time. Another love it/hate it restaurant that we would never go to out of pocket, so hopefully we'll be on the "love it" side of the spectrum.
Day 6: 6PM Hollywood Brown Derby. This just seems like such a nice restaurant. It's 2TS, and since it's free, it's all good. Old Hollywood is fun, and I know it's in the middle of a themepark and people are going to be wearing tank tops, but I'm hoping for a very pleasant experience here.
Day 7: 8PM Le Cellier. It's so freaking poplular here. This was actually going to be our first night dinner for the dates I had originally planned on going, and then since I had to switch the dates to get Free Dining I just kept the rest of the ADRs I had made for the remainder of the trip. If we want a break from restaurants, we can cancel this in the morning and make somebody's day. Or we'll go for the second time and live it up. If it's as good as everyone says we'll probably be thrilled to go here twice.
Day 8: 6PM Concourse Steakhouse. Holy cow, literally, that's a lot of steak we're going to be eating! I used to want to eat at Chef Mickey's, but decided since we're a little older (23 counts as older, right?) we would appreciate this restaurant more. Surprisingly enough, I'm not as into the characters as I was when I was younger. Who would have thought? This place seems to have a love it/hate it thing going on too, but I think we'll be fine. Just watching the monorail overhead and knowing everything is free is very relaxing. Oh yes, and all the noise from Chef Mickey's that we'll be hearing, I'm quite aware of that. Hopefully we will once again have a "love it" experience here.
Day 9: 6:15PM Biergarten. Almost every trip I have ever gone to Walt Disney World has included a meal at the Biergarten, and DH absolutely loves it, so it's on our list. It'll be nice to go some place familiar after going to all these new restaurants.
Day 10: 6PM Libery Tree Tavern. Our one character meal of the trip. I like that they bring the meal to you as opposed to a buffet line where everybody runs into each other in the crazy frenzy that is a character meal during Free Dining. I think it's cool that we'll get to see the characters in different clothes, too, and I've always wanted to dine here. We love Thanksgiving, too, so that helps!
Day 11: 6:10PM Trails End. Yeah, it's the cheapest of all the restaurants so it's not the best use of a TS credit, but if you'll notice, we have overbooked by one TS credit by going to the Brown Derby, so it will all work out in the end. If we decide to cancel one of our meals we have this one to fall back on to use our credit up with, and if we do go to all our meals we can just pay out of pocket for this one, since it's the least expensive of them all. I love how that worked out. We usually eat here more than once a trip, and go for lunch, but are trying it for dinner this time. It's our last night, and I hope there's a good movie at the campfire!

So there you have it, January-2007's September ADRs +Free Dining+ I hope it hasn't been too boring of a read. Please do tell me what you think, things we should order, where we can get cool drinks included in the plan, etc. etc. Have a great day! Only 5 months until this trip, and 1 1/2 until we're back in the World.

tyandskyesmom
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
January-2007's September ADRs +Free Dining+

Free Dining was offered and we took the bait. With a little change here and an upgrade to preferred there we are off and running. Staying 11 nights, longest trip to Walt Disney World for either of us. Trip consists of me, 23 (by time of trip), and DH, 23.

Here are our dining plans:
Day 1: 6:40PM- Le Cellier. Arrival day. Thought we should start off with a bang. Think this will do?

Sounds great...we love the Chocolate Mousse and the Smores (different than the Smores at Prime Time) even though they are on the kid's menu! Also, last time we were there our waiter wrapped up some extra pretzel breads for us to take with us to eat while watching Illuminations...that was really nice of him!

Day 2: 6:10PM- 50's Prime Time Cafe. I went here a few years ago, didn't have the best time, but am hoping since I won't be flying solo we'll enjoy ourselves. Love the theming. Hope we get seated at one of the "kitchen tables" with the tv and all that jazz. Last time they put me in the hallway. It was so sad.

We were not thrilled here but we are not that kind of people who like that sort of thing and since you've been there before you know what it's about...

Day 3: 6PM Tony's Town Square. I know this restaurant doesn't get a lot of rave reviews, but we'll be there for 11 nights. Had to pick some hit or miss places. DH loves Italian food, and really isn't picky, so I am hoping this will turn out well. He's excited I got it just for him. The theme here seems cool too, Lady and the Tramp. I heard it's loud, where should we try to get seated?

I have wanted to try this one for a while but we just never get there and every time we think we will, someone scares us away...let us know how you like it!

Day 4: 6:05PM Kona Cafe. I am so cheap, we didn't end up going here on our Honeymoon. We're going now, and hope it's fabulous. We loved the Grand Floridian Cafe on our Honeymoon but that's closed while we're here since they're having the 1900 Park Fare meals in that restaurant during the refurb. Hope this is nice like that was. (Yeah, I know it's not the same at all.. but still)

I have heard wonderful things about this place. We have never been but we are hoping maybe to go here on July 3rd for dinner and then fireworks from the beach.

Day 5: 7:40PM Coral Reef. We are both really excited to go here. All those ABC TGIF moments in this restaurant! I think it's going to be loud here, too, but at least we have later reservations, so maybe some of the kids will have gone to sleep all ready? Or maybe they'll just be that much louder. Since it's 1TS and Free Dining... But hopefully we'll have a good time. Another love it/hate it restaurant that we would never go to out of pocket, so hopefully we'll be on the "love it" side of the spectrum.

We all love the Reef! The only thing about it is it is very crowded and slow moving. It is a rather small restaurant so you're kind of at the mercy of the people before you. Arrive early and be willing to wait for a table right along the tank or a first level booth because even though the place is tiered, we were in the last tier on our last visit and we could hardly see the activity in the tank. Be aware though that this is a fresh fish kinda place where certain fish comes fresh and whole. DH ordered one and the waiter actually asked him if he wanted it whole or if he'd like the head removed...apparently that is a popular request. DH got the head and the kids loved it! I don't know if I could eat my food while it was looking at me but I did taste his and it was great!

Day 6: 6PM Hollywood Brown Derby. This just seems like such a nice restaurant. It's 2TS, and since it's free, it's all good. Old Hollywood is fun, and I know it's in the middle of a themepark and people are going to be wearing tank tops, but I'm hoping for a very pleasant experience here.

Again, on our list, just have not gotten there yet!

Day 7: 8PM Le Cellier. It's so freaking poplular here. This was actually going to be our first night dinner for the dates I had originally planned on going, and then since I had to switch the dates to get Free Dining I just kept the rest of the ADRs I had made for the remainder of the trip. If we want a break from restaurants, we can cancel this in the morning and make somebody's day. Or we'll go for the second time and live it up. If it's as good as everyone says we'll probably be thrilled to go here twice.

This is a great restaurant, especially during free dining! We have hit it every time we have been since we first tried it.

Day 8: 6PM Concourse Steakhouse. Holy cow, literally, that's a lot of steak we're going to be eating! I used to want to eat at Chef Mickey's, but decided since we're a little older (23 counts as older, right?) we would appreciate this restaurant more. Surprisingly enough, I'm not as into the characters as I was when I was younger. Who would have thought? This place seems to have a love it/hate it thing going on too, but I think we'll be fine. Just watching the monorail overhead and knowing everything is free is very relaxing. Oh yes, and all the noise from Chef Mickey's that we'll be hearing, I'm quite aware of that. Hopefully we will once again have a "love it" experience here.

You've heard bad things about Concorse? Hhmmm, I have always heard good things and it is another on our list.

Day 9: 6:15PM Biergarten. Almost every trip I have ever gone to Walt Disney World has included a meal at the Biergarten, and DH absolutely loves it, so it's on our list. It'll be nice to go some place familiar after going to all these new restaurants.

Not our fav, but it is one of your's so enjoy!

Day 10: 6PM Libery Tree Tavern. Our one character meal of the trip. I like that they bring the meal to you as opposed to a buffet line where everybody runs into each other in the crazy frenzy that is a character meal during Free Dining. I think it's cool that we'll get to see the characters in different clothes, too, and I've always wanted to dine here. We love Thanksgiving, too, so that helps!

We had ADRs here for our last trip and did not make it...hear wonderful things!

Day 11: 6:10PM Trails End. Yeah, it's the cheapest of all the restaurants so it's not the best use of a TS credit, but if you'll notice, we have overbooked by one TS credit by going to the Brown Derby, so it will all work out in the end. If we decide to cancel one of our meals we have this one to fall back on to use our credit up with, and if we do go to all our meals we can just pay out of pocket for this one, since it's the least expensive of them all. I love how that worked out. We usually eat here more than once a trip, and go for lunch, but are trying it for dinner this time. It's our last night, and I hope there's a good movie at the campfire!

We keep saying we are going to get here too but never do...it may be our back-up for July 3rd though!

So there you have it, January-2007's September ADRs +Free Dining+ I hope it hasn't been too boring of a read. Please do tell me what you think, things we should order, where we can get cool drinks included in the plan, etc. etc. Have a great day! Only 5 months until this trip, and 1 1/2 until we're back in the World.

I think you have great plans and hoepfully some day we will get there for free dining! Your plans about the extra TS and well thought out...hope you have a great time!

81 more days for us!

May524
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Hello fellow newlywed!!! How are you enjoying married life!!!
Now back to on topic:
The only thing I would change...would maybe do one breakfast. You have only dinners, I for one LOVE the Cape May breakfast and Crystal Palace.
What about switching one of your ADRs at Le Cellier for something else, like the 2nd time at Le Cellier, b/c the next night you will be dining on steak yet again. Just some thoughts!!!

grego77
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I love Coral Reef...you should be fine at that time, and even if you're not and there's lots of kids there...it's not the worst thing in the world. I went for lunch on New Years Day and it didn't bother me!

I like Liberty Tavern...but for Character Meals, I HIGHLY suggest the Garden Grill in Epcot...the food is better IMHO (more adult food...aka fish and steak plus more instead of mac and cheese and turkey) and it's a ROTATING RESTAURANT!

I am really looing forward to going to Le Cellier in Sept and Kona in May. Hope you enjoy it!

50s Prime Time is a blast, and just ask for a regular booth (that's what I did...again on New Years Day) and I waited a few extra minutes, and I had the BEST WAITRESS EVER! :number1:

Enjoy the trip!!!:mickey:

January-2007
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Thank you for all the positive comments!

Sounds great...we love the Chocolate Mousse and the Smores (different than the Smores at Prime Time) even though they are on the kid's menu! Also, last time we were there our waiter wrapped up some extra pretzel breads for us to take with us to eat while watching Illuminations...that was really nice of him!

That was so nice of the waiter to do that for you!

Your plans about the extra TS and well thought out...hope you have a great time!

I have read so many trip reports about people paying out of pocket for a restaurant early in their trip, only to not use all the credits in the end, so I am glad it worked out like this. I am glad you have had positive experiences at Coral Reef. It looks like we have very similar taste, a lot of the plans I have are place you guys are interested in. Hope you have a lot of fun on July 3, no matter where you end up!

Hello fellow newlywed!!! How are you enjoying married life!!!

Dahling, it's fabulous! Look at us, going back to Walt Disney World so soon after our Honeymoons! Life is good, huh?

Now back to on topic:
The only thing I would change...would maybe do one breakfast. You have only dinners, I for one LOVE the Cape May breakfast and Crystal Palace.

Actually we ARE going to be trying the Cape May Breakfast Buffet, but in May, not September. We decided that we would rather take full advantage of the "Free" Dining in September and use the credits for the most costly meals that we really would never do otherwise. Or at least would never do all in one trip! Plus, we like to be in the parks at opening, and aren't huge Pooh fans. Crazy, I know.. Doing all dinners let's us have total freedom during the days and I *hope* will make us feel not so tied down to all the reservations.

I love Coral Reef...you should be fine at that time, and even if you're not and there's lots of kids there...it's not the worst thing in the world. I went for lunch on New Years Day and it didn't bother me!

So glad to read yet another positive experience for the Coral Reef. We don't mind being around kids, it's just that I've heard that the acoustics in the restaurant make it really loud because of the glass on the aquariam. We're hoping it won't be as bad since it's later at night.

I like Liberty Tavern...but for Character Meals, I HIGHLY suggest the Garden Grill in Epcot...the food is better IMHO (more adult food...aka fish and steak plus more instead of mac and cheese and turkey) and it's a ROTATING RESTAURANT!

That does look like a good restaurant. Unfortunately we do plan on spending that evening in the Magic Kingdom. Plus, the Liberty Tree Tavern is one of those restaurants that we've walked by thinking "wouldn't that be fun!" And as a kid I never got to go there, so we're super excited about it. Also, you mention Garden Grill has more "adult food." Hopefully we'll be able to find enough of that at our other meals. Bring on Minnie Mouse! She's my favorite!

I am really looing forward to going to Le Cellier in Sept and Kona in May. Hope you enjoy it!

That's so funny you're going in May and September, so are we!

50s Prime Time is a blast, and just ask for a regular booth
Enjoy the trip!!!:mickey:

I will keep that in mind!

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions! Can't wait! Any other things we should keep in mind? Now that the hotel is booked and the dining arrangements are made, I am stuck in such a planning rut, nothing left to do for the trip!

Oh, and this will be our first time on the Dining Plan, so any suggestions regarding that as well are more than welcome.

Have a great :mickey: day!

grego77
04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Have a great time! As a fellow 23-year old...you can never go to Disney enough:mickey: