PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Dinner Package at H&V

crazeedizneefinatic
04-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Okay, I need some serious input. We booked the Fantasmic dinner package at H&V. Our travel agent told us not too. She told us it's a waste. The seats for the show stink and the entrance to the show is around the way. Can anyone that has experienced the package fill me in. I hate to waste time doing it if the seats are terrible. I have already seen the show a handful of times before, it's a wonderful show but if I miss it, no big deal. If anyone feels the same way any suggestions on what to do instead. We are on the dining plan.

Disneyatic
04-11-2007, 12:29 PM
What time of year is your vacation?
Do you want to eat at H&V or did you choose it because of the package?

I think my suggestions would vary depending on these 2 questions above.

I have asked this same question awhile back and decided to cancel the package because we are going in a slower season and decided that we didn't want to rely on the reserved seating section.

crazeedizneefinatic
04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
We are going in September during the free dining promotion (9/21 - 9/30). I choose H&V because of the buffet. My husband and son are VERY pickey eaters and buffets always seem to be what we do. We are going to H&V for a character meal lunch and don't know whether or not to cancel this one. Too much H&V! lol!

Cinderelley
04-11-2007, 12:55 PM
If you want to skip Fantasmic all together, then skip it. Just remember that you'll be eating dinner somewhere, so if you think you might want to see Fantasmic at all, you would still have that opportunity without standing in line forever.

If you want to see it again, I think dinner and the reserved seating are great! The seating isn't horrible. Yes, it's off to the side, but that is where the water "screens" are. Both times I have done it, I have been right in front of the "screen" and taken some great pictures of the different scenes on it. You can also see the stage quite well. I've eaten at H&V & Mama Melrose. Both were great!

JPL
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
The seats are not bad for the show at all. They are on the side I mean they aren't choice dead center seats but you can still enjoy the show and see everything just fine. As for the entrance it is closer to the front of the park and it no longer a walk than the winding path that leads you to theater when you queue up for the show. The big difference is you have to arrive a halfhour before the start of the show instead of lining up for 90 minutes or more. The food at H&V is good and they do offer a really nice variety. My thoery on the Dinner package is simple I want to eat and I want to see Fantsamic what I don't want to do is spend 2 hours waiting in line to see it. So basically a no brainer for me:thumbsup:

Disneyatic
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Is there another restaurant you would rather eat dinner at that night?
The response that I got to this question was that more than likely, during September it isn't going to be crowded enough to require lining up 90 minutes prior to the show.
So we decided to cancel H&V and the package and just do dinner at 50's Prime Time a little earlier and then go to the show from there.
Hopefully this won't backfire on us!

So I would say that it all depends on if you want to eat at H&V for lunch and dinner. The menu for 50's Prime Time is pretty basic, my family is not necessarily picky, but we aren't adventurous eaters at all and their menu seems pretty good! Or you could do a CS since you will be using a TS for your H&V lunch.

LebelJD
04-11-2007, 07:07 PM
The seats are not bad for the show at all. They are on the side I mean they aren't choice dead center seats but you can still enjoy the show and see everything just fine. As for the entrance it is closer to the front of the park and it no longer a walk than the winding path that leads you to theater when you queue up for the show. The big difference is you have to arrive a halfhour before the start of the show instead of lining up for 90 minutes or more. The food at H&V is good and they do offer a really nice variety. My thoery on the Dinner package is simple I want to eat and I want to see Fantsamic what I don't want to do is spend 2 hours waiting in line to see it. So basically a no brainer for me:thumbsup:

Yep, that's exactly the way I feel. You have to eat anyway, and you get to skip the long lines. The times we did it w/o the dinner package we had to wait in line and got awful seats!