PDA

View Full Version : Using existing tickets with free dining...

scooterca42
04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Evidently, a single base ticket on MYW is all that's needed for the free dining. (and isn't THAT odd...), the rest of the days are tied to how many nights you're at the resort on site.

We are booked for five days and have only four left on our non expiring hopper, so we would need another day anyway.

How would the free dining work, does anyone know? Would our old cards have the dining applied once we'd used our base ticket? Or would the single base card, once used for the park admission, then become our dining card while we use the existing four day card for park entry?

I think the second option would be more probable, as one would think the card with the one day base MYW would also be the key to the room for the days you're there.

Hmm...did I just answer my own question?:D

mudpuppysmom
04-11-2007, 12:04 PM
The free dining credits are tied to your room key. We went last year, and DH was the only one that needed a ticket......DS and I had AP's, so we just had a "wasted day" so to speak, but it still worked out in our favor as a good deal. So yes, you did answer your own question!

JPL
04-11-2007, 12:12 PM
You have to purchase the MYW ticket at the time of booking in order to qualify

scooterca42
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks - fortunately, I have Wendy at MJ working on this for me!

JPL
04-11-2007, 01:26 PM
You are in great hands then :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2007, 12:17 PM
. . . We are booked for five days and have only four left on our non expiring hopper, so we would need another day anyway . . .

1) Monetarily, a bad choice to use the old tickets.
2) You would be better off
. . . buying new tickets for the 5-day trip
. . . using old tickets for a future trip
3) The reason is that the 5th day is $2/person.
4) You are now paying $70/adult.
5) Basically, tossing away $68/adult.

NOTE: A lot of people by the 1-day ticket and use previous tickets for the balance of the trip to get DDP. They do not realize the cost penalty of doing it this way. And, of course, WDW won't tell you this point.

scooterca42
04-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Appreciate the suggestion, Rusty, but we have decided this will be the last Disney trip for some time - we are working on going to Australia! This way, we will still save over room only and airfare. With the room only, it worked out to 369, plus 325, plus the bit for another day - call it 700 - but this way it's about 610. We're still bringing breakfast food (oatcakes) but now we eat better for lunch and dinner, and - from our point of view - save 90.00. US $, at that.

We're pretty happy about that! ;)

Mind you, if we had any plan of going in the next few years, your idea would be definitely practical.