PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn Changed???

Disney_Barbie
04-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Would someone mind sharing their thoughts on how (if at all) the change of El Rio del Tiempo to Gran Fiesta Tour has effected San Angel Inn? The ride it self has always been a must-see for me, but my main concern is the atmosphere of the restaurant. Is it still the same perfect feeling of eating next to the Mexican Riviera or has the overhaul and cartoon-feeling that was added to the ride also changed the feeling of the restaurant? I watched a video of the ride on an other unofficially Disney website, but had difficulty telling how much (if any) the restaurant part was effected.
We always eat at San Angel, but if it's too cartoonish I'd prefer to book elsewhere. Thanks for all the help!

wendy*darling
04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I have not been since the change, but my understanding is that only the ride was changing- and only in certain scenes.

The restaurant was never advertised to change, has not closed for changes. I do not expect there will be any noticable changes to the restaurant at all.

The one part in the ride where you glide past the restaurant does not have any video or animatronics anyway- it's just a silent ride through the aters- there were no changes there.

Don't worry- if you loved San Angel before- you will still love it. :thumbsup: