PDA

View Full Version : Ohana & Narcoosee's?

MattJenRocky
04-11-2007, 10:51 AM
My hubby and I really wanted to go to the Aloha Dinner show for our Anniversary & my Bday when we got to Disney in 3 weeks but when I began calling to make reservations a month ago, they were all booked up for every show in every section during the week we are there. :( My husband has never been to this show so I was excited about going. I keep calling back to check on cancelations b/c they won't put names on a waiting list. In case we definately don't get reservations for the show, I made ADRs for Ohana and Narcoosees and neither of us have ever been to either one. Can someone give us a little insight on what to expect? Thanks a bunch!!!

DVC2004
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Both are very good! Ohana is a fun place with excellent all you care to eat food served to you. It's heavy on meat (grilled) but very good. Dessert is included and is to die for! It's bread pudding, which I was not a fan before, but excellent here. There are alot of families here and activities for kids (coconut races), so just be prepared as it can get pretty boisterous in there.

Narcoossees is quiet, relaxed, but elegant. Great view right on the water of the 7 Seas Lagoon. More of a seafood menu.

Both are great choices and I think you will enjoy them very much!

pox24
04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Narcoosee's by a nose:thumbsup:

mdricks
04-11-2007, 01:05 PM
I guess the best way to differentiate is to say that my kids wouldnt let me take them to WDW without going to O'Hana's.

I dont think i would try to take my kids to narcossee's.

If it is just the two of you, get an adr during wishes at Narcossee's. A table by the window/laggon, a nice bottle of Chard, the shrimp app and a good piece of broiled fish. Cappachino and dessert, a nice strool through the grand folridian......

Or you could always go for the coconut races....:D

Bruegge
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
I guess the best way to differentiate is to say that my kids wouldnt let me take them to WDW without going to O'Hana's.

I dont think i would try to take my kids to narcossee's.

....:D

I agree ... It's a little bit of Apples and Oranges...

I have adr's for both on our trip.. Neither is negotiable... I on the other hand will take the kids to Narcoosee's (I remind them good behavior results in one of the cool desserts... works 90% of the time)

If fine dining is important I'd pick Narcoosee's but Ohana's is great food and fun..

If I can't do both (and california grill) I would rather not even go.

To me and the DW Disney dining is a much of an "attraction" as .. say space mountain.

Scott

ibrowse17
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
We really enjoy having dinner and watching Wishes from our table at Narcoossee's. It has become one of our favorite places to eat at WDW:thumbsup:

Fangorn
04-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Definitely keep trying to for a reservation on the Aloha Dinner Show. Here's a tip. If you still haven't been able to get seats by the time you get to WDW, when you do get there, go to the Poly and go to the Concierge desk and ask. They may be able to help you. When we were there in late October, the show was "sold out" according to the CMs on the phone, but we just happened to ask at the concierge desk in the lobby, and the CM there said she had "special powers" and could magically make 2 seats appear out of nowhere. We didn't get Friday nite (DW's birthday), but we did get seats for the show. Obviously, there's no guarantee here, but often times going directly to the source will get you the results you're hoping for.

And no, we were not staying at the Poly.

Steve

MattJenRocky
04-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the great info!!! We do have ADRs for both restaurants..Ohana's on Tuesday and Nacoosees on Friday so we'll get to experience both. I will however keep trying to get reservations at the dinner show. Does anyone know what kind of penalties there are if you cancel an ADR?

DVC2004
04-11-2007, 05:09 PM
There are no penalties to cancel the ADRs. Only a few places such as the dinner shows and Cinderella's Royal Table take your credit card number upon reservation, so those are the few that can penalize you. Enjoy!

SBETigg
04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
I honestly think you'll enjoy both restaurants far more than you will enjoy the show. I haven't been to the show in years, but the current reviews seem to echo my response from years ago: not the best. There aren't any penalties for cancelling those particular ADRs, but they are both outstanding dining experiences.

dtootsie42
04-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Hmmm....both of these places are great!! If you are looking for something with a little more romance then I would suggest Narcoosees but if you want something a little more lively then I would go to Ohanas. The food is good at both so you won't be disappointed.

Natazu
04-11-2007, 07:05 PM
What to expect at 'Ohana:
At 'Ohana, your group will be seated together (no matter how large) at a table in a great dining room in front of a huge fire pit. You'll get drinks, then the appetizers will come out, served family style. This round of food includes, Fried Wontons served with peanut sauce, chimichurri sauce and harissa, Mixed greens with a honey-lime dressing, Spicy-sweet and sour shrimp, and Honey-coriander chicken wings. As your meal continues, you can re-order any or all of these things, in addition to the items in the next round of meaty goodness... Marinated Sirloin Steak, Asian Barbecue Pork Loin, Mesquite Grilled Turkey, Hawaiian Pork-sausage with pineapple teriyaki glaze, Maui Scalloped Potatoes, & Stir-fried Vegetables.
For dessert, 'Ohana bread pudding a la mode with Bananas Foster Sauce. Save room, let me tell 'ya.

During dinner, lots of things go on at 'Ohana including sing-a-longs, coconut races for the kids and hula hoop contests, plus the occasional embarrassing of couple celebrating special occasions.

I love all the items above except for the stir-fried vegetables. They pretty much bite.

The service at 'Ohana can be good and it can be poor. Don't be afraid to flag down any employee and ask for refills of food and/or drinks. They all work together and share tips.

What to expect at Narcoossee's:
At Narcoossee's, you will find the absolute highest quality of food, service, atmosphere, & value. This place is four-star all the way. Crab Cakes, Seafood Chowder, Grilled Shrimp, Mussels, there are lots of great appetizers to choose from. For entrees, the scallops and ahi tuna are excellent but nothing at WDW compares to Narcoossee's Surf-n-Turf.

They change their dessert selections regularly and have never had a dessert that screams "save room for me" but the offerings are still good. There's almost always a Crème brûlée and some kind of fresh fruit.

Coffee, oh, the coffee. They serve gourmet coffee from a French Press right at tableside.