PDA

View Full Version : SciFi Dinner menu

hope
04-11-2007, 10:43 AM
We're thinking of trying the SciFi for dinner during our next trip. It seems SciFi gets mixed reviews (at best), but we really don't like ANY of the TS options in MGM (with the exception of the Brown Derby and we don't want to use 2 TS, plus we'll have a 4 y.o). Sooo, since we're getting the DP free this trip anyway, we're thinking of trying SciFi, with the attitude that we nave nothing to lose! ;)

Most people seem to mention the burgers there. Has anyone tried the dinner menu and if so, what would you recommend or avoid?

threeh
04-11-2007, 10:49 AM
One of our favorite CS places is in MGM, the abc commisary. If you are unsure about TS why not do another CS and save the TS for something really good. Just a thought???

Happy planning!!!:mickey:

goofiecrazy
04-11-2007, 10:59 AM
This is the only place in MGM that we eat at on every trip.I have tried the abc comm. before put wasnt impressed with the food couldve been at the time i was 12 weeks along with my 2nd kid and didnt care for the smell of fish they served.We have eaten at the toy story pizza place on one trip but its always Sci-Fi we return to...

GreenBeetle
04-11-2007, 11:51 AM
We also never miss Sci-Fi when at MGM. We love the atmosphere. Although we usually go for lunch, several of the menu items are the same for lunch and dinner. We can personally recommend the Chili, Spinach Dip and Onion Ring appetizers along with the BBQ Ribs or the Shrimp Penne Pasta for dinner. They will also make you a burger for dinner if you want one - just ask.

Others often disagree about eating here, but as you said in your original post . . . you have nothing to lose!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-11-2007, 12:07 PM
We have been there a dozen times for both lunch and dinner. I think the food is good. The burgers are very good for lunch and I have had the steak for dinner and it was decent, not a filet but good. I think the draw here is the atmosphere. You have to experience it just once and being on the plan it's the way to go. I think it's one of the better choices in MGM for 1table service. I also like the diner too but if you do not get a "kitchen" to sit in, it's just like any other restaurant. Have fun!

BelleBeauty
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Sci-Fi lunch and dinner menus are similar. It is worth the trip for the atmosphere, but not worth the DDP credit (IMHO). I agree, though, that the CS and TS options at MGM are sub-par. We try to avoid eating there at all now. Though I still haven't been able to try Mama Melrose's, so I can't tell you if that is a better choice.

I suggest looking into places you could go at the surrounding resorts - BC, YC, BW that might be a better use of you DDP credits.

c&d
04-11-2007, 12:23 PM
We ate there on our last trip and are eating there again this next trip. The food was good, I had the shrimp penne, DH had the NY strip steak. DS had their healthy choice option, which he really liked. After we got back we had to rent some of the movies that had been shown during dinner.

It's a fun restaurant to eat at.

goofy junkie
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
My husband and I ate at the Prime Time Cafe on our last trip. The kids meals were not very good. My kids were given uncrustables for dinner for the peanut butter & jelly sandwich. Not enough for my 7 y/o. My husbands and I meals were fabulous. The atmosphere was very nice. Like mom's kitchen. Just to give you another option if you decide not to do the Sci Fi.

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 02:03 PM
I would choose it for atmosphere only. I would rather use my TS credits for something a little nice. The food is tasty but not anything special that you could not get at home.

I actually had it on our DDP then changed my mind. On my MGM day we are going to use two CS meals and save a TS credit for an Epcot day. I am not going to cancell my ADR however. We are just going to have dessert at sci fi.

prttynpnk
04-11-2007, 02:57 PM
We ate there for a late lunch on our last trip and I loved the atmosphere and the service was great,but I think if we went back we'd probbaly just split a credit- I love the BLT soup, but the rest was nothign to write home about. It's definitely an experience you shouldn't miss- especially with kids.

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 04:17 PM
The reviews of the Sci Fi tend to be very polarized. I fall into the camp that loves it. It is my daughter's favorite non character meal restaurant. We have never had a bad meal there and the atmosphere is really fun. If you are curious, you should try it. Then you will know what your family thinks of it.

CarolinaWDWFan
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
We go every trip and have never had a bad experience. The atmosphere is great and the food is too. It is a really fun experience and it is almost like an attraction and not just a restaurant. Definitely one of our favorites!

BrowncatP
04-11-2007, 05:43 PM
My husband and I both liked the milkshakes at Sci-fi.

SgtTigger
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Ok anoter vote for I love it......

We have never done the Dinner menu but Lunch burgers are great........

:eat: :tasty:

:cop: :tigger:

Natazu
04-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Life's too short to spend good TS credits on bad food.

If nothing else at MGM appeals to you, better to use CS that night and save the extra credits for CG or Narcoossee's. :twocents:

MauiMouse
04-11-2007, 07:15 PM
It was okay, I probably won't go back for a while. The artichoke appetizer was excellent though, if I only ordered that I would have been fine.

ILoveDisney818
04-11-2007, 07:47 PM
I ate there this past August, and didn't feel that it was as bad as everybody says. I didn't like that the seating made it rough to have a conversation with everybody in the car. And I wish that the clip show they play was longer; we must have seen it three times! My food was average; about on the same quality as the food at an Applebee's or a chain like that. I had the shrimp pasta, which I thought was comparable to that at concourse Steakhouse. But other people in my party thought that their food was HORRIBLE, namely my mother who got the ribs. :ack: :ack: Hope I could help!

RAIDER
04-12-2007, 03:59 AM
Its my favourite place to eat in MGM ..ok the menu is nothing to die for but the atmosphere is as theres nothing like it on the planet....

Also i agree with "BrowncatP" the milkshakes are
first class :thumbsup: :number1:

alicia524luvstw
04-12-2007, 05:39 AM
Sci Fi is a must do for us. The atmosphere makes up for the average food. We do prefer the lunch menu over the dinner

Spaceship Tigger
04-12-2007, 08:26 AM
We've got Sci-Fi on the list this year (we've never been before). I know about all of the bad reviews it gets here on Intercot, but then I realized that Planet Hollywood also gets terrible reviews here and we like their food just fine...