PDA

View Full Version : Age limit for tours

Disneyatic
04-11-2007, 10:41 AM
Do all of the tours have age requirements?
We would love to do a tour on our next trip but our DD is 8 and it seems like all the tours require older ages.
Is this a firm rule??

wifey5794
04-11-2007, 10:51 AM
My DS is 9 and is a train freak and officianado!! Every trip I call and try to get him in to the train tour but you must be 10. He has been a guest conductor at our zoo many times and I am positive that he would be fine, but they are pretty strict. The last CM I spoke with said while they don't ask for ID per say....I would never to that so my son is just counting the months until he is 10!

I tell him to look at it this way...he is insured another trip back next year!!!!

JPL
04-11-2007, 11:29 AM
The tours have age limits to protect the Magic they don't want to ruin the Magic for kids. Alot of the tours take guests to backstage areas where you may see some things that may spoil the illusion.

Tick-Tock
04-11-2007, 11:43 AM
The age limits are strict and they do ask for ID. Our Backstage Safari at AK was delayed for a half-hour while two separate families argued about the ID requirement for their teenagers. They were not allowed on the tour.

What about the Family Magic Tour or Mickey's Magical Milestones Tour?

From Info Central:

Disney Family Magic Tour:
Guests can take their families on a 2-hour journey through the Magic Kingdom Park. This one-of-a-kind interactive experience takes guests through the park's theme lands in a search for clues.
Daily - 10 a.m.
$27.00 per person.
(Park admission required.)

Mickey's Magical Milestones:
An interactive tour focusing on the history of Mickey Mouse.
Although all ages will be welcome to take the two hour tour, it is
recommended for children ages 10 and older.
Monday, Wednesday & Friday -- 9:00 a.m.
$25 per person
(Park admission required.)

The Epcot Seas Aqua Tour is 8+:

Epcot Seas Aqua Tour:
Learn about and interact with ocean life in The Living Seas. Guests explore backstage facilities, watch a video about the pavilion's creatures and then explore the creature's environment using a Supplied-Air Snorkel system during a 30-minute swim through the main aquarium.

The cost of the tour is $100 per guest, and includes all required gear, refreshments, a T-shirt and a group photo of the experience. Guests must bring a bathing suit to participate and must be 8 years of age or older. No scuba-certificate is required for this tour.

The Epcot Seas Aqua Tour runs daily from 12:30 -3:00 p.m.
For more information or to make a reservation, call (407)WDW-TOUR.

Also the Behind the Seeds Tour:

Behind the Seeds Greenhouse Tour:
You saw a glimpse of the greenhouses at Epcot's 'The Land' on the boat ride, but wouldn't it be neat to go through them on foot and see how they grow their amazing plants?
(10:30 am to 4:00 pm - Daily - 1 Hour)
$12 adult - $10 child
(Park admission required, one hour.)

mudpuppysmom
04-11-2007, 11:49 AM
There is one tour that I'll say really does not have an age limit.......the CM I asked said "not really" when I asked if DS who was 3 at the time could go on the Behind the Seeds tour......it was great!!! The CM who guided our tour was great with the little ones:D They are our future gardeners after all!

My son also is a train NUT and always asks all sorts of questions to the conductors and other CM's on the platform......I can't wait until the day we actually run into Main St. Jim and he can meet my DS. As for the tour......he'll get there; like I tell my DS for height restrictions.....you keep eating your veggies and meat and soon you'll be tall enough,(he wants to ride Primeval (W)hurl much to moms dismay, but with age, it is a waiting game.

Disneyatic
04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Thank you so much for everyone's responses!

Tick-Tock, thank you for the info on the tours! I must have missed those 2 MK tours when I was searching, I am going to look into those today!

Funcruiser56
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
We have observed people doing the family magic tour and they all looked like they were haveing such a good time. You child will probably love it and so will you. When he is old enough take the other tours, especially the Keys tour.
And YES they are very firm about the age, the other tours are quite long The Keys took us 5 hours with most of it outside- fine for adults but probably a bit long for a child and with alot of details that a child would probably not be very interested in.

Bev

TheRustyScupper
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
1) The age limit is strictly enforced.
2) The reason is safety.
3) Kids need to be able to adjust to the surrounds.
4) On some tours they can be young, as there is little danger.
5) On other tours, they must be older.
6) It is a simple fact, older kids "usually" behave better.

NOTE: The word "danger" is not used to mean inherent or imminent harm. It could also include tripping hazards, time-lengthy tours, etc. I would assume the lawyers had a hand in setting the limits, to reduce liability.