PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day weekend crowds??

ltam16
04-11-2007, 10:12 AM
We moved our trip to the last week 8/28-9/4 due to free dining. We get back the day before school starts (am I crazy??) But now we'll be there for a holiday weekend. How are the crowds?

I am planning on:

Sat doing MGM in the am and MK at night

Sunday Epcot in Am and MK at night

Monday AK in am and MGM at night

Is this a good strategy?

Thank!

faline
04-11-2007, 12:38 PM
I've been over Labor Day weekend before and didn't find the crowds to be too bad. Of course, free dining was not offered at the time we were there so this could have some impact.

I would expect an increase in crowds that weekend - particularly in the Magic Kingdom.

KAJUNKING
04-11-2007, 12:50 PM
we were there last labor day weekend, and it was not bad at all, im sure its busier than other weekends in sept but it was very managable :mickey:

Gusgus
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree the crowds are managable. We were their for the 2 weeks before labor day and over the labor day weekend. It was the most crowded time during our stay but I have seen a lot worse. You may want to look at whether they are having events for the Tom Joyner family renion this weekend. I believe last year they had a concert at one of the parks (MGM if I recall) after hours. That particular park may be more crowded that day. At their website it looks like they may be doing the event at Seaworld rather than Disney but I'm not sure.

We also did the same thing with school. We got back the night before and the next day they were off to school (7 and 11 years old). It wasn't a problem at all.

Have fun,

Gusgus