PDA

View Full Version : Remember or MSEP?

Melanie
04-11-2007, 12:56 AM
I have a dilemma. We'll be at Disneyland Resort for only 2 days in June, a Thursday and a Friday.

There are no fireworks or parade on Thursday evening. Bummer.

Friday evening the Main Street Electrical Parade is at 8:45pm and Remember is at 9:25pm.

I've seen the Main Street Electrical Parade a couple of times at California Adventure. I've never seen Remember, only heard the 50th version from the Fantasmic! balcony seating.

I'm really debating which one to do, as I don't think we'd be able to do both. I'm sure California Adventure will be less crowded, but I'd really like to see Remember. How has it changed since the 50th?

Thanks for any advice! :mickey:

tinkwest
04-11-2007, 04:19 AM
I have been a huge Electrical Parade fan for many, many years so I can hardly believe I am saying this. . . . I would choose the "Remember..." fireworks. Especially if you have not yet experienced it from a seat near the castle (I like the sidewalk at the hub - castle side).

The last time I saw the entire show was in November and it was still the same as it had been during the 50th. I don't think it has changed.

The one gamble you will be taking is that high winds could cancel the fireworks.

Melanie
04-11-2007, 05:38 AM
The last time I saw the entire show was in November and it was still the same as it had been during the 50th. I don't think it has changed.

If that is the case, then you've just helped me make my decision, Linda. I've heard how incredible it was/is. :fworks:

Thanks! :balloon:

ChipDale
04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Watch the Electrical Parade at the beginning of the parade route, then watch the fireworks from the esplande. :)

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 04:06 PM
You can do both! Trust me, I've done it twice.

Watch the Electrical Parade from where it will end (Sunshine Plaza, directly in front of the entrance gates to DCA). Right before the last float goes by (the flag float), RUN over to DL (a bunch of other people will be doing the same thing).

You can make your way up to about the midway point of Main Street and catch the Fireworks from the BEST viewing spot in the park.

I agree, DO NOT MISS the fireworks show. It is beyond spectacular and who knows how long it will be around.

You can always hope that they rework the schedule. When in June will you be there? Depending on crowd levels, they might add the parade to Thursday night, although the fireworks schedule is pretty set in stone, due to city ordinances and such. They will most likely not just add it in at the last minute.

Chescat
04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I agree. We have left just at the end of MSEP and started out the DCA gates and saw the fireworks starting.

I would have a tendency to go for the fireworks if you have already seen the MSEP. I believe the MSEP will still be around after this fireworks show has finished. The difference between this fireworks show and the others is, there is a lot of things going on at the castle that you can't see outside.

Weather wise, you probably will be able to tell as the night goes on whether the fireworks will go off or not. You could always go to Guess Relations at the entrance of DCA as it gets closer to ask whether they have called it off or not. :)

BrerGnat
04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
The difference between this fireworks show and the others is, there is a lot of things going on at the castle that you can't see outside.

That is a VERY good point!

I really think that it is worth it to stake out a spot about an hour early, right in front of the castle. There is a LOT going on at "castle height" that you will not see from further back on Main Street.

My favorite spot is on the right side of the hub, as you are facing the castle. There is a walkway that cuts through the center of the hub and runs from Tomorrowland to Adventureland. About 30 min before the fireworks, CM's rope off that walkway, and if you get behind the second rope, you will have a clear view since no one will be in front of you for at least 10 feet (the walkway). People will walk by, but they must keep moving, so you won't have anyone's head blocking your view. You can ask the CM's in the yellow and black outfits near fireworks time where they are putting up the rope, and then just plop your behind down on the pavement near the curb in that general area. When the rope goes up, so do you!

While you wait, it's easy to send someone for snacks since they keep that walkway open for traffic. We have done this twice and it works like a charm.

NotaGeek
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Fireworks, hands down. You HAVE to see them from the HUB especially with the kids ... where Linda says to stand is great, just make sure you can see both the Castle and the Matterhorn and your set! By the way, I asked for the days off work today, they are on request, so keep your fingers crossed!:fworks:

Melanie
04-12-2007, 06:36 PM
By the way, I asked for the days off work today, they are on request, so keep your fingers crossed!:fworks:

:fingers: :joy:

Thanks for all the advice, folks! :thumbsup:

Oh, so Julie Andrews still narrates 'Remember'?