PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Quick Service Restaurants?

alaMode
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi! I'm trying to make a schedule/itinerary for our upcoming trip. We will be a group of 10, meeting in WDW from all over the U.S.
I've made our ADR (all character meals since this trip is to celebrate my son's 7th birthday!) I haven't been to WDW in about 10 years and I don't remember much about the quick service restaurants in the parks.
I'm thinking Tomorrowland Terrace in MK, Sunshine Season in Epcot, Pizza Planet at Disney Studios, and I have no idea about AK.
What are your favorite places to get a counter service meal in MK, Epcot, Disney Studios, and AK?
Thanks for all the great advice!
Tess & family
Poly 4/26

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
MK - Cosmic Rays
Disney Studios - Pizza Planet
Epcot - don't really have one, though we generally eat at the place near Innoventions. I hear there's a really good CS in the land.
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

maizey05
04-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Cosmic Ray's has anamatronics there, and good food for counter service. I might also try Columbia Harbor House over in liberty square. One of the eating areas is over the "road" through the park. Oh, also in Epcot, Tangine Cafe is good. Their schwarma (sp) sanwiches are huge and yummy.

grego77
04-10-2007, 09:10 PM
I love Pinocchio's Village Haus. I usually eat there (not as greasy as Cosmic Rays), and sit with a great view of the entrance to "It's a Small World":mickey: . I eat my food and wave to the happy people in the boats (most actually wave back!:number1: )

disneymom2000
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
My favorites are:
MK - Casey's Corner (I am a hotdog freak)
EPCOT - The Garden Cafe in the Land Pavalion
AK - Tusker House
MGM - The ABC Commissary

There are so many choices. You should check the menus under info central to see what kinds of food you like and mark those as choices.

Melanie
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
We like Pecos Bill at the MK, Pizzafari at AK and the Cantina at Mexico in Epcot. Not overly impressed with any of the counter service options at MGM.

Have a fun trip! :mickey:

Crow
04-10-2007, 10:02 PM
MK Pecos Bills
Epcot-most of the places. Lotus Blossom, Cantina,Kringla Bakery, Fish and Chips
MGM- havent tried any but will Pizza Planet
AK- havent tried. have to decide which to try

EvilQueen2006
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
MK- Columbia Harbor House:thumbsup:
Epcot- Tangerine Cafe:thumbsup:
MGM- Turkey Leg Stand:thumbsup:
AK Tusker House:thumbsup:

BritCody
04-11-2007, 07:09 AM
MK- Columbia Harbor House
MGM- Pizza Planet
AK- Flame Tree Barbeque
E- Fish and Chips

jefmblrd
04-11-2007, 07:51 AM
MK- Pecos Bill's & Comic Rays
AK- Flame Tree Barbecue & Tusker House
Epcot- Morrocco-Tangierine Cafe
MGM-ABC Commisary

mudpuppysmom
04-11-2007, 12:14 PM
MK: Peco's Bills for burgers, Turkey Leg cart or Casey's for corndog nuggets (I'm not big on corndogs, but there are YUMMMMM-O!!!!)

Epcot: As we never seem to get out of Future World before we need to eat lunch (DS is an Innoventions junkie) we really enjoy Sunshine Seasons followed up by refreshments at Club Cool!

MGM: We have tried Flatbread Grille (or whatever it is called -- over by the stunt show/Honey I shrunk the kids playground) -- the food was just inedible! Otherwise we eat at Backlot Express......in May we will try ABC or Pizza Planet

AK: Tusker House without a doubt!!

crazeedizneefinatic
04-11-2007, 12:26 PM
I would have to say Cosmic Rays at the MK. IF you like pulled pork they have a good sandwich. It also comes with pasta salad instead of fries which is a nice twist. By the time I am done with vacation, I don't want to see another fry for 6 months! Epcot I would say we always eat at the Electric Umbrella, not sure why?? I am positive there are better choices out there, just don't seem to get to them. We have had sandwiches from a CS place in the Land building and they were good, just cannot remember the name of it. MGM really has nothing good as far as CS although the best place in my opinion out of all is Pizza Planet. Again, no fries involved so this one is good! Animal Kingdom- we usually don't eat a full meals here. Just snacks.
Have fun!

angedeaile
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
MGM: We have tried Flatbread Grille (or whatever it is called -- over by the stunt show/Honey I shrunk the kids playground) -- the food was just inedible!

I assume that isn't part of the DDP, since I don't see that as an option on Intercot's DDP spreadsheet.:( Sure sounds good....

Natazu
04-11-2007, 07:26 PM
You've certainly come to the right place. Here are my picks for counter service in the WDW parks.

Jym's Top-7 Best Counter Service in the Parks (updated):
7. Yorkshire Country Fish Shoppe (Ep)
6. Studio Catering Co (DS)
5. Casey's Corner (MK)
4. Cantina de San Angel (Ep)
3. Starring Rolls (DS)
2. Cosmic Ray’s (MK)
1. Tangierine Café (Ep)

Lots will noticed that Pecos Bills, a ICOT favorite, is not on the list. I like Pecos Bills but it's mostly for the fixins bar. Other than that it's just fast food burgers and chicken, and one lousy dessert. I dropped it from my list of favorites because we're pretty much going to Casey's or Cosmic Ray's instead.

For those interested, INTERCOT members polled last May picked these as their top-7:
7. Casey’s
6. Cosmic Ray's
5. Cantina De San Angel
4. Pecos Bills
3. Columbia Harbor House
2. Flame Tree BBQ
1. Tusker House

Bethanymouse
04-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Our favorite counter services are:

MGM- Backlot Express

MK- Pinocchio's Village Haus
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
(I have heard great things about the Colombia House but have yet to try it)
Be sure to try Aloha Isle for a refreshing Dole Whip as dessert!

Epcot: Eggroll cart

Animal Kingdom- Flame Tree BBQ

DTD- Wolfgang Puck Express!

Best of luck! You are going to have a great time!:mickey:

starrmomof2
04-11-2007, 08:57 PM
We liked the following:
Studios - Pizza Planet
MK - Casey's Corner (great hot dogs)
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons in the Land and Fish and Chips in Great Britain
We didn't eat any CS meals at Animal Kingdom, although I want to try Flame Tree BBQ next time based on reviews on the boards here.

avantgardeinker
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
MK - Columbia Harbour House
EPCOT - Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco and Yakitori House is Japan
MGM - we don't typically do counter service here
AK - Definitey Tusker House

King Triton
04-12-2007, 12:46 PM
MK has the strongest group of CS places (IMHO anyway): Columbia Harbor House, Peco's Bills and Cosmic Ray's

EP would be next: Cantina de San Angel and Liberty Inn (nothing special, but nice place to sit down and crash for a bit). In Future World, Electric Umbrella is OK. Haven't had a chance to eat in the Land food court since the rehab.

AK: Flame Tree BBQ and Tusker House

MGM: To me the weakest park and the weakest collection of CS restaurants: Commissary is OK, nothing special.