PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Post Their ADR Lists?

Goes4FastPass
04-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Almost every day - or at least it seems like almost every day - someone posts a topic with a title like "My ADRs" or the more ambiguous, "What Do You Think?" which is also a list of when and where they're eating on their upcoming WDW trip. If you're a recent ADR list poster please don't think I'm picking on you because, like I said, it seems like these topics are started often.

The reason for this post is, a question: How should we reply to these topics?

In my trip planning, I start out with where we're staying, what park(s) are other activities we're scheduling then consider ADR choices. I try to balance the meals we've liked enough to repeat with those we've never tried.

Sometimes I post questions to this forum about a restaurant or character meal I'm considering.

Then I call 407 WDW DINE with my prefs and alternates and book 'em.

On this forum, when someone says, "Le Cellier" A few people reply it's overrated, most say it's a top favorite and a few even do the cheese soup dance.:dance:

-but I've already booked it and don't expect any reply short of, "Le Cellier just closed forever" would cause me to re-think that choice after I've gotten to the called to make ADRs step.

Maybe (maybe?) the reason we post our ADR lists here is because we just got off the phone and we got the meals we wanted and we're so excited and we know if we call one of our non-Disney-nut friends they'll think, "Oh please, not Disney World again..." and we know if we say "Boma" in this forum, chances are someone will celebrate with us, "Whee! Zebra Domes!":joy:

So keep those ADR lists coming. I'm always ready to reply, "Have a great trip!":wave:

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I think people post ADRs for 2 reasons:

a.) Overexcitement about an upcoming trip and they assume that since we're all Disney nuts reading about their ADRs would excite us too. Which, for some it does and others it just annoys with jealousy.

b.) Newbies who don't have a clue what these restaurants are so they just guessed and are hoping for affirmation that they didn't make the worst ever possible choices.

Either way, Intercot is here to help! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
04-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Some people want reassurance that their choices are good ones. Some people want to share, out of excitement. I love to read them, so I don't mind one way or another!

magicman
04-10-2007, 05:39 PM

a.) Overexcitement about an upcoming trip and they assume that since we're all Disney nuts reading about their ADRs would excite us too. Which, for some it does and others it just annoys with jealousy.

b.) Newbies who don't have a clue what these restaurants are so they just guessed and are hoping for affirmation that they didn't make the worst ever possible choices.

Either way, Intercot is here to help! :thumbsup:

I agree with these two reasons; however, there is no such thing as "OVERexcitement about an upcoming trip..." ;)

Willowwind
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree with these two reasons; however, there is no such thing as "OVERexcitement about an upcoming trip..." ;)

LoL... I sure wish I could convince my husband of that. We've got 8 more months and I think he's about ready to strangle me!!

kakn7294
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I like when someone posts their ADR list and asks what we think. Sometimes I can give my experience at a particular restaurant (which I realize may or may not be a representative sample of what the place is consistently like) and sometimes I can learn from other's experiences in a particular restaurant to which I've never been. I posted mine a few months back because I was really excited and wanted to share my excitement because most people I know don't understand and I still haven't broken the news to my mother and sister (they are not going along this trip!).

Disneyatic
04-10-2007, 05:46 PM
I am closer to a Disney "newbie" than an expert and the reason I posted my ADRs was to get feedback.
It is amazing how many different viewpoints people have and I like to see different aspects, possibilites and opinions.
And some of the feedback I received did cause me to change my ADRs. I changed 1 restaurant and a few times according to tips that other posters gave me.

I love to read other people's ADR posts because it gives me new ideas and I appreciate the feedback that everyone gives to the threads.

mrsgaribaldi
04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
I like to read them too. It reminds me of all the places we have to look forward to still:blush:

magicofdisney
04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Now that you mentioned it...
What do you think of my ADRs?

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
H&V
Boma's
LTT
Grand FL Cafe (In place of 1900 Park Fare)
Ohana's
Donald's Breakfasthoweveryousayit

All of these are for dinner and we chose all buffets so my kids aren't stuck with pre-plated kid's meals. :chef:

Natazu
04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Yup, that's me.

Truth is, I just like for my friends on ICOT to know where we've decided to go. I feel like I'm sharing some of my personality that way.

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Now that you mentioned it...
What do you think of my ADRs?

Chef Mickey's
Crystal Palace
H&V
Boma's
LTT
Grand FL Cafe (In place of 1900 Park Fare)
Ohana's
Donald's Breakfasthoweveryousayit

All of these are for dinner and we chose all buffets so my kids aren't stuck with pre-plated kid's meals. :chef:

Everything sounds great although we don't care for LLT (I know some out there love it but we didn't). I also love CP but for breakfast (love that breakfast lasagna)!

I am with the poster that said many people post because of excitement and feedback. I also get very excited about our WDW vacations (we leave in 154 days, 13 hours, and 7 minutes) and my entire family is already sick of me talking about it! I swear it consumes me. I know here that you all understand my madnes! LOL!

I also like to hear people's feedback on different restaurants. Actually I just called and placed an ADR for Whispering Canyons because I hear everyone on here talking about how wonderful it is and how much fun they had there. If it wasn't for someone's recent ADR post I wouldn't have decided to go ahead and book!

Mnchknbrat1982
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I shared mine because I have never done any table service meals at disney so I wanted the good, the bad, and the ugly from those that had in case I wanted to change anything.

Everyone's opinion had my not doing the Coral Reef one I don't know how many times. But the BF said you know you really want to so just do it, if we hate it then we'll use a cs afterwards.

Bruegge
04-10-2007, 08:07 PM
When My DW and DD then 4 went in 2002 it was the first time we stayed onsite.

The magic hit.... front rides on the monorail, "turning on the fireworks" at CG, stuffed animals (purchased that day..sent back to the hotel) arranged playfully on the bed when we arrived.

We had NO IDEA all this went on...

So, now even when it comes down to food... I like to hear about everyone elses experiences, I want to DO IT RIGHT I want to be READY TO MAXIMIZE THE EVENT....

We are NOT attackers at the park ... just the oppisite but when we go I want to ride 3 or 4 good rides and go swim or nap

Dinner is VERY important. Thus to stay on topic.. everyone wants to make sure they "did ok" with choices. I would be dissappointed to know I made an average choice for dinner when I could have made a great choice

that said

Mangioni's (arrive late first day)
Ohana's
Chef's
California Grill
Narcoosee's

Also all this talk gets me excited about our trip.

Scott

maizey05
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
It is funny that we always post our ADR lists...but. I was new to intercot before our last DW trip and had no idea what to do for ADR's. I had one for Concourse, which I almost cancelled. When I posted my list, I got some good comments on Concourse, so I kept it. I was so glad we did. It was one of our favorite meals of the trip!!! Keep those lists comin'!:mickey:

tinksmom02
04-10-2007, 10:22 PM
The first time I posted ADR's it was because I wanted feedback on my choices. Yesterday LOL I posted my ADR's because I was just so excited to be going back to the world and no one else really understands that but you guys here on Intercot! I mean, who else really gets how cool it is that I contacted MJ Sunday night, was booked by 7:15 Mon am, and had my whole trip planned out with great ADR's by 3:30pm? My husband doesn't care, my daughter doesn't understand, and my mom and my friends just think I'm nuts.

At least here I know I'm not the only nut!

Plus, I like reading about other people's plans...just the nosy busybody in me, I guess! :mickey:

HockeyKat
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I am just overexcited and that is why I post them. :blush:

DH has turned me into a Disney nut, but he and I are the only ones we know. My coworkers and friends all think we are nuts to go to WDW so much when we don't have kids! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
04-11-2007, 12:04 AM
We are all about sharing our ideas, information and experiences. Keep those ADRs coming because I enjoy reading what you share! :mickey:

Belle--86
04-11-2007, 12:17 AM
i agree with it,s the excitment of your going to Disney. also to share your plans and get ideas from other Disney fans.. We could all use ideas and sharing of past experiences to help plan trip. :) :) :)

Jeff G
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Maybe (maybe?) the reason we post our ADR lists here is because we just got off the phone and we got the meals we wanted and we're so excited and we know if we call one of our non-Disney-nut friends they'll think, "Oh please, not Disney World again..." and we know if we say "Boma" in this forum, chances are someone will celebrate with us, "Whee! Zebra Domes!":joy:

So keep those ADR lists coming. I'm always ready to reply, "Have a great trip!":wave:

Hi, my name is Jeff and I have an addiction.....

Most people who know me think I have a Disney obsession and if I taked to them about WDW half as much as I'm able to talk here on Intercot they would commit me. And if I ever talked to them about my ADR's, well..... but the excitement of booking is magnified so much when you can share the plans with others who are excited for you.

So every day I'm on here looking at eveyones posts enjoying their ADR plans. Thanks to all the other addictees, err I mean Intercotees helping me get my daily Disney fix:D .

MinnieMommie
04-11-2007, 12:23 AM
i agree with it,s the excitment of your going to Disney. also to share your plans and get ideas from other Disney fans.. We could all use ideas and sharing of past experiences to help plan trip. :) :) :)

:welcome: To Intercot! :mickey:

marlyn
04-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Hi, my name is Jeff and I have an addiction.....

The first step is admitting you have a problem...or so they say. The thing is, I LIKE my problem and am so glad there are others here who also like it.

So...Hi, my name is Lynne and I have an addiction...

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 07:21 AM
I actually wanted to know what people thought about my ADR's because although I am a WDW I don't usually make a lot of ADRs for the nicer restaurants. I made quite a few changes after getting some opinions here on Intercot.

I usually don't ask someone's opinion about a place that I already like or dislike.

When people ask about a dining option I usuall try to back up my opinion with a description.

For example, I am not crazy about San Angel Inn because I live in TX (or did up till a few years ago) and I am used to Tex Mex and the San Angel Inn is more traditional mexican food.

Of course the menu section of Intercot is very helpful with this sort of thing.

Suzibell1968
04-11-2007, 08:04 AM
The reason I have posted mine is to get help from everyone here, who in my experience, are awesome! I have changed my ADRs 3 times with the help of forum posts like this and I am really pleased with my end result.

mickeys_princess_mom
04-11-2007, 08:20 AM

:high5: :cheer:

big blue and hairy
04-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh face it....we're all nuts...happily...but nuts....

:sulley:

threeh
04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
I usually post mine becasue it seems real that way. I plan, re plan and plan again and when I write it down and am able to show it it justs adds to the fun!!!:mickey:

Septbride2002
04-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Love the Cheese Soup Dance!:dance:

I think people post ADR's based on what they are trying to achieve on their trip. For instance the "Honeymoon" ADR's are more then likely different from the "my kids are 8 and 9 and eat all day long" ADR's.:eat:

Also I think it is the excitement of getting what you want! No one but Disney people really understand what it is to score a Princess Breakfast at the castle! Who else could appreciate the mom and dad who got up at 5:30 a.m. in order to make sure their 5 year old sees Cindy?:trio:

I always list my ADR's - mostly because I'm looking for some reviews. Or perhaps I've got down the wrong date for fireworks and think I'll be seeing them from the CA grill.

~Amanda

KAT1811
04-11-2007, 11:13 AM
No one but Disney people really understand what it is to score a Princess Breakfast at the castle! Who else could appreciate the mom and dad who got up at 5:30 a.m. in order to make sure their 5 year old sees Cindy?:trio:

SO true. No one understands why I get up at the crack of dawn on that 180th day to make sure my DDs get to have that fabulous breakfast. My uncle says that there isn't a restaurant in the world he would want to eat in if it required making reservations 6 months in advance! Needless to say he doesn't understand but I know all of us do!

Just the thought of all of us who go through the crack of dawn alarm rings just to make our children feel the magic a little more brings tears to my eyes!

jefmblrd
04-11-2007, 11:35 AM
It's great that ADR's get posted because it allows people to get feedback on where they are going to eat, and it's fun just to share plans with everyone else.

prttynpnk
04-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I love reading oyther peoples ADR's! Then I look up the menus and tweak my excel itinerary and force my loved ones to look at it one more time!
I'm not obsessive I'm not obsessive I'm not obsessive I'm not obsessive.

MMouse6937
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Yup, that's me.

Truth is, I just like for my friends on ICOT to know where we've decided to go. I feel like I'm sharing some of my personality that way.

Jym, you are so correct. As a recent "what do you think" poster I know you responded and it made me feel good to get the affirmation. I also like to feel connected to people here and it makes the trip feel all that more real to me. Plus, if I try to get DH to the tell me what he thinks, he just says whatever you want, and that's NOT what I want to hear!! ;)

lightyearfan
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
ok well what do you guys think of my list we will be going to these TS resturants:

Epcot:
Le Chef De France
Le Celluir
Rose and Chrowne
MGM:
Sci FI
50's Prime Time
MK:
The Plaza Resturant
Ohanas (well Poly)

For breakfest at the resorts :
Boatwrights Dining Hall
Grand Floridian Cafe
1900 Park Fare
Bomas
the rest of the week will be spurt of the moment.

what do you guys and gals think?

Victor

disneynarula
04-11-2007, 01:57 PM
I Then I look up the menus and tweak my excel itinerary and force my loved ones to look at it one more time!

I do an excel ininerary as well! Is yours color coded?

Septbride2002
04-11-2007, 02:02 PM
I love reading oyther peoples ADR's! Then I look up the menus and tweak my excel itinerary and force my loved ones to look at it one more time!

:high5:

ME TOO!!!!

prttynpnk
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM

I like to color code by park- but last time I got so DDP obsessed I did it by CS,TS and snack. ...and yes, I am ashamed to admit that.

Goes4FastPass
04-11-2007, 04:44 PM
As Lumiere would say, "But of course!"
Pink = MK
Green = AK
Blue = EP
Yellow = MGM
Purple = TS-ADR with Conf#
Gray = Travel to/from WDW

My grid runs 7am to 2am down and Days across. Read across 6pm to Thursday... Akershus Princess Storybook Dinner. All parks opening and closing + EMH are indicated as well as parades and fireworks.

magicman
04-11-2007, 06:05 PM
As Lumiere would say, "But of course!"
Pink = MK
Green = AK
Blue = EP
Yellow = MGM
Purple = TS-ADR with Conf#
Gray = Travel to/from WDW

My grid runs 7am to 2am down and Days across. Read across 6pm to Thursday... Akershus Princess Storybook Dinner. All parks opening and closing + EMH are indicated as well as parades and fireworks.

Yes, YES, YEEEES! The only difference is that my color-codes are standardized to the color of the park calendars/schedules from the WDW web site.

I love knowing that there are others like me out there.:here: :here: :here:

BronxTigger
04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Posted by magicman
Yes, YES, YEEEES! The only difference is that my color-codes are standardized to the color of the park calendars/schedules from the WDW web site.

Oh! What a great idea!

My Excel itineraries are not as specific as Goes4FastPass (I don't put times on mine). I just have a column for each day. At the top I have all the park hours (I've found I like to hop at the last minute sometimes), a space for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, (where any ADRs go....I only have 2 for my 5 day trip in August) and then an open box to fill in a tentative schedule and my must-dos for the day. I also have a general spot for the things I want to buy and the CS meals I'd like to eat during the week. :secret:

prttynpnk
04-12-2007, 07:09 AM
:blush: Last trip I added the sunrise and sunset times and thats when my sweetie threatened my excel privileges! Apparently I'd crossed some thin line toward madness in his opinion.

KAT1811
04-12-2007, 08:12 AM
LOL!!! Color coded excel? Now I can blame my new found madness on all of you! Thanks for the idea. So far right now my itinerary is in a plain old word doc. Not for long!!!!! I am currently holding so I can add the free DDP to our entire grand gathering. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Natazu
04-12-2007, 10:10 PM
So far right now my itinerary is in a plain old word doc. aren't you cute

lilmattie13
04-12-2007, 11:10 PM
:mickey: Ok so I was reading this thread thinking ok I have not gotten that bad where I am posting ADR's and setting itineraries by color.

But then as I read on and on I started thinking and getting very excited more and more and more...

To the point where I dont care if I am a Disney nut. WOOOOOOHOOOOOO :party:

I want colored itineraries lol

I want to post my ADR's

So to all of you out there, this is wonderful. I love reading that I am not alone in my Disney madness. I have you guys!!!!!

and to cap it off here are my ADR'sn which I am proudly posting lol

Cape May Cafe dinner
Cinderella's Royal table lunch
Spirit of Aloha (cat 1)
Play and Dine at MGM
Whispering Canyon lunch
Le Cellier dinner

So my friends how did I do? What do you think? I love all the input and suggestions.

Thanks so much my fellow Disney addicts

thejens
04-13-2007, 12:22 AM
I am definitely having Excel itinerary envy! Mine are in Publisher and do include "j run for fastpass, group goes to safari, thrill riders hit EE while little kids and grandma go to trail" etc. My sister burst out laughing to see my neatly typed comment that we "might be hungry for lunch after Dinosoar" and was worried about my sanity when I told her not to worry about getting ponchos for Kali since I already had bought them for the entire family. THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING GUYS!!! I think I post my intinerary out of sheer excitement, but I always love comments and suggestions. Of course I just want to talk about Disney, but I also love finding yet another tip on how to make my trip more magical. Thank you, thank you, my fellow, happily crazy intercottees.

marlyn
04-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I LOVE all you guys!! I am sitting here laughing because I can relate to you all so much with your color coding and hyper-planning. I come here to share my intinerary and read yours. No one in my real world life gets it (and they never will). Half the fun of a trip to WDW is the planning.

My family all thinks I am crazy, but when we get there and everything goes well, and they all have a good time, they bow down to my obsessive compulsive behavior ;)

Mickey91
04-13-2007, 02:03 AM
We post them because it is a fun Disney nut thing to do!:mickey: :mickey: My Itineraries are Purple and Red with Disney characters. Times and conf#s are red and activities are purple! Have fun trips everyone!!:party:

KAT1811
04-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I love all you guys too! :grouphug:

I'll be starting my new and improved itinerary today. I'm fairly sure that my family is going to think I've gone off the deep end :crazy: but I always know you are all here!

Is it only me or is it disappointing :sad: to everone when it seems like the planning is over? I am trying to keep it going with little tweaks here and there.

But now that I have a new Excel itinerary to make it is starting all over again!!! :joy:

January-2007
04-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Is it only me or is it disappointing :sad: to everone when it seems like the planning is over? I am trying to keep it going with little tweaks here and there.

Oh my gosh it is so disappointing when it seems like the planning is over. Our resort is booked, the ADRs have been made, we have tickets in hand. I feel like I could be doing so much more to plan for our trips once these things are taken care of, but I don't know just what, so I just wait. It's terrible!

prttynpnk
04-13-2007, 11:45 AM
To make us even geekier (if possible) once I finalize the plans, my Sweetie downloads it to his palm pilot so it's more portable- my laminated sheets were really not doing so well on Splash Mountain!

magicman
04-13-2007, 02:16 PM
...once I finalize the plans, my Sweetie downloads it to his palm pilot so it's more portable...

THUS DAWNS a new age of madness:crazy: as we look into the electronic planning abyss.

I agree with a couple of other previous posts from INTERCOT friends :grouphug: that I too am let down once I feel that there are no more tweeks that I can make to the planning & organizing of the trip.

lilmattie13
04-14-2007, 12:34 AM
I too am having a little planning withdrawal symptoms lol.

I am now booked at POR after changing from CS. Pop our first choice was full. I think I made a good choice well at least I hope so.

My ADR's are booked. So now what??? :confused:

Hmmm I need to think of something. I am thinking I will take a look at what I can do to tweek the vaca like ordering something for the kids and honey to be at the hotel. My Mom is going too so I think I might have a goody for her too as we will be there over Grandparents Day.

I think I might even take the madness to a new level and look into ordering matching personalized disney shirts. :blush: Yes, I admit I have gone mad lol

Anyhow I need some kind of distraction to last me til Sept. Too cold to garden yet here and the house is clean...:)

thejens
04-14-2007, 12:59 AM
Let me just warn you: when you are bored because all the planning seems done, do not, DO NOT, decide to browse e-bay to see if there is a must have pin, or really cool matching t-shirts for your entire family, or a must have souvenir that reminds you of your first trip....just stay on Intercot and dwell on whether you should take advantage of EMH or avoid them. It's cheaper and people understand you here. :mickey:

lilmattie13
04-14-2007, 01:10 AM
Oh My lolololol:blush:

I just got off the disney shopping site where I was looking at family matching T shirts.

Wow its scary how my intercot friends think like I do.

It is a good thing I was distracted by my email notification that drew me back here.

Thanks for saving me money....

At least for tonight :thedolls: