PDA

View Full Version : Getting to Hoop-Dee-Doo

Disdad13
04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm sure there is an Intercot vet out there that can answer this question for me...We will be at the World in September. For dinner one night, we will be going to the Hoop-Dee-Doo at Fort Wilderness. My question is - we will probably be at Epcot that day. What would be the easiest way to get to FW from Epcot? Would it be better if we made our way over to MK in the afternoon and took the boat to FW? I think I read somewhere that it is better to take the boat because if you take the bus, it takes you to the entrance of FW and you have to take another bus to get to where the HDD is. Is that accurate? Can you get to FW from Epcot directly any other way than by bus? What's our best bet here? And, after dinner, how do we get back to our resort (POP)? Bus to DTD and then a bus to POP, or is there a better way? As always, your input is much appreciated! Thanks!

KylesMom
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
If you don't have your own transportation (car), I would highly recommend taking the monorail from Epcot to the TTC, transferring to the MK and hopping on the boat to Fort Wilderness. :mickey:

Not sure what your best bet returning to POP would be, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to let you know if the DTD route would be viable . . .

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
I agree that the easiest way to get to the HDD from Epcot would be to take the monerail to the MK then hop on the boat over to FW.

To go back to your resort I would just take the boat back over to the MK and hop on the POP bus "home". The park busses usually run at least an hour after the park closes.

Other than that I would take a cab back. I took the DTD route one year from FW and it took FOREVER to get back to my resort. I would have happily paid for a cab if I had thought of it at the time. I mean it took well over an hour to get home.

Maleficent's Dad
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Some additional options:

Take bus to WL; then hop boat from WL to FW or walk the trail (about 1/2 a mile).
Take bus from EPCOT; yes you will then have to take internal bus to Pioneer Hall area.
Monorails to TTC and MK; boat to FW.

Return trip:

Boat to MK and bus to Pop would probably be fastest.
Internal bus to FW entrance; bus to DTD; bus to POP.

Good luck - GREAT show!!! :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
04-10-2007, 10:11 PM
We actually enjoy going from the Contemporary to FW via boat, so you actually have a couple options that way.
Bus to MK, WL, or Contemporary whichever comes first) and then boat to FW.

Return trip just stay away from the walking trail to WL. It's down right dangerous at night. During the day you should be OK, and it's a great walk. Too bad it's not really an option for after the show, you could sure use a nice walk to work off some of that food!

TiggerRPh
04-10-2007, 11:18 PM
If you don't have your own transportation (car), I would highly recommend taking the monorail from Epcot to the TTC, transferring to the MK and hopping on the boat to Fort Wilderness. :mickey:

Not sure what your best bet returning to POP would be, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to let you know if the DTD route would be viable . . .

Actually....if you have your own car you'd be better off driving from the TTC to the Fort Wilderness parking lot. It will be quicker than taking the monorail to MK then the boat to Fort Wilderness, then reversing the process at the end of the night.

If you are using Disney transportation, for the return to POP...if the MK is open, take the boat to MK then take a POP bus back. If you can't take the bus back to MK, take the boat to the Contemporary then the bus to Downtown Disney, then a POP bus back.