PDA

View Full Version : Should there ever be a movie about the life of Walt Disney?

caryrae
04-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I was thinking should there be some kind of made for TV movie or mini series about the life of Walt Disney? I think it would be a great idea. Walts life is very interesting and would make a great movie.

If they did I think, if you ever watched pro bowling (PBA), Parker Bohn III would make a great younger Walt. He looks alot like him.

NotaGeek
04-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I personally don't want to see a movie about Walt done. Hollywood would dig up any and all info and I would hate to see the image of the infamous Walt Disney tarnished by anything that might be dug up for bigger BUCKS at the theater, ya know?

caryrae
04-10-2007, 04:49 PM
What about the movie would have to OKed by the Disney family before it aired?

Marker
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Actually, I'd rather see a documentary style thing than a dramatized movie. And actually, I'd want to see the truth. Good and bad, but fairly and not sensationalized. I would be as disappointed in a white-washed version as I would be in an over-critical version. Just be fair and honest ( I know, hard to imagine these days) and I think it would be a very interesting show.

Jasper
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
There have actually been several documentary style shows done on Walt. What happens though is that because Walt's life was SOOOO wrapped up in his work it has been impossible to do a documentary of the man without spending a large amount of time on the work. The result is that it is difficult to tell whether you are watching a documentary about the man or the work.

caryrae
04-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah I have seen most of the documentary's on Walt Disney, love "Man behind the Myth", I just thought if there could be a made for TV movie or something with real actors. I don't know if you can really make a movie about a man who is such an American icon and do it enough justice.

Boojum
04-10-2007, 10:12 PM
I'd be afraid Oliver Stone (or somebody) would get ahold of it, portray Walt as some sort of disturbed genius, and manage to make the entire Disney Company look like some evil entity second only to communism (or whatever).....

January-2007
04-11-2007, 03:10 PM
I personally do not care for movies in which an actor portrays someone I greatly admire, like Walt Disney. I would much rather just see old stock footage of the man himself, you know? More truth that way. I just don't like the sensationalism that plays into it when they're just piecing together somebody's life when they never even knew him in the first place.

Red Randal
04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I think One Man's Dream is the perfect tribute to Walt's life. It has a nice documentary film, tributes to much of his work, and is located in the middle of his greatest dream: Disney World.

Christine
04-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Ooooo, I don't know if I would like a non-documentary movie about Walt. :nope:
I can't think of any actor-portrayed biography movies that I HAVE liked, except for Sweet Dreams (where Jessica Lange portrayed Patsy Cline...I can't believe I'm admitting this!) and The Queen.

GenieOfPA
04-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Actually, I'd rather see a documentary style thing than a dramatized movie. And actually, I'd want to see the truth. Good and bad, but fairly and not sensationalized. I would be as disappointed in a white-washed version as I would be in an over-critical version. Just be fair and honest ( I know, hard to imagine these days) and I think it would be a very interesting show.

i agree, i feel like a documentary would be more beneficial than a big budget hollywood flick

Figgyluv03
05-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Definetely a documentary! I love Walt and I think he lived a fasinaitng life! They should do one about Jim Henson as well!