PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon First Night Dinner?

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone! :hi:

Our first night tradition is dinner at 1900 Park Fare but due to their scheduled rehab we will not be able to dine there this year. :sad:

As of right now we have no formal dining plans for our first night. We are staying at Coronado Springs and I figured that we would just settle in, maybe a quick swim :swim: :snorkel: , grab dinner at the food court, and then bath and bed for the little ones, sangrias for the big ones. [I requested a quiet pool side room so that we could sit outside at night while the littles ones (10, 2, and 10 months) sleep.]

Now I am thinking that it may be nice to go and try Whispering Canyons for our first night's dinner :eat: . I was wondering if any of you had any feedback . We should be arriving around maybe 1:00/1:30 ish, then check in, unpack some, set the baby's crib up, and change. I guess my question would be is Whispering Canyons worth it? I figure a 5:30 dinner may not be a bad idea if it is as much fun as everyone says.

NJGIRL
04-10-2007, 03:00 PM
That would be a great way to kick off your vacation. My son and nephew had a blast and we all thought the food was good:thumbsup:

sleepingbooty
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
That sounds like fun. We always do Ohana our first night, I like to kick off the vacation with a festive dinner. I think Whispering Canyon would fit that bill as well - in fact, we're thinking of doing it for our last meal before we leave.

mook3y
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Something to consider. The restaurant is pretty noisy.

Two years ago, we ate there and just found it to be too much after a day of traveling. Our DD1 at the time for most of the meal was not a happy camper at all. The other 2 children, DS3 and niece 4 did ok but were way overstimulated after having travelled all day.

They did fine at other restraunts that were noisy later in the trip. But for them, it was too much for the first night.

Just a thought.

Its a great place for kids! But we have said never again on the day we arrive.

DVC2004
04-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I think it's a fun first night dinner! But not quiet. So if you are looking for a quiet place you might want to try somewhere else. It's fun, noisy, and uniquely Disney.:thumbsup: Make sure they seat you in the main area to be in the fun.:thumbsup:

Goes4FastPass
04-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I hear alot about the rehab and I understand it's moving to the Grand Floridian Cafe while the rehab takes place- WHEN is this happening?

Does this 'lessen' the experience? I think the GFCafe is a lovely room - would 1900 Park Fare not be good there?

Thanks!

KAT1811
04-10-2007, 06:20 PM
I hear alot about the rehab and I understand it's moving to the Grand Floridian Cafe while the rehab takes place- WHEN is this happening?

Does this 'lessen' the experience? I think the GFCafe is a lovely room - would 1900 Park Fare not be good there?

Thanks!

From what I am told it isn't going to be the same buffet dinner as 1900 usually is but a pre-plated character meal. We are not crazy about buffets but love 1900 for it's extensive options.