PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade

poeticeclipse
04-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I've never actually seen this parade. Is it worth watching? What is the parade route taken? I'm trying to find more things to do at AK.

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I really enjoy it. Sure it has the basic elements of every park parade - characters riding on floats - but the floats are so unique they're a lot of fun to see.

mmouse566
04-10-2007, 02:36 PM
My thought is you should always do everything at least once. Agree with the above poster - the "floats" if you can call them that are truly unique. There are more guest riders, ie. families, than I personally care to see and less characters but the music keeps it moving along. I believe the parade starts in Africa and ends on the bridge to Asia.

Pop Centurion
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
I enjoyed it as well.
As far as the route. It begins in Africa by the Tusker House. Then makes its way through Discovery Island around the Tree of Life and towards Asia but turns left at the Flights of Wonder. It then heads back into Africa.

I like to get a good spot ahead of time just outside of the Tusker House. We grab something to eat and relax while waiting.

wjrhw
04-10-2007, 02:43 PM
It is the only day time parade that I care to watch in all of WDW. We usually see it just before KS in the African village. It starts and finishes in the same spot, so we see it the second time through with no crowds to fight.

NewmanFamily6
04-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I have yet to see this one either but eith all these glowing reviews I look forward to it:mickey:

JPL
04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I really enjoy this parade a nice addition to AK unfortunately most of the time I miss dues to time constaints :( Most of my recent trips have been short ones and I often skip the day time parades:(

Gator
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Why would you ever miss any parade? Rides and shows are great, but it's great to see your favorite characters dancing to music. It's what makes it Disney and not SixFlags (their parades are about 90 seconds long and terrible). Even though lines may be shorter at that time, it isn't worth missing parades. I view them like fireworks-don't miss them for anything.

Disdad13
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
You MUST see the parade at AK! Parades at MK and MGM are nice and we enjoy them, but the parade at MK is by far the best, IMHO! The music is great and the "floats" are fantastic! I say "floats" because they are not really floats, but human powered contraptions depicting different animals. You really have to see it to appreciate it. Definitely work this into your schedule while at AK, however. A couple other things to do while at AK:

- Flights of Wonder - a very funny and neat bird show
- Kilimanjaro Safari
- Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail

If you are looking for things to do that take some time, you can kill several hours doing the above.

magicman
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
I am a big fan of the parade because it seems you are closer & more engaged with the performers/characters than in other parades. My kids all get high fives from a performer or two during the parade.

We watch the parade from Africa. The route makes a turn in the road & we try to watch from the outside of the turn.

We are ALWAYS in a bright, cheery mood when the parade concludes.

LoriMistress
04-10-2007, 06:38 PM
I never seen this parade, but I've heard from many people that this is their favorite parade.

Nick Mc
04-10-2007, 06:52 PM
This parade is worth watching if you haven't seen it before. They have stilt walkers, really neat floats, and good unique music. The parade route is rather long, it starts by the safari ride and also ends there.. so if you want to watch it from there, it would probably be easier to see when it starts coming back around. although the characters and dancers look a little bit more worn out, but there will be less crowds when it comes back around. But all in all, a really good parade.

MrPeetrie
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
It's a clever parade and the music is awesome. Also, if you watch the parade in Africa (from where it eminates), you can wait there until it returns and see it twice. At least, I heard that as a tip from TV.

TiggerRPh
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
You probably should see it at least once. IMO, this parade is probably the least exciting of any of the parades.

We usually see every parade at least twice before we pass on them unless we don't have anything to do.

We've seen this parade once and that was it. It's not a bad parade just not worth sticking around until 4 PM to see it.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-10-2007, 10:35 PM
We love this parade. As another poster said, the character interaction with the kids is great. My daughter got a great hug from Timon during the parade our last trip, she was thrilled. Lots of high fives from others as well.
See it at least once.

auntfrannie
04-11-2007, 06:30 AM
I think this is the best daytime parade in any of the parks! The floats are incredibly colorful, the music very festive, and the CMs on the floats seem to be having a fantastic time!!

Meghan
04-11-2007, 08:36 AM
I really recommed Jammin' Jungle. It's my personal favorite day parade. The music on the first and last float is what does it for me.

I used to work at Kilimanjaro Safaris and would work at parade a lot. Best place to see the parade is in Africa, where the path starts to head over to Asia, water side where the drums are. The 2nd pass of the parade will go right in front of you (around 4:20-4:25) and you'll likely be one of the only people standing in that area.

ChipnDaleGal
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
It is my favorite daytime WDW parade ever! I love everything about it. Great safari themed costumes on the characters, bright colors, fun music, interesting floats. It is a "don't miss" for us. We try to catch it at least once or twice per trip! :thumbsup:

MMouse6937
04-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I am so glad to hear that this parade is good. We have missed it for the last few years because we don't find ourselves still in the AK at 4:00. This year I have decided to sleep in a little bit and get to the park a little later so we can stick around and catch it. Looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
we saw this parade for the first time last year and it was really good, and we also agree that it's pretty much in the same vane as almost every disney parade, but the floats are something to see, we will go back and do this parade again on this upcoming trip, we recommend not to miss it

victor

OctDisney
04-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Nothing like Ice Cream for the kids and African Beer for Mom and Dad and then just sitting and relaxing to upbeat music and cool floats.

Also, if you wait until the parade comes back around it is better since everyone leaves and some of the characters have more time to interact.

poeticeclipse
04-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Now that we've established that I should go check it out... Where should I park myself to get the best experience?

Meghan
04-12-2007, 11:24 AM
As you're leaving Africa take a left towards Asia. Across from the Tamu Tamu refreshment stand there are some drums set up that little kids are usually playing on. The entire area by the drums is, in my oninion, the best place to watch the parade. It goes right in front of this spot around 4:20-4:25. This entire viewing area is usually a ghost town so when there is a family or two there, they usually get great character interaction.