PDA

View Full Version : AirTran, ME and AKL

King Triton
04-10-2007, 12:31 PM
I know that AirTran has been in a pilot program for a few months to be an official ME airline. Is AirTran an official airline yet (which will allow checkin at the resorts for the return home)? If still in pilot, is AKL participating? (I had heard only the MK resorts were in the pilot program)

And, for those of you that have used ME/BAGS for the AirTran return, do you still need to go online 24 hrs before your return flight for seat selection, or does BAGS handle that too? I would think you'd still need to do that yourself, because you can only check in with BAGS a max of 12 hours out.

faline
04-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I think this post (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=100358&highlight=tran) will provide the answers you need!

Piglet822
04-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I was told by several BAGS people that Air Tran was part of the program. 2 days later I was told it was still part of the pilot program (it's also available at Fort Wilderness) so the best thing to do is check at the resort check in desk in the lobby of AK Lodge.

King Triton
04-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Just to make it official, this is from over in the News forum:

AirTran Airways Becomes Participating Airline for Magical Express

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- AirTran Airways becomes an official participating airline for Disney's Magical Express Resort Airline Check-In Service on May 5.

With Disney's Magical Express, guests of Disney hotels check their bags at their hometown airport, bypass baggage claim at Orlando International Airport (OIA) and board state-of-the-art motor coaches to Walt Disney World Resort -- while their bags are delivered directly to their resort room -- after check-in. The complimentary round-trip service between Orlando International Airport and Disney hotels is designed to give Disney hotel guests the stress-free vacation they want.

AirTran is among a growing list of airlines that add another magical dimension to the service by enabling passengers leaving Orlando on domestic flights to check their luggage and receive a boarding pass before departing their Disney hotel, thus avoiding airport check-in lines. Participating airlines in addition to AirTran currently offering this additional service are Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines and United Airlines/Ted.

lylone
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Just to let you all know, we just departed POFQ on this past Saturday May 5th and we were told that airline checkin at the resort was not available for Air Tran. Don't know if there was a disconnect, but we did ask the desk the day before and it was a NO. We had to take our bags to the airport via DME and then wait in line at ticketing. There were others in front of us who had to do the same. :mad:

Piglet822
05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
The majority of the folks I transported today that flew Air Tran had checked their luggage at the resort. I believe there was only one group that did not, I didn't ask why.
As I mentioned in my other post in Accomodations I will see what I can find out and let you all know.