PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting / Nanny Services?

PinKy
04-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I need some advice regarding babysitting or nanny services in-room while we are at WDW for possibly two evenings about 4-5 hours at a time.

I have heard about Fairy Godmothers and I believe there was one other one...... KinderCare? Can anyone recommend a specific person as a "sitter" from either company? Someone you have used before and were happy with?

Also - what was the general cost? I believe there is a 4-hour minimum - is this correct? Is there a travel charge? The cost is really secondary for us - we just want to make sure that DS (he's 6 mos. old) is happy and well looked after while we're off having a dinner out. Most likely he'll be asleep the whole time that we're gone anyway.....

Also - one more thing - how far in advance should we make the reservation? If we decide to make a second reservation during the week we are there do you think that is too last-minute?

I've been trying to find a Fairy Godmothers website and couldn't find one.... maybe they don't have one yet?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be helpful! Thanks a bunch! :mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
04-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Pinky -- we will be using Kids Nite Out for the first time on the 26th. They have a website you can check out if you Google their name. After 3 years of research, they are the ones I feel most comfortable with. I will let you know how it goes, and the sitter's name if we are happy with him/her. :mickey:

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Any of the ones listed by Intercot are legit, and good. So, from Info Central:

Private & Group Babysitting (at the resorts):
1-407-828-0920
1-800-696-8105

Non Resort Specific Facilities - In-Room Programs

There are several services available if your child does not meet the requirements for the resort childcare facilities detailed above or if you prefer to stay out later and have someone come to your room.

Kid's Nite Out
1-800-696-8105 - Extension 0

"Kid's Nite Out" charges an hourly rate for one-on-one childcare and gives discounts for each child within the same family. Rates for one child are $13.50 per hour. Each additional child within the same family will be $2.00 extra. "Kid's Nite Out" also provides mother's/father's helpers, children's parties and conventions, and runs 4 children's camp programs in the Orlando area.

Visit Kid's Nite Out (http://www.kidsniteout.com/) for more details.

Fairy Godmothers
(407) 277-3724

Fairy Godmothers are available 24 hours a day. In addition to children they will also care for the elderly. All Fairy Godmothers are female and nonsmokers.

BelleCiavo
04-10-2007, 12:06 PM
In the past (3x) we have used Barbara from Fairy Godmothers. She is great with my three sons. This year we are using The Neverland Club for my youngest and letting my older sons hang out at the resort while my dh and I share a meal at Narcoossee's. I think the price for FG is $12 an hour plus a $12 travel fee. We always tip too.
HTH,
Karen :mickey:

PinKy
04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks so much Mickey'sGirl - that would be super helpful!

Thanks also for everyone's input.
:mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
We have used Kids Nite Out the past three years and were very happy with them.
I can't remember names but, it was a different sitter each year. However, you must book for two nights at the time of reservation (that was the way it was done up to last year, I do not know if that has changed) and you will get the same sitter both nights.
Last trip we booked the two nights and then my daughter was not feeling well the second night. We called that day and cancelled for that evening with no problem.
They were very good with asking questions about the kids likes, dislikes, allergies, etc.
They each brought a basket full of age appropriate toys and coloring books.
All this being said...My kids are always exhausted when we are in WDW so all 5 times we have used them the kids have been sleeping when the sitter got there. (Around 7:30pm):secret:
We were very comfortable leaving the kids with them.

Disneytravels
04-14-2007, 10:28 AM
We used kids night out last september and was very happy with them. I know other people who have use them too and they are great by bringing stuff for the ages of the children and they are firm on rules you have which was conforting. We asked them to be in bed by 10pm and they were.
They screen the employees and most are going to college- the one we had was in her 5th year- Pysh major. We sat with her for about 45 min before to have her get use to our children and to reassure me everything as okay.
We did only one night for 5 hours for 4 children(mine and my friends kids)
The kids enjoyed the sitter also and asked us to do it again later!lol

Mickey'sGirl
05-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks so much Mickey'sGirl - that would be super helpful!

Thanks also for everyone's input.
:mickey:
Hi :hi: We're back!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kids Nite Out. Sarah was the name of the young lady who came to look after my kids. She asked about what they could and couldn't do; go to the playground or the arcade(yes), if my younger DS could watch my older son's movies (yes), about bedtimes/routines/snacks etc.... a very thorough discussion. My children have special needs and my older son has Asperger's Disorder -- she had done research on it because she wasn't familiar with the term and then asked me some additional questions. She wrote us a note to tell us how great the boys were. Our boys both said they enjoyed the evening -- and didn't mind one night without us :D . She was fabulous and we will likely request Sarah again when we are down in October.

Cost is the only thing that might be prohibitive. We left at 6:30 and got back shortly after 11 -- that cost, plus the charge back for arcade usage was about $100 -- we also tipped Sarah $20 -- So that can be a major consideration when making an in-room arrangement -- We considered it part of the cost for a special evening out.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: