PDA

View Full Version : October crowds

the real Alice
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
My DH and I are considering a quick trip Sept 29 - Oct 2. We have never been in the fall before. This will be at the beginning of the EPCOT food/wine festival. Are things more crowded in Oct due to this? Is EPCOT overrun? Thanks for any help!

Strmchsr
04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
At that point it won't be quite as bad. October crowds get MUCH larger as you move into the middle and later part of the month. The time you're talking about should still be pretty reasonable.

threeh
04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
I've been to EPCOT in the days leading up to food and wine and it does get more crowded during food and wine, but it is not bad. Totally manageable.

Have fun!!!!:mickey:

ginger19
04-12-2007, 07:55 AM
We will also be there during that time. It's right after free dining and really before the halloween activities pick up so we are expecting lighter crowds. I just made ADR's and got exactly what we wanted for everything.

jax86
04-12-2007, 10:36 AM
an ideal time to go! we usually go either in late oct or early nov. never a problem with crowds. even with the food and wine fest.
have fun!:mickey:

thrillme
08-14-2008, 12:35 PM
We're looking at going for the first time in October (8-13). It looks like they're going to be having the food and wine fest then. In fact the Food and Wine fest appears to be the entire month of October.

Will crowds be as bad or worse than they are in July?

BraddyB
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
We're looking at going for the first time in October (8-13). It looks like they're going to be having the food and wine fest then. In fact the Food and Wine fest appears to be the entire month of October.

Will crowds be as bad or worse than they are in July?

I dont think it will be as bad but I havent been there in October either. I will be there the same time as you (6-13) SO I am sure we are going to find out together!!

Ropachs
08-14-2008, 01:40 PM
We always go late October/early November and it's always during F&W. Never noticed huge crowds because of it. We don't go because of F&W, it just always works that way. However, if you are going for the F&W, I'll be happy to tell you that we've also never noticed big lines at the kiosks, maybe 2-3 people in line. Wow, I can't stand the word kiosk.